companions roles and skills

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to know what role for companions actually do on parties ?

In addition, I woudl like a know what's th utility of companion with no-combat high skill note related to roles. For exemple, what the point having a companion with high smithing or leadership ?

Assign a companion with high scouting skill as your party scout. You can see further on the campaign map. Assign a companion with high medical skill as your surgeon and you'll have better healing. Etc. They are absolutely essential unless you want to waste decades learning every skill.

As for non combat skills... they're helpful for governing, leading parties or caravans etc etc. With companions with high smithing, they can do some of that work for you, and you can leverage their skills to ease your work load/stamina etc.

You can, and do, level up faster if you decide not to fill those slots. But you can, and will, lose effectiveness in your party trying to level up everything.

Sending companions out on mission will require them to have a myriad of different skills. From what I’ve seen, each skill is covered somewhere as a requirement to having a suitable companion to do the job. And you can start another party with companions who will then need things like leadership, tactics, or trade or what have you.

Smithing is another area where a companion can actually be the one that does all those tasks versus your main character. If you invest in stats other then endurance, this may be a good option.

Back
Top Bottom