Cool looking army comps/list of heraldic mail troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone have a list of good faction armies/neutrals/KOs that look pretty uniform together? Most of the faction armies already look consistent, but I was wondering what else could be added. For example:

- Griffons' black and yellow goes well with Empire armies' black and gold
- Falcons' blue horses go well with a Ravenstern army
- Sarleon already has a nice red/silver look
- etc

Anyone have a list of heraldic troops? There might be stuff that looks good with one of the faction armies if you choose the right banner.

Also, Fierdsvain doesn't have many green troops. I was thinking if there might be something that goes well with Clarion Call knights.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're asking two different questions:
1. are there any heraldic armor troops that go well  with nation troops?
2. what combinations of KO/neutral would look cool with some armies?
is that right?

1. no idea. can't think of any generic heraldic set.
2. me thinks Clarrion Call goes better with Fierds as well as Rogue Blackheart Knights. Melitine/Serpent look nice with Baccus, D'Shar Rogues look great as core elites of D'Shar augmented by Bladesmen (same with Omen Seekers), Ebony looks great with Sarleon red. 

is that what you mean?

thermocline said:
Anyone have a list of heraldic troops? There might be stuff that looks good with one of the faction armies if you choose the right banner.

Heraldic Brigandine              Mercenary Scout, Mercenary Armored Crossbowman, Pendor Swordsman, Pendor Spearman
Heraldic Brigandine (diff.)      Pendor Heavy Spearman, Pendor Lancer
Heraldic Cuir Bouilli             Ravenstern Warden, Ravenstern Man-at-Arms
Heraldic Platemail Harness   Ravenstern Knight
Heraldic Plate Armor             Ravenstern Knight
Heraldic Mail & Plate                Sarleon Knight, Valdis Huscarl, Pendor Knight, Pendor Foot Knight
Heraldic Mail With Surcoat      Sarleon Man-at-Arms, Ravenstern Warden, Fierdsvain Huscarl, Fierdsvain Armored Axeman, Pendor Armored Bowman
Heraldic Mail                      Sarleon Halberdier, Ravenstern SaA, Pendor Light Lancer, Pendor MaA, Pendor Bladesman, Pendor Cavalry, Pendor Heavy Bowman
Heraldic Mail With Leggings      Sarleon Man-at-Arms, Sarleon Squire-at-Arms, Fierdsvain Warrior, Pendor Mtd. MaA, Pendor Noble Bowman
Heraldic Mail With Tabard        Ravenstern Warden, Ravenstern Man-at-Arms, Fierdsvain Huscarl 
Heraldic Sarleon Platemail       Sarleon Halberdier, Sarleon Armored Longbowman

Pendor commoners wear heraldic armors, nobles wear black and steel/white armors.
FAA and FH wear mostly heraldic armors and look distinctive in them as well with same black and steel light armor for lower level troops.

Troops Trees in Reports.

madboy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're asking two different questions:
1. are there any heraldic armor troops that go well  with nation troops?
2. what combinations of KO/neutral would look cool with some armies?
is that right?

1. no idea. can't think of any generic heraldic set.
2. me thinks Clarrion Call goes better with Fierds as well as Rogue Blackheart Knights. Melitine/Serpent look nice with Baccus, D'Shar Rogues look great as core elites of D'Shar augmented by Bladesmen (same with Omen Seekers), Ebony looks great with Sarleon red. 

is that what you mean?

That's exactly right.

@sher, Voyager--thanks guys, super helpful. Looking through Morgh's now.

Looks like a Sarleon army with a red/silver-based insignia would look pretty cool, since the higher-end units all have some heraldic armors but also some regular Sarleon armors.

For Ravenstern, the high-end units don't use heraldic equipment, so they are out.

Fierdsvain/Pendor units might be a good basis for a uniform-looking army. Too bad Pendor Greys don't have heraldic armor...

Back
Top Bottom