Competitive Mount & Blade has made its way to Facebook!

Users who are viewing this thread

A lot of good conversations going on there, if you're interested in hearing the unique, intelligent, tasteful opinions and thoughts of your fellow top tier competitive warband players then give the page a like!

there wont be any competitve warband anymore if TW doesnt stop this little kid who is making it impossible to have trainings, or any tournament in the future

Firunien said:
there wont be any competitve warband anymore if TW doesnt stop this little kid who is making it impossible to have trainings, or any tournament in the future
I agree, I just heard the news. It's ridiculous and has to stop. TW has to do something.

Efe Karacar said:
Novac the wise had spoken. :3

I still think this facebook group of yours should be kept private for competitive players who are already in the scene for years. Noone uses facebook to learn something.

That's not a good idea in my opinion, because if you want to keep private competitive scene, then we already have steam, if Lust made that page I'm pretty sure it's to get people entertained by competitive Warband and bring them in.

By the way, as I said earlier, apparently Mount & Blade put on their official page M's last video, wich has been seen many times for a community like the one we have in less than 2 hours, and it seems that many people are interrested and didn't know about competitive competitions by looking at the comments ( apart from the " BANNERLORD, WE WANT BANNERLORD, comments ), so as I said and as I keep saying, make it happen, it's going to work :

1421353262-sans-titre.jpg

I don't even know why we didn't think about it earlier.

We will see anyway, only time will tell if it's a good idea :wink:

The description of the above screenshot. Weren't the finals, and the tourney in general, fairly one sided? Made me giggle is all.

Oh, WNL4.

The finals were one-sided. Wouldn't say the tournament as a whole was.
There was a fierce fight between AE and HeroesInq. SoE also put up a good fight.

ClockWise said:
The description of the above screenshot. Weren't the finals, and the tourney in general, fairly one sided? Made me giggle is all.

There obviously been the favourits AE, but last WNL we also had several KURWA Players in IR, a very strong SoE, coalition of strongest russian clans in H&I, the new Castellan formed out of a lot old Wolfpack players, Aquilla Calradiae- a strong german clan, etc. etc. It had a lot of very intersting matches (and Imo the most tourn-arounds). Not to forget the utter ****load of streams we had. It was a good WNL

The FB page has a nice roundup of the groups for the Nations Cup
https://www.facebook.com/MnBcomp/posts/1405288689768580

MnBComp said:
Hello Warband fans!

Today we have a long post on all the different groups in ‪#‎NC2015‬!
We'll go through the groups one by one, write who we think will continue through the groupstage. We hope you enjoy!

Group A: Georgia, Spain, United States of America, Germany, Sweden & Denmark.

Favourites for this group: Germany.
It would be surprising if Scar's team came anything but first.
For second place we are expecting a tense battle between John's USA and Oliveran's SweDen.
We feel if Georgia and Spain are going to make it out of this group, they will have to aim to beat each other and the USA and SweDen. It is not impossible, it would be quite an upset!

Group B:
Norway, The Balkans, Ukraine, Poland, Turkey.

Favourites for this group: Turkey.
Napoleon's Turkey has been a threat every single Nation's Cup so far. They are a team to fear, being host to amazing Warband talent such as Tirtil and Menethil. However this group may be very hard! Ukraine and Poland also have proven to be very skilled teams in previous NCs. Upsets might happen, but we expect Turkey to be 1st this group.
The Norway team, this year commanded by Anders is an unknown factor. Anders is without a doubt a skilled player, but will he and his team be ready to face the likes of TR, UA or PL?
And what to think of The Balkans? They have some strong individual players, it's not a team to be underestimated!

Group C: Israel, Italy, Belgium & The Netherlands, Finland, Russia.

Favourites for this group: Russia.
Grifon's Russia might have the 2014 Nation's Cup, were it not for an unexpected dramatic ending. However they are back, and in fine form. We expect them to take this group.
Although out of all groups this one might be the hardest to predict, we also find SotaMursu's Finland (or Winland as he calls it) which is a team that seems to never put in much effort, play close against arguably worse teams, but seem to flourish against the better teams. Maybe Finland will surprise again this year.
Next in the group we find Team BeNe. Lead by LeRoux. BeNe has always been a mediocre team. They have good players but seem to lack a solid foundation of tactics and teamplay. However we see potential if they can sort those issues out.
Italy historically fielded very strong players with the likes of Crusader, Harlequin and Lord_Willy. For a while the Italian scene seemed quite empty, but recently we've seen an increase of skill in the Italian players, this team could very well surprise us.
Newcomer Israel is an unknown factor. We don't really know much about the team, but we wish them the best of luck!

Group D: Brazil, Austria & Switzerland, France, Czech Republic, United Kingdom.

Favourites for this group: United Kingdom.
Our Glorious Leader said he's looking for a for a small, well put together roster. This year that includes old Warband players such as AZAN, BlackTide and Corey, but also new upcoming talent including Shingen, Slade and Viktor. If UK play the way we are expecting them to play, they should by all accounts be first place in this group.
The second place is up for grabs for really anyone. The Czech Republic has always proven to be a strong team. They were however covered in controversy regarding their thread on the forums. Now missing Relax and Jony D, we will have to see how strong this team can be.
Another contestant for second place is France. Now being lead by Peter, Paulo and Tobi, this team can do things. A bit of uncertainty surrounds the team at the moment, but it's sure we'll know more once we see their first results!
This leaves Austria & Switserland and Brazil. We don't expect these teams to make it out of the group stage, however we are eager to be proven wrong!

More information on the draws and the Nation's Cup 2015 can be found here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,385.0.html

Feel free to share your opinions on this matter, do you agree with our preview, or do you think we've missed something? Let us know!

Last week we had the awesomeness of Scar revealed on teh FB page (click the pic to see the interview)

Take a read of this short interview with Nations Cup 2015, Team Germany captain "Scar"

*MnBComp: What were the challenges of creating a team from the large German community?*

Scar: It's all about picking the right players for the team. We had to make sure all our players fulfil certain criteria in terms of skill, reliability and personality. I do think that Vivar and myself have a quite good impression of the German community which definitely helped a lot sorting the team out. The decisions we had to make between players were all really close, since the majority of the applicants really played on nearly the same level, it took us nearly a week to make a decision between three Infantries for instance.

*MnBComp: Why do you think Germany vs USA match was so close?*

Scar: I think the home-away-system always tends to make matches really close. Having to play with a big ping disadvantage for 50% of the match is not easy to overcome, and usually the home team just wins their set 4-0 because some players are obviously not able to play at their best with such a high ping. I've played against the USA in 2013 already, the year that German won the Nations Cup for the first time, and I think the score was 10-6, so quite close as well.

*MnBComp: Can you tell us about the most interesting play that went down during the match?*

Scar: The third set overall was really special I'd say. We had to play on the American server, and we still managed to win 3-1, which then really turned the game around - we were losing 3-5 after the second set since we played quite sloppy on Reveran Village for the most part. I think everyone in the team stepped their game up, especially our Infantry - playing solid in a 1v1 with a massive ping disadvantage is definitely not an easy task. Neathar also had an awesome round on Verloren, he headshot both of their cavalry before the fight even began.

*MnBComp: What are the remaining challenges for you in the group stage?*

Scar: Hard to say at the moment since we haven't played any of them in scrims, so we can't really tell how strong they all are. Sweden and Denmark won last year together with Norway - I know some key players like Shemaforash and Anders are missing, but their roster doesn't look that different after all. I think Shemaforash was commanding last year though, so it depends if Oliveran can make up for him as captain. Spain and Georgia also have good players I guess, but I'm quite confident we will be able to take them.

*MnBComp: Which team do you expect to do well in the tournament and why?*

Scar: Turkey look strong as always, their core team is SoE bascially who did really well in the last WNL against top tier teams. Napoleon has also shown he is an excellent commander, so I expect them to do really well. Next to them Russia and the United Kingdom have strong rosters on paper, but from what I know they are both struggling a bit at the minute, so it depends if they can overcome their issues. I think BeNe have also massively stepped up their game since last year, LeRoux seems to be very motivated as well as his team.
~***~​

More info on the Nations Cup here  Scar on Twitter  MnBComp on Twitter

[anchor=PauloNC15]This week we have Determination Paulo[/anchor]

As the Nations Cup rages on, this week we've prepared another interview with Team France and Legend Captain "One Goal" Paulo!

*MnBComp: The France flag is pretty awesome where did that come from?*

Paulo: Louve/Tomy/DatFrog made our banner. He is a french guy who make awesome banners, he made the Legend banner too and has made a lot of the banners for the NC.

NOTE (from DatFrog): "Glad you like it. The idea was to use the rooster, which is a typical symbol in french competitive teams and to emphasize the fact that this animal is associated with pride and arrogance. And I think it fitted very well with the idea of competition. I was also quite inspired by American hockey teams imagery and symbolism. I love how they humanize all sort of animals that become iconic. They become expressions of appartenance and pride."

*MnBComp: Why do you think the match against Czech Republic was so one sided?*

Paulo: We trained hard during January with FRA, we already had the individual skill, we just needed the teamplay, we have only one goal, win this Nation cup, it is maybe the last Nation cup before Bannerlord and we want to show at the Warband community what France can do !

*MnBComp: What are the challenges in getting such talented individual players to work as a team?*

Paulo: We always had really good French players since the begin of Warband, the problem is there some rivalry etc between French players (French guys hate to lose haha). but this year all the problems were solved and together we go for victory.

*MnBComp: Tell us about the role Peter and Tobi take in matches.*

Paulo: I lead the team during matches but Peter and Tobi also have a lot of input into our strategy for each match.

*MnBComp: How far do you think France can go in the tournament and what will be the biggest challenges you face?*

Paulo: Like I said we aim for First place, I think we can go to the Semi-Final. Of our group the UK is the only team that I see presenting us with a challenge. In the KnockOut stage Germany and Turkey are the teams to fear, they have great players but we can beat them. USA is dangerous too because of the servers used and ping issues.
~***~​

Did you enjoy the interview? What else would you like to see on the page? Do you have any idea what appartenance means? (nor do we!)

More info on the Nations Cup here  MnBComp on Twitter

Who will be next?

Back
Top Bottom