Resolved Corrupt Save?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have the exact same issue. I've been no lifing this game too. I lost my 33hour long western empire playthrough because of this. It happened right after the patch earlier today for me. The odd thing was, it actually let me into my campaign at first. I knew something in my game was absolutely wrecked though because my emperor declared war on himself! After that, any new save I made wouldn't allow me to load. I could continue loading my 1 save, but the other 5 were crashing every time.

Decided to check theory of 45loads on patch 1.0.2. Created new character, and tried with steps:
SAVE - N
LOAD - N
SAVE - N+1
LOAD - N+1
Size of savefile grow constantly, 47th save crashes game on loading. Save #46 works fine, but next savefile - dead.
Btw savefile size 41 443 KB #1 and 45 640 #47
Waiting for patching this stuff.

Are they still working on it or is the work day over and the issue definitely won't be fixed before tomorrow?
Just wanna know if waiting is useless

I would imagine they will address this sooner rather than later. It says in the most recent patch notes that they addressed this issue, but it was working fine for me until the patch so IDK. I decided to keep my corrupt saves just in case, but started a new playthrough with the hopes it will be fixed soon. I love playing as some Mongolians, but I will definitely be going back to my Imperial Legion/Cataphract Elite stampede ASAP! haha.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you get this crash becouse your old 1.0.0 save file has loaded a bug that since later have been patched,this creates a paradox which the computer can't compute with and you crash, hench why you crashed after you re saved it to a 1.0.1 save or even later.
Ssadly, as far as I know there is no way to recover this. I had the same issue with a 35+hour save but had to start over.

However there is nothing to say this won't happen in the future with similar bugs that do get patched, we caan only hope and not get to attacched to our saves.
1.0.2 is still has this bug, related to that Steam discussion. If you start from the beginning, your 45+s saves will be corrupt

Decided to check theory of 45loads on patch 1.0.2. Created new character, and tried with steps:
SAVE - N
LOAD - N
SAVE - N+1
LOAD - N+1
Size of savefile grow constantly, 47th save crashes game on loading. Save #46 works fine, but next savefile - dead.

I tried the same, more or less same result.

I would imagine they will address this sooner rather than later. It says in the most recent patch notes that they addressed this issue, but it was working fine for me until the patch so IDK. I decided to keep my corrupt saves just in case, but started a new playthrough with the hopes it will be fixed soon. I love playing as some Mongolians, but I will definitely be going back to my Imperial Legion/Cataphract Elite stampede ASAP! haha.
That was a pretty old post by me (old because its a fast-paced time right now with all the patches). I haven't tried this specific save after the 2nd patch because I loaded an much older one and I didn't run into that problem anymore.... though I changed I deleted all other saves and started naming my saves 01, 02, 03, ... I'm at 31 now...

Tested on 1.0.1 theory of 45 save/loads, created new character, made 45+ saves, loading working fine from all files. Made another character, made 45 loads from 1 save, works fine...strange...
But starting new campaign too dangerous still...

Are you sure you did it the right way? By making save 1 reload save 1, then save... then reload, then save... ? Also did you try more than 45? Like 55?

the problem is the loading! if u save your game and then load it again your file gets corrupted a little bit! if you load it for the 45th time the file is fully corrupted and the game crashes upon loading!

There is a huge topic about it on steam as well. ive tried it twice myself and it is always the 45th load..

Steam discussion link:
- [SHOCKING DISCOVERY] !!! (max 45 saves / reloads) - RIP!!!

Yep, we saw that few pages ago :smile:
And problem is loading and saving. Loading good working save more than 45 times works fine.
As I said:
SAVE - N
LOAD - N
SAVE - N+1
LOAD - N+1
Cause if u got one save and you overwrite it and load more then 45 times - same result.

Are you sure you did it the right way? By making save 1 reload save 1, then save... then reload, then save... ? Also did you try more than 45? Like 55?

Bit later tested new way. Yes, tried about 60 times for both ways.

SAVE - N
LOAD - N
SAVE - N+1
LOAD - N+1

the problem is the loading! if u save your game and then load it again your file gets corrupted a little bit! if you load it for the 45th time the file is fully corrupted and the game crashes upon loading!

There is a huge topic about it on steam as well. ive tried it twice myself and it is always the 45th load..

Steam discussion link:
- [SHOCKING DISCOVERY] !!! (max 45 saves / reloads) - RIP!!!

Yes, was said a few times now.

Bit later tested new way. Yes, tried about 60 times for both ways.

hmm, well that's odd.... hand over your PC to me, now!!! I wanna play the game!!! :grin:

Not sure what to say to that.. But I know that there is something wrong with the way game is saved. And in any case this should be looked into... So many of us are experiencing this problem... Question is when will the devs look into this and will they actually find the problem on their end...?

In any case, thanks for testing... maybe the way the game is saved is related to character creation? Because I can't think of anything else atm.

Last edited:
hmm, well that's odd.... hand over your PC to me, now!!! I wanna play the game!!!
Not sure what to say to that.. But I know that there is something wrong with the way game is saved. And in any case this should be looked into... So many of us are experiencing this problem... Question is when will they look into this...

In any case, thanks for testing... maybe the way the game is saved is related to character creation? Because I can't think of anything else atm.

Just like u said, in steam, they might add smth to savefive and after 45 "things" game get wrong info and can't read it.
I assume, that they trying to fix that with much priority, cause their first line of 1.0.2 was about save corruption after quest and number of people with this problem is growing, cause it is inevitable

Back
Top Bottom