Cattle Thief Missing

Users who are viewing this thread

LJFCAT

Recruit
Hello again, all.

So I am playing WFaS (obviously), and I am given the 'hunt thieves at midnight quest' by the one village I own, Vydzy. I show up at midnight, kill everyone in the area, and... nothing. I've completed this quest many times in other villages, maybe even this one long ago, but it's not completing this time. Perhaps there is one final thief, but I have looked all over the map and found no one. I fear he may be stuck under the map. That occurred once before, but his scythe was poking out and I managed to kill him (I think there were two) by slashing at the ground enough. Vydzy has a weird terrain, you start on the side of a somewhat steep hill, and I fear that may have caused this poor fellow's 'burial'. I have tried leaving, it just reset the stage, and I have looked everywhere. I also tried restarting the game. No luck.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance! :smile:

I used the search engine and while it produced a ton of results, none were actually about the topic at hand (most weren't Fire and Sword at all), so I thought I'd request help. If I missed a similar thread, I apologize. I am not an experienced forum user at all.

There is a cheat code which kills a random enemy on the battlefield. Search for warband cheat codes, maybe you find it more easily this way. Maybe it helps you.

Thanks for your reply. I ended up moving on like an hour or less after posting this, resigning myself to my (character's) fate.

I think I killed the thieves, used the edge of the map to leave (which, as mentioned, just reloaded the battle), killed the thieves again, left again, over and over until I was killed. Given my equipment and skills, I had to force myself to play sloppily so I'd die in a reasonable amount of time. Why was this better than just ignoring the quest until I went past it's completion dead line? I don't know, I just preferred it that way. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom