Cavalrycharge

Users who are viewing this thread

Trashmaster

Recruit
I don't really know if this were implemented in a earlier verision and later removed, or in my imagination.

when preforming a cavalrycharge with your horse you were able to mow down many peolpe, now you'll run in to an wall when charging with the horse, this takes the fun out of the game :sad:

Please fix this in the next version. :eek:

Horses aren't the all-powerful beast they were in previous releases.  You now have to be more careful about proper horse selection depending on who you are fighting, and not go charging into a bunch of spearmen.  Chargers at full speed still do decent damage.  The current system is more realistic.  You can change some settings related to horses in the module.ini file

What are you talking about? Unless I hit another horse I can go though a large group of people going near full speed on my charger. If you expect to go though spearmen like that or use a less powerful horse I'm sad to say, it doesn't work like that. If you want you can always use cheats if you want to be godly.

macethump said:
Horses aren't the all-powerful beast they were in previous releases.  You now have to be more careful about proper horse selection depending on who you are fighting, and not go charging into a bunch of spearmen.  Chargers at full speed still do decent damage.  The current system is more realistic.  You can change some settings related to horses in the module.ini file

My thoughts exactly

Yeah, kind of, cuz when i hit the first dude, my horse stops, and all the swordsmen are starting to make hamburgers of my horse :sad:

Yeah, I've noticed these too. I'm not sure what causes them but I think they're pretty rare. I guess you got unlucky.

Trashmaster said:
Yeah, kind of, cuz when i hit the first dude, my horse stops, and all the swordsmen are starting to make hamburgers of my horse :sad:

What horse are you using? Try using a horse with a high Charge stat.

B), I think.

I think it's great that you can't just mow down hordes of the damn pesky Vaegir pissants peasants.

More realistic, that way.

A knight needs some challenge, you know.

Do you mean your horse stops when you run into infantry?  If so, either your horse is too 'light' and you need one with a stronger charge, or someone stabbed ath the horse's head/chest and made it rear up - spearmen are designed specifically to do this, and are to be avoided on horseback where possible.

Gallus Domesticus said:
Doe he mean when a horse hits another horse and suddenly stops? or is he just running into people with saddlehorse or something?

I think he may be, and I may be waaaay off :wink:, referring to completely stopping or the the slow down that occurs when you charge a group of footmen. Like Eldersilver said, if you use a horse with a higher charging skill, it is less noticeable, if at all.

I think he's talking about a physical obstruction that actually occurs sometimes on the battlefield. It's like an invisible pole, at they can pop up at the most inopportune time.

Then again, he could just be explaining this in a very vague manner. :wink:

use a horse with high charge points and when make sure that you have enough speed !  and the other thing check your horse if it is lame !

High Ride skill seems to make running people over on a light horse a lot easier, I have been finding that with Ride 10 I can plough over mobs of infantry on a courser - well, at least until somebody whacks it with an axe and it dies.

The invisible walls are still more than a minor pain when they crop up however.

Use the right tool horse for the job.  :lol:

Chasing down Steppe Bandits or Khergits? = Use a steppe horse, courser or spirited hunter
Fighting Archers or Infantry (Nords, Rhodok Spearman, Sea Raiders = Use heavy hunter or warhorse.
Village Raiders / Bandit Quest = warhorse or charger.

You can knock down people with any horse, but from what I've seen, only a warhorse and charger will allow you to bust through infantry lines. Which is as it should be.

He is talking about an invisible barrier which stops horses dead in thier tracks. It happend to me while bieng chased by about 40 swadian knights once  :shock:  I still beat the buggers though :grin:

Back
Top Bottom