Resolved Corrupt Save?

Users who are viewing this thread

And what if you never overwrite the saves? only creating new ones. No quicksave, just new save. Maybe it works that way.
I guess the ppl is here because we all reloded the tournament so many times :grin:

And what if you never overwrite the saves? only creating new ones. No quicksave, just new save. Maybe it works that way.
I guess the ppl is here because we all reloded the tournament so many times :grin:

already tried that!
it doesnt work! when u save and load you take the corruption onto the next file.. doesnt matter if u overwrite or create a new one!

man they really do not want to tell us whether the fix will fix our broken saves or not..
i hope they can make your saves work, but i feel after patch we will need start new game, but i very surpriced what still hotfix not released, when EVERYONE have this issue.

man they really do not want to tell us whether the fix will fix our broken saves or not..
That's because they can't promise anything, and it was already announced VERY clearly that although they would strive to try and make saves compatible between patches, there would never be any guarantees while the game is in early access. The amount of bugs and problems they are dealing with are immense at the moment, and even if they can stop a bug from occouring it doesn't necessarily mean they can stop it retroactively in a save that is already corrupted.
It's part and parcel of the EA experience.

i hope they can make your saves work, but i feel after patch we will need start new game

Let us wait and see. I think everything was said already and the Devs are working on it. Even if the old saves will work, I would recommend starting a new one.

Alot of people are confusing the 45 load and save issue with 'its a challenge of just 45 saves mode'.
Its not about the amount of saves, its about saving, and reloading them. So if you save and quit every day, and launch the next day by loading that save, your saves will corrupt in 45 days. It will eventually break for everyone, even those that dont savescum or save significantly less.

But yeah lets hope the devs meant they are fixing this particular issue, instead of some other save issues, even though every fix is obviously a good thing.

I have been saving hundred of times, so I tried saving and roloading from my save game to see if it would affect me, and it does. 16 saves from my current main save (each a seperate file) I get the crash on load. If you want to test yourself, my saves are here.

It's a matter of saving, and reloading, it doesn't matter if it's auto save or a different save file, after around 44 or so saving and reloading, the next file will corrupt.

This is after testing on a brand new campaign, skip tutorial, saving and reloading 45 times, while the game was paused.
rKUGknK.png
This was after my original campaign stopped and no matter what I did, the next save would be corrupt. It was around 20 different save files, I overwrite some saves here and there, which I would guess to be around 45, like Vadim Cool tested.

My corrupted saves weigh around 51 mb each while my recently made saves weigh 42 mb, and they keep growing with each save and reload.

Well I have only 4 save files, not 45. This is my Game Saves/Native/ folder, and saving does not work.

1mD6nz.jpg

I tried verification, clean reinstall, changed back to 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, no use.

I can't overwrite these saves, nor save as a new one. Tried to create a new character, saving doesn't work either.

I have been saving hundred of times, so I tried saving and roloading from my save game to see if it would affect me, and it does. 16 saves from my current main save (each a seperate file) I get the crash on load. If you want to test yourself, my saves are here.
Interestingly, even trying to load your test01 my game crashes. I think I might have a different problem.

Well I have only 4 save files, not 45. This is my Game Saves/Native/ folder, and saving does not work.

1mD6nz.jpg

I tried verification, clean reinstall, changed back to 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, no use.

I can't overwrite these saves, nor save as a new one. Tried to create a new character, saving doesn't work either.
This seems a lot closer to what I'm experiencing. To clarify, I have saved exactly once, and it crashes on the first time I try to load it.

Alot of people are confusing the 45 load and save issue with 'its a challenge of just 45 saves mode'.
Its not about the amount of saves, its about saving, and reloading them. So if you save and quit every day, and launch the next day by loading that save, your saves will corrupt in 45 days. It will eventually break for everyone, even those that dont savescum or save significantly less.

But yeah lets hope the devs meant they are fixing this particular issue, instead of some other save issues, even though every fix is obviously a good thing.
The 45 bug of saving/loading hell will crush every soldier, i hope they fix this first.

Back
Top Bottom