Converting nif-files into brf-files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone,

I want to import awesome witcher-armor-meshes into OpenBRF. I found some hints to convert the files, but the program BRF Edit seems to be outdated etc.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=66572.0
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8771.0.html

Anyone knows how to convert nif-mesh-files into brf-files?

Thanks you for answering in advance and have a nice day/night!

I think he's asking, "is there some way to bring over the rigging, too?".

The answer to that is a flat No; the skeletons for M&B are completely different and aren't compatible. 

If you don't know how to rig a mesh, you aren't going to be able to do this.

You'll also have big problems with the proportions of the costumes, which won't fit with Warband well.  So, basically, if you're not already an expert 3D artist, you have a very big series of challenges ahead.

xenoargh said:

The answer to that is a flat No; the skeletons for M&B are completely different and aren't compatible. 

You'll also have big problems with the proportions of the costumes, which won't fit with Warband well.  So, basically, if you're not already an expert 3D artist, you have a very big series of challenges ahead.

Thanks for answering for me  :cry:

Thank you all for the answers!

xenoargh said:

Right. That was my point. So it is far more difficult as it seems in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom