SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Companion Skills not increasing (Tactics, Roguery, Charm, Leadership & Trade) Why do they have those skills if they aren't used?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I've sent out Companions into their own parties and I've checked their Character screen. I was expecting for their tactics skill to have increased or at least the XP bar for tactics on the character screen. I checked the bar and it's still at 0 out however much it takes to level up to 1. (I believe it's like 40-50XP) It's been about a year in game since I've sent him out and still I haven't seen this skill increase at all. Alongside a few others such as roguery, if they are fighting battles and capturing prisoners they should increase their roguery skill. Same thought about the other skills like tactics if they are "Commanding" battles since they control their own party they should increase their skill in tactics however never improves only steward skill goes up because they have men following them I guess. But I feel like when you send companions out into their own party it should feel like they are "another" player running around doing stuff like the other lords so all of their skills should in theory continue to increase and upgrade like the companions that are following you in your party right? Like the Leadership skill why do they have it if they can never assemble their own army? or other skills like charm it just sits there for them. (NPC companions) the player I get it they talk to other lords, but should your companions do the same when they are travelling the world by themselves? What about trade? are they not buying food to feed their party also?

I know it's an EA game. I just hope that they are hoping to make this a feature because if feels like "necessary" to have the companions in game all the rules that apply to the player should apply to them also right? So if there is a skill that applies to the player then the same skill should also apply to the companion/NPCs because if they don't why does that same skill show up in the companions character screen? just take it out or grey it out because that's another skill that they can't use to level up. If they can only level up using the combat related skills and scouting/medicine/engineering skills then they are very limited compared to the player and their leveling method should be different or at least take into account their fewer skill points that are possible.

IDK I hope that this made sense. Please raise awareness so that TW can look into it and maybe we will get this issue rebalanced/ fixed

Also kinda not related but why do all the soldiers in the troop trees portraits look like they are 60 years old with grey hair and beards? Like I get that veteran soldiers would've been a little older but not that old.

The leadership skill on companions does level up it just takes very long. The whole skill system needs to be worked on and will probably be tweaked by the devs constantly. The devs probably had long dynasty style clans in mind when they made the system so that your character or companion can't be good at everything in a single generation. The focus points are an example of this and so are clan positions. Also clan position seem to hinder your own character's progression in those areas. For now my companions are just troop recruiters that bring arrow fodder to sieges so that my elite forces don't take too much damage.

The leadership skill on companions does level up it just takes very long. The whole skill system needs to be worked on and will probably be tweaked by the devs constantly. The devs probably had long dynasty style clans in mind when they made the system so that your character or companion can't be good at everything in a single generation. The focus points are an example of this and so are clan positions. Also clan position seem to hinder your own character's progression in those areas. For now my companions are just troop recruiters that bring arrow fodder to sieges so that my elite forces don't take too much damage.

I guess you could look at it like that. But in my mind. Companions age too so they will die also. So new generations should have new companions. In my game I haven't seen any of the skills listed above increase at all. And there are missions that require companions to have certain level in tactics along with other skills and that's why I look at those to see if their xp in those skills are increasing but so far I really haven't seen any change.

Now that I think about it was my characters children's leadership that was increasing and my companion's party increases were due to clan tier.

Now that I think about it was my characters children's leadership that was increasing and my companion's party increases were due to clan tier.

Yeah. I noticed that Once I joined a faction and there was a war for my companion parties to fight in. I actually watched their party get massacred like 64 v 590 And lost and was captured the XP in tactics went up to 13 / 30 XP still level 0 in tactics but it did increase. But I mean if they are fighting Looters which they should be. Their XP should've increased. So it's either they aint fighting looters or the looters isn't giving them XP in tactics but it should because it does for me. I'm not sure anymore still other skills like leadership, roguery, trade I've not seen any increase. Maybe they just need to review what actions the NPCs do that should give them XP IDK

Back
Top Bottom