Combat on the Steppe (Mod vids)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarmatian nobles vs some Scythian bandit scum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD_6O5eUo28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR6MvHBkk3Y

Make sure to watch them in HD, cause damn..

HD disabled. nothing happens when I click it...

I think you are just disabled  :smile:
In all honesty, it worked for me.

E, a couple of questions:
1. Archery looks VERY powerful, is that how the game is or is that just an OP test character?
2. Horses charge; I thought I saw somewhere that you were lowering it from native (I could be mistaken).  Seemed like you had no problem smashing through damn near every enemy on a single charge.  Is that due to the test character or is that just how horses will be?

Thanks in advance!

HeavyMetalHero said:
1. Archery looks VERY powerful, is that how the game is or is that just an OP test character?
2. Horses charge; I thought I saw somewhere that you were lowering it from native (I could be mistaken).  Seemed like you had no problem smashing through damn near every enemy on a single charge.  Is that due to the test character or is that just how horses will be?
1. Combination of both, mainly the character. 2. The character.

Yeah Aticus has it right.

I use a OP char to showcase, though some of it is due to player skill, as you can see the talent on display in the second vid with the down range headshots at the end  :lol:

All bows have slightly increased stats vs native bows though.

Some of the cata's and half cata's have some decent pushing power if you manage to max riding, though you likely wont be able to push through thicker formations.

And even then a good heavy jav thrower can often take out a horse in one good shot, 2-3 for an armored horse if lucky. There's always the chance for a falx or other monster weapon to one shot your horse with a full speed bonus.

should be good times

That sounds both frustrating and hilariously fun at the same time.

ealabor said:

I use a OP char to showcase, though some of it is due to player skill, as you can see the talent on display in the second vid with the down range headshots at the end  :lol:

Some of the cata's and half cata's have some decent pushing power if you manage to max riding, though you likely wont be able to push through thicker formations.

And even then a good heavy jav thrower can often take out a horse in one good shot, 2-3 for an armored horse if lucky. There's always the chance for a falx or other monster weapon to one shot your horse with a full speed bonus.

should be good times
OP?? Operational??

russik112 said:
ealabor said:

should be good times
OP?? Operational??

Over Powered.

Nikephoros said:
So i guess javelins will have the same ICBM stats of the current version, right?

You referring to range, or damage with that, or both?

Pila are essentially the same as previous version, though a few are slightly toned down, and quantities for some brought into line.

So thats to say if you play on full damage settings, Soliferrum can take you out with 1 head shot  :wink:

lol @ soliferrum taking you out in one headshot, those things could probably take you out with a shot to your body, let alone your head... that's after making your shield look as if it were made of cardboard and pinning your arm to it semi-permanently, of course.  Crazy-ass Iberians with their metal javs...

And this is why that whole permanent death thing was a flop, guys  :mrgreen:

Hehe.

Yeah there's going to be several things that the standard native player will find frustrating. Though with time, people will learn to adjust and learn how to play the mod.

Back
Top Bottom