City Garrison not leveling Troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vivenji

Recruit
Is it still possible to level troops through the city/castle garrison/dungeons? I've had several troop types in my City garrison for quite some time and none of the troops stashed in the garrison have ranked up.

I originally wanted to rank bandits into level-able soldiers but that didn't seem to work, for either cavalry units or ground troops. When that failed, I tried with basic Imperial recruits and those do not seem to be ranking up either.

Can anyone confirm if this feature is still working>?

I am also noticing that enemy prisoner troops aren't converting in the dungeons either. Am I doing something wrong or are both of the stated issues patched and no longer working?

I am currently Clan Rank 3, and own a City. I have not created a kingdom yet as Tier 4 is a prerequisite.

Please advise, any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know it doesn't work for the player in the base game sadly.

Buuutttt... There is a mod called Improved Garrisons which provides a lot of functionality in building, training and using garrisons. Definitely worth checking out, pretty sure it works for all versions and should be fine to add mid-game (I'd double check on the page though)

It is not working properly, or how it should. Some things here:

- They might be getting xp, but the upgrade option might only come when you move them to your party
- and/or it happens slowly, or might not be working fully, or two slow (most likely)*
* Because some people have observed upgrades when transferring from garrison to the party.
- If having a training field level 3, and basic recruits are not upgrading at all, even when you transfer to party, then it appears it is not working as it should at all

Ought to happen:

- The upgrades should be visible within the garrison
- Then, once that is working, check to see if the xp per day, is working adequately

How should it work is also the question:
- Are troops in party getting xp per day, simply from time? In Warband this was tactics based? Now is stewardship? (not sure)
- In this case, in my view of design, garrison daily xp should be 50% slower than Party gain xp, with training fields III
- Then training fields I, and II, are simply the same ratio difference as they are already.

My own party does not upgrade much at all just by time motion, and no battle experience.

If we could see the upgrades in the garrison window, this would be the beginning. Let me go to my other castle, and check. I have had some recruits their for aeons. Let me transfer them to my party, and see.

I have one upgradeable sturgeon woodsman after transferring all of them to my party, from my castle garrison.
-- This should signify that it is working, since I never give over upgraded troops to the garrison.

However, then I have transferred over 59 sturgeon recruits, and not one upgrade. And this is questionable then that tier one recruits are getting no training, or perhaps no troops at all, and that one woodsman was already in upgrade mode.

The garrison in my idea of how it should work, should be upgrading troops within, and showing those upgrades possible, when you visit the holding. I will now travel to Omor. And check there to see if garrison troops can upgrade, by transferring to my party, as I have a training field there. I also have tried many governors at times, with some xp addition to troops.

79 sturgeon recruits in Omor, Some have existed for about 2 years, since my children are born after I own Omor.

Transferred to my party, and no upgrades possible. This shows to me:

1/ the daily xp as should work, is not working as it should, by my tests
2/ The garrison should be showing these upgrades, and the player ought to be able to upgrade within the garrison when visiting ^

Therefore, this is definitely something Taleworlds needs to get working, and yes, it should be a simple thing, I would imagine, only one day of programming. However, I am not sure how they manage their resources there. Assumably, you would have an AI programmer, and another programmer to do the Time motion of economy/garrison training/fief incomes/quest generation other such things.

?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom