Concerning Morningstars

Users who are viewing this thread

Ekardt

Sergeant at Arms
Ive not once been able to blockcrush someone using a morningstar. Has anyone else every succeeded? It just wont happen for me.

I have been able to when using it in single player from a horse, both one and two handed. When I have been dismounted I have not being able to get it to work. Maybe the speed bonus from the horse helps?

For me it goes through blocks quite often. I have a cheat str of 60 and max powerstrike.
Perhaps that makes a difference.

I've gotten up to level 34 in single-player and I've been able to crush through blocks maybe one out of three tries in a ride-by one-handed swing.

I haven't used it on foot two-handed very often but I'd imagine it's similar to a sledgehammer there, try holding your swing for a second and a half, then letting go, I think I read somewhere that that helped increase damage/stun damage.

-John

Saranid 2h mace will block crush on overheads and side swings with a big speed bonus against 1 handed weapons. I don't think they'll punch through anything else.

Not sure if morning star crushes in multiplayer or not, but the way to tell is to try against a scimitar or something and run at each other and see what happens.

Ekardt said:
Ive not once been able to blockcrush someone using a morningstar. Has anyone else every succeeded? It just wont happen for me.

I've hardly used any of the weapons that can block crush, so I have no first hand experience, but I recently read somewhere (I think it is in the manual) that block crush will rarely happen with any attack other than an overhead strike. You probably already know this or use mainly overheads, but just in case you mainly do side swings this info might help.

DanAngleland said:
Ekardt said:

I've hardly used any of the weapons that can block crush, so I have no first hand experience, but I recently read somewhere (I think it is in the manual) that block crush will rarely happen with any attack other than an overhead strike. You probably already know this or use mainly overheads, but just in case you mainly do side swings this info might help.

Yeah, I already know, but thanks.

Back
Top Bottom