Common experience - Sturgia

Users who are viewing this thread

I know, there was a thread which was saying why Sturgia su**s by its geographical position etc., but damn it's damn funny that a nation is starting to vanish in less than a year XD
5CE6BA6C1AA492FAB998929C7C6A4C1153569F6F

This is what happens when a faction face the most OP kingdoms in the game. Khuzait needs a considerable nerf in campaign, it is insane how strong they are.

I had two playthroughs where Sturgia still had their original lands and more after 300+ days.The reason was that on both saves, Sturgia was not at war with the Khuzaits. I think this issue would be fixed if losing kingdoms actually agreed to make peace and pay tributes when they're already at war with two or more kingdoms. Also, a lasting meaningful peace agreement would probably help as well. I'm waiting for this to be fixed before I start playing again.

I mean just look at this, the Aserai actually took Omor! that's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
People who take map screenshots while flipped 180 degrees should be exiled.

Also, this never stops being relevant and hilarious:

I have to say that the northern empire is a faction that almost vanishes in a few years. Not only the sturgians are doomed. The main problem is that wars between Aserai-Khuzaits Vlandia-Battanians don't happen too often and these kingdoms usually dogpile on the weak. Another important one is the AI doesn't understand that when you are outnumbered you have to defend what you have instead of losing it. A random tier 4/5 clan creates an army only to be destroyed by a larger AI enemy army and this is the moment when the weakened faction remains at war with almost everyone for the rest of the game.

I think in the end what causes these factions (Sturgia, northern empire and western) their collapse is that they have an aggressive behaviour when they should be defensive. The devs have to modify the AI to make it understand that when you share borders with multiple factions you have to be very careful about declaring wars, and when outnumbered or at war with multiple factions be defensive.

Khuzaits are simply too strong. I am using dev console to force peace/war declarations and Khuzaits are literally holding without problems against Sturgia, NE, SE, Aserai, and my clan (I am not capturing lords after battles though, because I am getting up charisma). Funniest part is that they have been even able to get Myzea xD.

Khuzaits are simply too strong. I am using dev console to force peace/war declarations and Khuzaits are literally holding without problems against Sturgia, NE, SE, Aserai, and my clan (I am not capturing lords after battles though, because I am getting up charisma). Funniest part is that they have been even able to get Myzea xD.

Are their towns actually being besieged? Because I noticed that other factions are strangely reluctant to go after culturally Khuzait towns, with the exception of Ortongard at campaign start.

Are their towns actually being besieged? Because I noticed that other factions are strangely reluctant to go after culturally Khuzait towns, with the exception of Ortongard at campaign start.

Yes, this is the thing. While towns are eventually besieged, their villages are rarely raided. Probably because their party speed and autocalc bonus make khuzaits able to easily repeal enemies without problem. Khuzaits are currently at war against almost everyone in my current campaign, but they are still the strongest faction when checking power strenght. On the other hand, it is true that a lot of mercenaries are fighting for Khuzaits, but it is incredible how effective they are even when at war against everyone.

Maybe they are intentionally so strong. We know from history that there were unstoppable clans which conquered many kingdoms.

Maybe they are intentionally so strong. We know from history that there were unstoppable clans which conquered many kingdoms.

Not sure if it is the case but assuming that it is, it would be a good idea if they would become stronger in late game. Khuzaits wiping NE and Sturgia in early game is probably not intended.

Day 335.

Most of factions have 2-4K power strength. Vlandia is the second stronger faction.

Khuzaits are losing some territory slowly because I have force everyone to declare war to them. The things is that they are pretty strong and probably will be able to take back these fiefs if making peace with just one enemy.

Yes, this is the thing. While towns are eventually besieged, their villages are rarely raided. Probably because their party speed and autocalc bonus make khuzaits able to easily repeal enemies without problem. Khuzaits are currently at war against almost everyone in my current campaign, but they are still the strongest faction when checking power strenght. On the other hand, it is true that a lot of mercenaries are fighting for Khuzaits, but it is incredible how effective they are even when at war against everyone.
I suspect mercs has something to do with snowballing as well, I think they should serve as a balancing force. It works when they join a losing faction but it gets ugly when all of them joins the strongest one. In one of my playthroughs, I tried to execute all the mercs (Not working for a kingdom) but all that did was make me lose relationship with every soul in Calradia, it doesn't make much sense as they weren't friends with anyone if I remember correctly.

btw. I wasn't manipulating anything in relations between nations, it just happened to Sturgia that they had war with everyone, like a bullying a poor nords >.<

mhm. going strong so far. probably my best Sturgia PT as it now, not sure what would happen if Khuzaits and/or Aserai would go war on us.

I suspect mercs has something to do with snowballing as well, I think they should serve as a balancing force. It works when they join a losing faction but it gets ugly when all of them joins the strongest one.

They should only go to the strongest faction if that faction is weaker than its combined enemies.

In my current playthrough Sturgia was going strong until the first years of 12th century, taking 2 cities and some castles from Northern Empire and keeping their original fiefs except for Tyal. Then the Khuzaits happened. Took the eastern half of Sturgia with ease in 2 wars. I got the ex Imperial lands and Vlandia took the western half of Sturgia. Was kinda satisfying tbh, like the Polish Partition.

They should only go to the strongest faction if that faction is weaker than its combined enemies.
Yes of course, that makes sense. I'm not sure what factors play into who the mercs join, my guess is its random? have you had a look at the code for this?

Yes of course, that makes sense. I'm not sure what factors play into who the mercs join, my guess is its random? have you had a look at the code for this?

I haven't looked for myself. That's how the the dev said it worked and matches my experiences. I can look once I'm home but I suspect it will be beyond my level of understanding.

I know, there was a thread which was saying why Sturgia su**s by its geographical position etc., but damn it's damn funny that a nation is starting to vanish in less than a year XD

It always makes me laugh to see another "Sturgia bad" threat that as a prof shows map with Sturgia still having 80% of their towns while Northern Empire have 1.

There is sure snowballing problem in the game, but Sturgia is not it's most common victim by far.

It always makes me laugh to see another "Sturgia bad" threat that as a prof shows map with Sturgia still having 80% of their towns while Northern Empire have 1.

There is sure snowballing problem in the game, but Sturgia is not it's most common victim by far.
In most games I play, northern Empire performs much better than Sturgia. In that one I played today, I joined Sturgia as Merc when they were at war with Northern Empire. NE had some more enemies, but survived long enough. then they made peace... and instantly Battania, Vlandria and Khuzait declared war on poor Sturgia. Within a year, Sturgia had lost 3 castles and 2 towns, and numerous battles. And with the special design of the map, you can't build up a reasonable force of Sturgan troops once the enemies took Ov castle and Varcheg, and use those as bases for roaming troops. You can't evade those f.... enemies while collecting troops because of the silly map design... I had to cancel my merc contract to avoid getting broke.

And I still think the lowtier Sturgian troops are too weak, specially the "ranged". The Woodsmen are no match for imperial archers or Vlandryan levy x-bowmen, not to mention Khuzaits.

Back
Top Bottom