Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

Users who are viewing this thread

Taken from overview post

•Add an entry fee for a special tournament that grants a unique item to the winner.  It can be useful or just some type of trophy (masterwork wooden sword, gold cloak, or something useful but not to useful messing up the balance).  It could also be a quest item

How about a Special Tournament at a Neutral Location (would require a new map icon) that holds it only twice per years for only Lords of the highest renown? The entry fee should be pretty steep 5000-10,000 denars with a really huge payout and tons of renown/civilization benefits and  bragging rights for the Winner.

-Lords traveling to the Tourney would be ripe targets to keep them out.

-Special Knights from the homeland would show up with crazy gear and stats

-Unique Armour and Weapons used only for this Knights Tourney.

-You have to have your own Kingdom to qualify

-Losing, has dramatically bad effect on your entire Kingdom as your embarresment is just too much for them too handle.

-New glossy massive, fighting arena with large crowds/horns etc...

Just a couple of small things Id love to see in SoD.

Not sure how hard/easy it is to do, but I have played a mod where you in addition to selecting infantry,cavalry,archers in battle, you can select companions. This would be awesome, as companions often have better athletics, and run ahead of your army and get wtfowned.

Would love to see the "melee" you can select in the arena of each town given some love. It may be just me, but I spend alot of time in that arena leveling my weapon skills early on. Maybe there could be different versions where the guys are armed differently, or you and your opponents fight in armour. TLD had a survival mode in melee, where you could select 3-4 companions, choose arms forthem and yourself then fight waves and waves of regular/vet fighters.

These are obviously pretty low priority and insignificant requests heh, but thought I'd get them down, as I love this mod so

i believe the select companions order was in older version of native and for some reason it was dropped  :???:
and indeed having ur companions acting as body guards would be awesome  :roll:

Qtee said:
Just a couple of small things Id love to see in SoD.

Not sure how hard/easy it is to do, but I have played a mod where you in addition to selecting infantry,cavalry,archers in battle, you can select companions. This would be awesome, as companions often have better athletics, and run ahead of your army and get wtfowned.

Would love to see the "melee" you can select in the arena of each town given some love. It may be just me, but I spend alot of time in that arena leveling my weapon skills early on. Maybe there could be different versions where the guys are armed differently, or you and your opponents fight in armour. TLD had a survival mode in melee, where you could select 3-4 companions, choose arms forthem and yourself then fight waves and waves of regular/vet fighters.

These are obviously pretty low priority and insignificant requests heh, but thought I'd get them down, as I love this mod so

I agree to both.

Companions would be set to Follow me at all times, get a nice named bodyguard force and i can choose all their gear and stats.

Sounds like win.

now, my idea:

more upgrading on castles and towns (and maybe one or two more on villages). They should be expensive, take a while to build, and allow some really good things, BUT be exclusive lines. For example: A special blacksmith for castles that allows recruting of special troops, or, Nobles to be upgraded (becaue nobles like having expensive gear). The blacksmith could also please nobles and allow more in the army and etc. I am just all about the kingdom management and stuff xD

i believe the select companions order was in older version of native and for some reason it was dropped  :???:
and indeed having ur companions acting as body guards would be awesome  :roll:

Ahh that makes sense, as it was TLD for .808, that's a real shame. My companions are mostly mounted to up party speed, and I quite often hit from behind with my cavalry taking heavy losses to do heavy damage.

I want to be able to give Lords on my faction money

I also want to be able to receive taxes from these lords as well. As a king surely you would no longer need to trade and sell looted items to make money.

Also, I up the tournament betting to 1000 Denars max bet, 100 is just plain crap, should be able to bet what you want!@

Actually, considering the current stability problem the main question is probably : should an even bigger (and very probably unplayable on most computers) version be made ? Unless warband expansion increase engine performance/limits a lot, or new items models / other bug fixes solve the crash problems, I think the only reasonable answer is : no.*

Anyway... About your points :
- it's already possible to give lords money, unfortunately there is a bug with their party sizes if you do so ; this bug will probably be fixed then the option can be re included
- edicts to tax your lords may/will probably be added but they would be bad both for your lords power and loyalty (edit : this tax already exists, it's called scutage)
- it was decided not to make tournaments the main source of income in SoD as it's not logical for a king ; increasing bets to 1000 or more with the current bet system (allowing gains of 20000 denars per tournament with such high bets) is out of question ; now another bet system can be developped, allowing to bet more but with diminished gain (ie : if you bet 500+ denars you can only double the part of your bet over 100)

* it's a personnal opinion, not team decision

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62538.0/topicseen.html

any chance this could be used at the same time?

Make cattle follow you! Also make cattle giveable to villages and towns to improve relations with you and their lord/village/nation whatever.

I think it will be cool if you can host tournaments in towns you own. You invest a sum of money to host the event (includes paying for staff and the prize money) the more you invest the greater chance that nobles, lords and unique characters participate. Famous combatants draw huge crowds.

Let's say that, for game balance's sake, that it takes one or two weeks to prepare the arena and fairgrounds. During these two weeks the town's and adjacent villages suffer a minor weekly income decrease because people are busy preparing for the event. The tournament itself is held for one week, where the town and villages suffer a dramatic decrease in income because they are all partying hard. Relations with the town and villages skyrocket and the guilds are overjoyed since they filled their coffers with gold.
At the end of the week you will find out if your investment paid off or not :wink: The specifics are up in the air but you will(might?) earn a lot of tax money from the guilds, street peddlers pay to put a stand at the fair, there is an entrance fee for the participants, betting, the crowd pay for tickets and obviously waste a lot of money on useless things.

You can add a chance to lose money and renown/honor if your town is not adequately garrisoned to keep troublemakers in check. Thieves and conartists are rampant and who knows there might be an accidental death in the arena or a high profile murder that someone will claim was orchestrated by you. Things like that.

A penny for your thoughts.

Make the battle scenes more Plain, cause in hilly terrains with much trees, they pathfinding of tropps causes enormes lags an drops of fps.
And the battlefield looks not very ugly.

Could you get companion/party system from Fire Arrow mod?

It's more advanced than a simple party system today (double cost, no upgrade through the battle while joining it) and I think it's more realistic to grow your own kingdom with your companions help :wink:

make it so you lose exp. when you get knocked out and add a optional perma death feature for us hardcore players, just to encourage you not to make a lone charge into the enemy...

Can't compliment this mod enough, really great.
Here's my ideas, some may be beyond the scope of SoD, but if any seem good, by all means grab em!

= Economy =

- Towns should _mostly_ have their regional/factional types of weapons, armours, horses, and mercs in the taverns.
+ If I'm in Tulga, Nordic and other "exotic" equipment should be rare and expensive if it's in good shape. Kherget stuff should be common.
+ If I'm in in Thir, the opposite should be true.

- A town's prosperity affects the quality of goods in the markets and taverns.
+ Towns with low prosperity should have low quality (cheap) weapons, armour, food, etc for sale at the markets. Those towns with high prosperity should have high quality (expensive) items in the market.
+ Make it more expensive to rest in the thriving towns, and cheap (and dangerous?) to rest in the bad ones. More likely to be mugged in the poor towns and villages.
+ (a big one!) Towns with higher prosperity attract better mercs in the taverns, and replace them faster after being recruited.

- One of the factors that prosperity should be based upon is the caravans.
+ If your Caravans are getting through, that should have a positive affect on your town’s and villages prosperity. Conversely, if your Caravans are constantly being raided it should negatively affect prosperity.
+ This would create a tactical reason for raiding caravans, as well as defending them.
+ Make more of them and vary their strengths. The bigger ones increase prosperity more than a smaller one. You could also hit and run a powerful caravan simply to lower it's point value.  This could make it a more attractive target for a smaller patrol to get.

= Fighting =

- Kings, Lords, and Companions should be able to die.
+ Make it quite hard to kill them, but make it possible.

- Besiege anything anytime.

- When 2 factions are fighting, have the option menu be:
"rush in and help group A*"
"rush in and help group B*"
"rush in and attack them all"
"watch from a safe distance**"
"leave"

* It should not matter if I'm at war with anyone or not to help or hinder. I should know who I'm getting along with and who I'm not.
**You can watch the battle. Then by pressing tab the option menu comes back up.

= Strategy =

- All fifes (towns, castles, villages) should be siege-able and not tied to castles or towns.
+ Give each a town levy for defense and a strong-house they defend from  (micro-castle). When bandits raid a village, if they take the strong-house, maybe they keep the village for a while and it becomes part of the bandit faction.

- Ability to ally with other factions.
+ When the Invasion came I really wanted to give my "friend" who is a Nord Lord a bunch of troops, or temp send my regiment to his castle (which I'm sure would have improved relations).
+ These can be finite (1 week for example) with the option to extend.

- Make the Imperials and the bandits/deserters/sea raider/etc fight each other.
+ I think the most frustrating thing was watching the inability of my regiments and mercs to go from point A to point B without chasing every looter they came across from Suno to Praven! Meanwhile, the Imperials let these reprobates free-range all over my farmers and caravans.

- More flexibility with companions.
+ Allow them to lead regiments and Garrison castles.
+ Allow them to be tasked to scout areas and report back.

- There is something un-palatable about blindly recruiting Lords.
+ maybe lords should seek you out to join your cause (asking for lands) if your renown is high enough, or if you put the word out you're looking for lords to join your cause. There could be some leading questions to find out if their personality type (or their own renown should make it so you know something of them). OR, your honor could dictate the type of Lords that seek you. If they’re rebuffed, maybe they’ll swear revenge, become independent and hunt you down or raid your lands. That would be much better than them showing up with -20 relations, being jerks to you after you gave ‘em your fife, and having personalities that contrast your own.

- Bring back the ability to "move up/down" troop garrisoned in castles and towns.
+ That was a really nice feature.

- Make everyone (bandits, AI lords, player) have to camp "X" hrs per 24 hr period.
+ time needed resting can be shorter in a town and longer in a tent.
+ This would really make the spotting skill valuable to stalk enemy units and then pounce them when whey camp.
+ Make a generic “camp” to fight in (for when Camps get raided), and everyone camped should be dismounted.
+ Also make a generic "caravan" (wagons) to fight around when attacking/rescuring a caravan. It doesn't need to move, just scenery).

= Role Play =

- Make a quest that is actually a trap from the Lord requesting it.
+ I have a scenario, but still fleshing it out...

+ The quest for the unique weapon/helm/etc.
- Yeah, it's in a cave somewhere. Only one guy knows where it is. You have to find and capture him and he'll take you there. Ya know ya wanna!
:wink:

I think some improvements to mercenaries could be made.
1. Make it so that mercenary HQ's are inside a castle of the faction they have a contract with.
  -Make it so that if this castle is captured as well as the field Marshall then the mercenary faction could be destroyed so that all that is left of them would be tavern mercs. (killing mercenary leaders wouldn't have the same negative affects as killing lords.
        -Allowing the mercenaries to continue after they have been defeated would give you a good relations increase with them.
  - Allow the construction of a mercenary guild building which can be torn down for it's construction somewhere else in the kingdom. (move the merc HQ closer to  the front lines)
2. When you are still a small kingdom, make it possible to sign a mercenary contract with main factions, this would regularly give you missions (training, campaign assistance) from the lords but also give you an additional source of funding.
3. Make it an option to declare yourself a mercenary faction when you first take a settlement, this would lower your badboy rating but also get rid of some benefits. You could later on declare yourself a regular faction or have this automatically done when you have more than 3 settlements.
4. Also it would be good to let mercenary units dump their prisoners somewhere.

OK, this is radical:

- Allow player controlled companion led sub-units.

Basically, the player creates a regiment with (say) Borsha as it's commander. Now the player has 2 units on the map. The players unit is still primary and its movement controls time. The AI is removed from the Borsha led unit unless the layer instructs it to "patrol". The player now controls the movement/actions of both units, and if the Borsha unit gets into combat, the player controls Borsha (or can select "They can handle it" which is akin to "Order you men to charge without you".

This has now created a much more strategic game on the map level. By creating several Regiments using companions as their leaders, the player can create a picket line and sweep across the map, directly control the Regiments as they scout, and lead enemies away from areas while taking actions with other Regiments.

Thoughts?

Apollogies should the following have already been suggested or are implemented!
(I've capitalised existing and hoped-for commands for ease of reference - should any wonder)

When commanding troops in battle it would be rather splended to have the option to command troops to HALT an ADVANCE, or CHARGE (rather than heading them off and striking F1 repeatedly).

Is the ADVANCE command cummulative? If not, it should be made so! E.g. Striking F2 (was it?) thrice should order an ADVANCE of 30 yards.

Squadrons, Cohorts, Wings! Would it be possible to arrange troops into UNITS by which I could divide, say, cavalry into wings and thus order them independantly of eachother? (Edit to the Party screen?)

Additionally, would it be possible to add positioning relative to the inventory box, or player, by which I might order infantry to form CENTRE, cavalry to form RIGHT, etc? This could streamline initial deployment and might then assist in mid-battle manouvers.

Would a FLANK command be asking too much? :smile:

Anyone discussed those ghost sieges? It's something else to see a castle under siege with a pitiful garrison and no option to join-in, assault, etc. as the initiator is nowhere to be found (player as a vassal or otherwise)!

Thanks!

You hit on something...

Prior to battle being able to form your troops (Cav:right/back | Archers: center/forward | Infantry: center/back) and set formation (Cav: collum | Archers: wedge/line | Infantry: oblique/stacked) so that they spawn as such IN A HOLD (awaiting orders) would rock.

Back
Top Bottom