SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Complement to death - maim

Users who are viewing this thread

I like to play with "death" on. I like how it changes the human landscape of he game. But a few untimed deaths can also badly hurt the game-balance.

When a hero falls in battle and is unfortunate to be rolled to die from the hit, instead do another 50/50 check. Fail is death but if it succeeds, instead maim the charachter severly. That way, the battlefield is renewed but the hero count is more stable.

Concequences of beeing maimed:
Cannot participate in battle("Red" stamina, counts as wounded)
Cannot be assigned to lead a party(though it doesn't disband a current party).
Slightly increases the risk of dying from age
Will remain untill death from age

This can be expanded,
  • Age could improve the risk of beeing maimed above the current death-risk. We would see more aged warriors/warlords managing fiefs during their last years.
  • The player? This could offer a chance to retire the main hero and select an heir as a -flavourvice- "Co-Leader" of the clan.
  • Wanderers? I don't include them here. A maimed companion is of very little use(can only be used as covernor) and forcing the player to take the cruel decision to kick them for that reason sounds boring and non-immersive. There could be a flavourful option to retire them instead, moving to one of the players keeps and have them stay there as a flavourful reminder :smile:

Back
Top Bottom