CD Keys

Users who are viewing this thread

Trooper5445

Master Knight
Why can they never put the key in the mother****ing manual! Why do they (game distributors) feel the need to include it on a seperate, slim, sheet of paper?

All my games have CD Key's on the back on the manual...

Meh, when I have a game I really really don't want to lose a key for, I write it down on multiple index cards and put them all in different places.

Those separate, slim sheets of paper are (at least in VALVe's games) placed under some structures resembling hooks, behind the cover. The sheets aren't ging anywhere unless you take them from there, which you don't need to do in order to read the code.

No need to brag about it.

Worst setup was the Diablo Battle Chest thing, imo. **** if I can remember how many CDs the thing had, but they were all in these black sleeves that all looked the same. The CD keys were on two of them.

I've learned to record all of my CD keys.

Keys are annoying, but what's even more annoying is when the ****ing thing wants the disk in the drive in order to run. My desk wouldn't be half as messy if this were not the case.  :lol:

MrCrotch said:
In the shops near us the CD keys are always still inside the display cases.  :lol:
Meaning what exactly? (None of my stores have display cases for the PC games).

Rabid Potatoe said:
Keys are annoying, but what's even more annoying is when the ****ing thing wants the disk in the drive in order to run. My desk wouldn't be half as messy if this were not the case.  :lol:
Agreed. That's why I play Steam games, games that don't need the cd in the drive way more than games that do.

The game being referenced is Company of Heroes. I was already stupid enough to get the gold edition and I suppose this is how I pay....

I lost my CD keys for Half Life, both expansions, Counter Strike Classic, and Team Fortress Classic all at the same time once. Sucked.

Back
Top Bottom