Competitive Mount & Blade has made its way to Facebook!

Users who are viewing this thread

Harman reveals the secret of Poland's success...

This time we're speaking to Nations Cup 2015 Polish Team Captain Harman. He has a lot of confidence and isn't afraid to speak his mind! Read below...

You can watch the Poland vs Turkey match on Competitive Warband Streaming Twitch Channel MB_tv around 1 hour from this post (at 19:15 GMT - UK Time) here: http://www.twitch.tv/mb_tv/

*MnBComp: Congratulations on your week 1 victory, how did you achieve such an impressive score against a strong group of players like the Ukraine team?*

Harman: High skill of UA players force us to release one of our secret weapons - tactic called "Nords paratroopers". We took our enemy by surprise on Reveran Village. Once more we pushed Warband meta further and totally outsmart them. Decisive win on first spawn gave us confidence and set our course to clear victory!
tongue emoticon

*MnBComp: This year Poland have opted for a relatively small roster of 14 veteran players, are you happy with the team, what are you focusing on improving during trainings?*

Harman: After strong selection, few deaths and many injuries we picked the strongest 13 warriors. Match is played 8v8. There's no room for more. We decided that 13 is unlucky number so we add Sebek as a team puppet.

*MnBComp: In spite of Poland’s reputation as one of the great Warbanding nations and the team’s consistent high performance in previous Nations Cups, there are not many slating you to win the tournament this year. Do you feel the same way about Poland’s prospects? How are the lower expectations affecting the team?*

Harman: Them fools. I think we deserve more respect. The match with Turkey will tell a lot and the winner will play in semies at least. I bet on us. Putting us below teams which take surviving group stage as a success, suggest little understanding of warband scene from most of those experts.

*MnBComp: The fixture gods have rolled their dice and it’s going to be Nords vs Swadia on both maps this week, how does that suit team Poland? Are you happy with that set up and what do you think of the maps, Castellum and Mountain Fortress?*

Harman: This week we don't really have open/closed maps. Both are semi-open. With the same factions there will be very little variety
in tactics. I bet will see almost the same troop set-up on both of them, with 1 cav difference. I'm not sure if that's good and
really highlights the strength of a team in particular aspects of the game.However maps and factions are the same for everyone, if that's what we have to play I'm okej with it.

*MnBComp: Turkey are a side which have placed in the top 3 of the every Nations Cup since 2011. In what is likely to be your biggest challenge of the group stage, how do you expect your side will match up against the Turks?*

Harman: They are a strong team. After we beat UA they are the biggest challenge indeed.Napoleon and few top rangers make them worthy opponent. However there's a reason why they haven't won any NC so far. The reason is: there are stronger teams. We're stronger.
~***~​

More info on the Nations Cup here  MnBComp on Twitter

The Incomparable Grifon tells it like it is...

We caught up with Nations Cup 2015 Team Russia Captain, Grifon for this interview. It's clear, he's a strong, no-nonsense leader, with a clear vision for his team and a lot of respect for his opponents. There's no doubting his experience, so perhaps his attitude could be a lesson for any aspiring new clan/team leaders!

Full interview below:

*MnBComp:  Congratulations on making it through the group stage. Looking forward, it seems your Quarter Final opponent is set to be the UK. What do you think about the prospect of facing what looks like a strong UK side this year, so early in the knockout stage?*

Grifon:  This year there are a lot of good teams and UK is one of them. The quarter final will be interesting match and I believe it will be a close match, but a Russian win, as it was last year.

*MnBComp:  Your last game, against BeNe, ended in defeat, which was perhaps unexpected by some. What have you, personally and Russia as team, taken away from the match?*

Grifon:  Well, we know our mistakes, guys often says about them, we try to solve them. I will try to help them with it and ofc believe team will help me with that too.

*MnBComp:  The Russian community saw some turmoil around the start of the tournament and through the formation of this year's Russian NC Team. Could you tell us a bit about that, as well as if and how it has affected the team?*

Grifon:  It had important effect on team, we lost some good players and the atmosphere was bad enough when we played together. I was away when all happened and when I came back I tried to solve the problem. Now we have a good team and I believe we can become champions smile emoticon

*MnBComp:  What are the challenges of getting your players to work as team, what do you focus on improving during the trainings?*

Grifon:  Many things need to improve when training players, from our positioning during a game to individual skill. The most important thing I do is to motivate our players to play, because many of them have play a lot this game and it has become boring for them.

*MnBComp:  Which teams do you expect to get to the final and why?*

Grifon:  Germany. They deserve this final, I see great work which they did. Turkey have also improved their performance, if they continue like this they will win the tournament.
~***~​

Staff: Aeronwen, captainlust, Le Roux.

"It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine."

Competitive M&B interviews our own little ray of sunshine...

Don't forget to like the page :smile:

Another Nations Cup 2015 interview from MnBcomp, this time speaking to UK Team leader about their progress and chances in the ongoing tournament.

*MnBComp: Congratulations on coming first in Group D, what do you think of the form that UK have been showing so far?*

OGL: I think we've performed as well as we've needed to and no more; certainly nowhere near our potential. As we go ahead to greater challenges I think you can expect our form to improve too.

*MnBComp: You don't sound overly satisfied, what steps will be taking to ensure the UK team performs to its full potential in the Knockout Stage?*

OGL: I firmly believe we have a team that can beat just about anyone, in terms of quality it's arguably the strongest UK squad ever put forward. It's not that I'm dissatisfied, but rather recognising that we should have high expectations.

*MnBComp: Russia have not performed as well as expected in the group stage, what do you think will be the challenges in your match against them?*

OGL: This year's Russia is not as strong as least year's controversial team, that's for sure, but they still have some skilled players. Their archers are famous for some crazy shots, especially on open maps, which can catch the unsuspecting off guard. That said I'm confident in our performance.

*MnBComp: Desolation Valley has proven something of a controversial addition for the tournament. Is it a map that gives you restless nights? What tactical approach do you take?*

OGL: I think it's a well made open map. Of course it gives me nightmares, I'm an archer, there's nowhere to hide! Fortunately we have some of the best cav in the tournament and the creator of the strongest tactic on open maps - that's probably the only hint you'll need for our tactical approach.

*MnBComp: With so many experienced and vocal characters in the UK Team, what sort of challenges have you faced in down your authority as leader?*

OGL: I'm sure you mean controversial loudmouths like Pepper and Mitchell of course. In truth the players have done everything a captain can ask for, most of us have played together before, players like Corey know the responsibility, Blacktide naturally respects me after my leadership in the last WNL, etc. The biggest challenge has instead been developing the strengths of the team. Azan is clearly the best strategist in the team, whilst heavy hitters Cleric, Deacon, and M just need to know who to hit. Now that the core team is organised, all that's left is to turn up and use our mental strength, as Cleric would say.
~***~​

OurGloriousLeader on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OGL_MnB

Turkish Captain, Napoleon gives his insights on the Greatest Ever Warband match...

[quote author=Towsend (British Commander)]Whoever wants taste the pleasure of a war should war against the Turks.[/quote]

Last weekend we saw Germany face Poland in what some are calling one of the greatest Warband matches of all time. The Nations Cup 2015 Quarter Final clash showed us fireworks throughout.

The next day Turkish Captain, Napoleon (@GuyFawkes_MBW) began tweeting his opinions on some of the plays that were used. The tweets offer some great analysis of how the teams struggled against one another, using unorthodox approaches, tailored to deal with the specific abilities of their opponents.

The tweets might give a little hint as to the result of the match, so if you'd like to watch it before reading, you can do so here: http://youtu.be/3XSb_kj2xJw

if you want to learn more about the Nations Cup 2015, you can check out the forum over on TaleWorlds, via this link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,385.0.html

Tweets below:

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: I had a chance to watch whole game between Germany and Poland on live stream and I will make a short analysis. Because it has lots of tricks innit."

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: Poland already knew Germany would go for 6 cav tactic on Desolation Valley. Poland couldn't play 6 cav better than Germany so they tried to avoid cav raids by more archers and infs"

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: They have failed against cav raids as Nords specially. They couldn't predict where Germany would rush so they failed to protect their archers."

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: Rhodoks were at better spawn so nearly impossible to get rushed by cavs. They waited for flag then they tried to put Germany into crossfire."

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: Germany reckon crossfire too late so couldn't have rushed enemy xbows. Just waited to be killed by xbows on flag. Surprisingly Germany won that round."

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: Germany is known with their top tier infs. Poland also knew it and had a plan to deal with it. Their plan was playing Mountain Fortress like an open map."

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: That’s why Poland started with 3 cavs 3 xbows and 2 infs. That sounds crazy doesn’t it? So that they bet 2 flag spawns out of castle and they got it."

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: Even as Nords, who have absolute melee stat advantage over Swadia, they tried to avoid proper inf fights. That was lovely to watch."

"@GuyFawkes_MBW: Congratulations to both sides especially Poland. That was the most exciting match I have ever watched for my 4 years of competitive Warband."
~***~​

By popular demand...I give you the People's Professional!
remember to 'like' it on FB

[Quote author=Julius Caesar ]Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.[/Quote]

As the Nations Cup 2015 edges towards its conclusion with the Semi Finals this weekend, we spoke to Belgium & Netherlands (union team) Captain LeRoux and asked him for his thoughts on some key tournament issues.

You can follow LeRoux on Twitter @LeRouxTheBee

He's a well mannered chap with some interesting answers. Read the full interview below!

*MnBComp:Congratulations on making it through to the quarter finals! You were favourites going into the match and looked strong throughout. What do you think of how the game went?*

LeRoux: Thank you! We lost the first two rounds of the match; at that point I think we felt a bit stressed. However we ended up picking up the next two rounds in clean fashion and had a 4-0 on the second set. All I can say about that is that I'm very happy BeNe kept it tight. Morale was good, the team play was very good. Of course we made minor mistakes, but we kept our cool and pulled through.

*MnBComp:Team Belgium & Netherlands are gaining a reputation for having strong ranged talent. How do you see the balance of ability among the team's players?*

LeRoux: Honestly it's true BeNe has a lot of ranged talent, and a lot of players who play another class but can play ranged when needed. However I don't think in our team it's that dominant, we have several very good infantry and some very talented cavalry players. If anything I'd want people to look at BeNe and see a complete team with good players on all classes, because that's how it really is. I'll give you an example. Dr_Doener. He's an infantry who can just go crazy and kill 4 people in a row. Of course Kellermann and Caius can do the same thing. Same goes for Tomy or Ceasar or Megaman when they play cavalry. Next to those players, I feel our team has some great support players, who can make sure our team play stays good in chaotic fights.

*MnBComp:With Turkey in such devastating form, showing threatening play on both open and closed maps, how do you rate your chances against them?*

LeRoux: We're going to try our very best. I think if we play our A-game, we stand a chance. I don't think Turkey is that much of a threat, it will come down to how BeNe plays. The skill difference between Turkey and BeNe isn't that big. If we can neutralize their super stars, we stand a good chance. Next to that we can't make any mistakes at all or they will punish us for it. I know they won't underestimate us, but I still hope we can catch them off guard and surprise them with our plays. Even if we lose, if we play a clean game and present Turkey with a challenge, I'll be very proud of my boys.

*MnBComp:In the other semi-final, UK will be meeting a Poland side that have already defied expectations in the knockout stage. What are your expectations for that match?*

LeRoux: Honestly I can't tell. Poland have shown they can keep their cool and are willing to put in the effort to win this year. On the other hand you have UK. They're a bit of a wild bunch. Either Poland wins, and we'll see UK struggle the entire game. Or we get a very close game that I think UK will win. I'm not rooting for anyone though, I think both teams deserve it. If I had to pick a team to fight in finals, I'd like to fight UK. I think BeNe stands a better chance against them. Poland are just very solid.

*MnBComp:BeNe have had mixed Nations Cup results in the past but this year might be their best chance ever to take home the trophy. How realistic does that seem for you at this point and what would it mean to you and the team?*

LeRoux: Yes, this is without a doubt our best year so far. We put in a lot of effort and work. We had our struggles and our internal issues but now we're going strong. I think a shot at first place will be determined with our match vs Turkey. If we win that one, I feel very confident in BeNe winning NC2015.
It would be massive for the team, we've always had the talent but it never really showed. This year we've found a way to make it work and I think we're all very happy. For me personally it would be amazing. As a player I've won all sorts of tournaments but never did good in a Nation's Cup. To have a shot at 1st place is amazing. I can't stop saying it, I'm already very proud of my team.
They're all amazing guys. Anything we get from this point is amazing, but I can't imagine being more proud than I already am.
~***~​

Efe Karacar said:
Didn't know he was that ugly :lol:

Well maybe to you, but Rouxypoo is my tru wuv

tumblr_mvyuximBlj1sgewiko1_500.gif

Moving too fast?  :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom