Choose a time period you would have wanted to live in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Quite frankly each and every one of us would be absolutely miserable at any point before the 20th century, as long as we are still aware of our current comforts.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Lascivo said:
Colonial era, showing natives who's boss.
Gotta love a fascist's sick fantasies.

By the way, your avatar is ****. And don't get me started on your sig.
yPTJQ.gif

Ambalon said:
Eh, being a wealthy man in ancient Rome probably wasn't THAT bad.

Quality of medical care? Quality of materials? Quality of education? Automation? Transportation? Light sources? Etc.

Mage246 said:
Ambalon said:
Eh, being a wealthy man in ancient Rome probably wasn't THAT bad.
Quality of medical care? Quality of materials? Quality of education? Automation? Transportation? Light sources? Etc.
Who needs automation when you got slaves? Anyway, I'm not arguing it was better than today. But if you have to pick anything before the 19th century...

Would someone of modern sensibilities really be happy using slaves? Plus, slaves can be lazy and incompetent. They'd have to be punished for failures. I certainly wouldn't feel happy doing that.

I wish that I was born a thousand years ago. I wish that I'd sail the darkened seas on a great big clipper ship, going from this land here to that in a sailor's suit and cap.

Mage246 said:
Would someone of modern sensibilities really be happy using slaves? Plus, slaves can be lazy and incompetent. They'd have to be punished for failures. I certainly wouldn't feel happy doing that.

The whole society around you reinforcing it could help you become accustomed.

Uhtred Dunkerch said:
I know I've got Austrian roots, Spanish roots and definitely some Viking roots (all have owned or attacked Flanders at one point in time)

My biggest pet peeve of all time, people who say they have family from such and such a place. Apparently nobody has heard of globalization where none of this means anything anymore other then to trace back family history.

Mage246 said:

You would have a slave to beat other slaves I would imagine.

Mage246 said:
Quite frankly each and every one of us would be absolutely miserable at any point before the 20th century, as long as we are still aware of our current comforts.

This is why I can't even think of another time period I rather be in, other then the future. Life seems pretty bleak in the last century given constant wars around the world and life wasn't easy for most.

I guess it would be cool to be around when jesus was alive (or if, rather) and get unlimited alcohol if I become one of his friends.

Id like to live in the transition era between the 20th and 21st century, namely because without the tech the cancer would have done me in.......

The seventees in USA. Germania in the Roman times to kick some evil Roman ass or the viking age for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom