Claimants and dialogues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudro

Knight at Arms
I was wondering if anyone out there knew how to add more claimants to the game in accordance with the new factions.

And where to edit the dialogue that companions cause to come up when you go near a certain location.  How to move the location, and where to edit the talk.

Adding more claimants - just clone an existing claimant, change the troop faction, and go to module_strings.py, and add an extra claimant string right after each Rhodok one. (it goes in numerical order)

For example:
  ["kingdom_5_pretender",  "Lord Kastor of Veluca",  "Kingdom 5 Lord",  tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_5,[itm_saddle_horse,  itm_nobleman_outfit,            itm_leather_boots,              itm_splinted_leather_greaves,  itm_mail_hauberk,          itm_sword_medieval_c,        itm_tab_shield_heater_d,        itm_spiked_helmet],        lord_attrib,wp(220),knows_lord_1, 0x0000000bed1031051da9abc49ecce25e00000000001e98680000000000000000, rhodok_face_old_2],
  ["kingdom_6_pretender",  "Lord Blastor of Peluca",  "Kingdom 5 Lord",  tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_6,[itm_saddle_horse,  itm_nobleman_outfit,            itm_leather_boots,              itm_splinted_leather_greaves,  itm_mail_hauberk,          itm_sword_medieval_c,        itm_tab_shield_heater_d,        itm_spiked_helmet],        lord_attrib,wp(220),knows_lord_1, 0x0000000bed1031051da9abc49ecce25e00000000001e98680000000000000000, rhodok_face_old_2],

module_strings:

("rhodok_rebellion_pretender_intro",    "I am Lord Kastor, the rightful King of the Rhodoks, who will free them from tyranny."),
  ("kingdom_6_rebellion_pretender_intro",    "I am Lord Flastor, the rightful King of the Crowdoks, who will free them from communism."),
  ("kingdom_7_rebellion_pretender_intro",    "I am Lord Flastor, the rightful King of the Crowdoks, who will free them from communism."),

("rhodok_rebellion_monarch_response_1",  "No doubt Lord Kastor told you that I defiled the hallowed Rhodok custom by interfering with the patricians' election of a king. Well, let me tell you something. The patricians of the towns make longwinded speeches about our ancient liberties, but then choose as their king whichever noble last sat in their villa and sipped a fine wine and promised to overlook their unpaid taxes."),
  ("kingdom_6_rebellion_monarch_response_1",  "No doubt Lord Kastor told you that I defiled the hallowed Rhodok custom by interfering with the patricians' election of a king. Well, let me tell you something. The patricians of the towns make longwinded speeches about our ancient liberties, but then choose as their king whichever noble last sat in their villa and sipped a fine wine and promised to overlook their unpaid taxes."),
  ("kingdom_7_rebellion_monarch_response_1",  "No doubt Lord Kastor told you that I defiled the hallowed Rhodok custom by interfering with the patricians' election of a king. Well, let me tell you something. The patricians of the towns make longwinded speeches about our ancient liberties, but then choose as their king whichever noble last sat in their villa and sipped a fine wine and promised to overlook their unpaid taxes."),
... and so on, do that for each claimant related string, remembering to put it in correct order according to number.

As for the NPC home areas; look for a line like this:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc8", slot_troop_home, "p_sea_raider_spawn_point_2"), #Gundig's Point

You can edit the talk in module_strings.py

("npc8_home_intro", "Hmf. Do you hear that? It must be the crash of waves on the headland. We must be near Gundig's Point."),

Hope that helps.

Awesome info Fei... I needed just that for some editing. As for the original thread creator...

Dudro said:
C'mon, someone's got to know something!

You might give it more time for a reply. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom