complaint to whoever's responsible for the bans in-game

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furthermore, extending the line of thought of others to make a point is perfectly fine rhetoric and there is no need to be offended by it. If you cannot argue your point in a civil manner and are dismissive of everything contrary to your own limited perspective, then I suggest you reevaluate the necessity and intent of partaking in this conversation.
That's funny cause you're the one getting offended by bad words and throwing arguments out the window because of it

Notice how this kind of language was pretty much fine on previous instances of Mount & Blade previous to Bannerlord. Its not as if the toxicity is gonna ward off players from BL's multiplayer because no one's playing it in the first place

That's funny cause you're the one getting offended by bad words and throwing arguments out the window because of it

Notice how this kind of language was pretty much fine on previous instances of Mount & Blade previous to Bannerlord. Its not as if the toxicity is gonna ward off players from BL's multiplayer because no one's playing it in the first place
It appears to me that you are confusing my disapproval of Horatius attitude, which included refering to people by the c-word and anatomic references, which are contributing nothing to the debate apart from toxicity. I specifically stated that I understand the argument and merely adressed the part of the equation he was missing out on.

Regarding your point that is "was fine" in previous instances of Moun&Blade you have a point, which is that is was not enforced, which was of course mainly due to the overwhelming majority of servers being hosted by private individuals and clans, who are free to lay out rules of their servers as they see fit, which is exactly my point as to why Taleworlds is free to ban who they want, even based upon their Steam name.

Finally, to be very clear about this: If you need to add in business on a personal level, attempting to insult or bait others, you're admitting that you have no further arguments to put out there. You're very welcome to actually put those forward, but if you want to devolve the discussion into throwing around accusations, presumptions and insults, then this thread will be locked.

Thats a terrible way of looking at things.
Nobody starts crying because someone called them a bad word, instead they just go, oh well screw this I'll just go play something where I'm not harassed or people act like brainless monkeys.
I know people left Warband because of toxicity and being barraged with personal insults. Why would people bother playing a game like that?

It appears to me that you are confusing my disapproval of Horatius attitude, which included refering to people by the c-word and anatomic references, which are contributing nothing to the debate apart from toxicity. I specifically stated that I understand the argument and merely adressed the part of the equation he was missing out on.
All I was referring to was your implication that a mere insult has the weight to invalidate an entire argument :
If you feel it is necessary to hand out insults and be genereally disrespectful to other users, you're arguments are automatically invalid.
I agree with your later point about private servers being self governed / enforced and hope that is the case when they finally do come

Thats a terrible way of looking at things.
Nobody starts crying because someone called them a bad word, instead they just go, oh well screw this I'll just go play something where I'm not harassed or people act like brainless monkeys.
I know people left Warband because of toxicity and being barraged with personal insults. Why would people bother playing a game like that?
Except your experience of people you know leaving due to angry words in a chat they can frankly ignore is not representative of the degree at which toxicity makes people leave. Warband's multiplayer thrived despite this and there's no reason why Bannerlord's can't thrive through it to, espeially considering there's a literal mute button.

Except your experience of people you know leaving due to angry words in a chat they can frankly ignore is not representative of the degree at which toxicity makes people leave. Warband's multiplayer thrived despite this and there's no reason why Bannerlord's can't thrive through it to, espeially considering there's a literal mute button.
Except what hes talking about goes beyond ingame chatting on badly moderated DM servers which seem to be the only experience you've had with warbands MP.

All I was referring to was your implication that a mere insult has the weight to invalidate an entire argument :

I agree with your later point about private servers being self governed / enforced and hope that is the case when they finally do come

Theres also manners, which should've been taught to people at a very early age, which includes not acting like an idiot just because nobody is there to stop you. Does seing someone spam the n word 40 times in the chat make the game fun for you? Yeah ok you can mute him. And the other guy throwing homophobic slurs like his life depended on it, then the guy who just cant help but talk about politics in a country he doesnt live in.
So you spend a few minutes a game muting these people, or just mute all, and missing out on a key aspect of the game, because some people didnt learn how to behave.
Everytime I see people just write incoherent nonsense on a sever I just imagine them back in kindergarten throwing rocks at other kids and their parent saying "lol my kid threw a rock at a f*ggot what a chad"

Warbands multiplayer didnt thrive because Hitler_Did_Nothing_Wrong was allowed to spam the server with stupidity, it thrived because the gameplay was excellent.

Except what hes talking about goes beyond ingame chatting on badly moderated DM servers which seem to be the only experience you've had with warbands MP.
Also that yes

You make a public post about your ban, but you want everyone else to not make bad assumptions? Should have just PM'd Dejan then.

I made a forum post because it's the way how the complaints are handled usually, you are making a forum post in separate section of the forums and people that are responsible for reviewing it, gonna check out and answer to your complaints. It's not my fault that TW doesn't have a separate thread/section of the forums where you can write unban appeals/complaints about their admin abuse without every single person on the forums thinking he's smartest guy around and should have his 5 cents in every discussion, so I had to make a forum post in this section of the forums. Besides it's not clear who's in charge of the bans in-game, so I wanted to find out it as well.

Last edited:
Communications Abuse
Respect fellow players
. Treat people how you want to be treated. There’s no excuse for in-game harassment, offensive language, hate speech, threats or bullying in any shape or form. The TaleWorlds community accepts and welcomes everyone, no matter their colour, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
As mentioned by others, in any shape or form. If you have an offensive steam nickname that goes against our code of conduct such as "I hate niggers" or "rapemaster2000" then we will take action.

Offensive nicknames and behavior like that don't have a place in our game and community. If you believe that's cool, fun or edgy then you should reconsider your way of thinking or get professional help.

If you see it in-game, report it.

I made a forum post because it's the way how the complaints are handled usually, you are making a forum post in separate section of the forums and people that are responsible for reviewing it, gonna check out and answer to your complaints. It's not my fault that TW doesn't have a separate thread/section of the forums where you can write unban appeals/complaints about their admin abuse without every single person on the forums thinking he's smartest guy around and should have his 5 cents in every discussion, so I had to make a forum post in this section of the forums. Besides it's not clear who's in charge of the bans in-game, so I wanted to find out it as well.
You already mentioned him in your post, could have easily PM'd him to find out your answer.
Hardly the communities fault that you think you are entitled to summoning an employee of Taleworlds to 'explain' your ban in public.

A very interesting read, I mean, I've known Arni for years; his intentions are clear. People believe that rules are black and white, when they're not, we do look at context, since that's extremely important.

Locking the thread, if Arni wants to continue the discussion, he can PM @Dejan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom