Caravan Limit

Users who are viewing this thread

Someone help me understand why you can only get 5 caravans max?

manekemaan said:
Anyone know why they gave a kingdom a maximum number of 5 caravans? I always find it strange to see total caravan activity decrease as my own kingdom conquers other kingdoms. Has anyone ever fixed this? I know in POP they have a caravan per town. But i mean for native of floris mod or something.
I do not know why since in the Native module, every faction has 5 caravans max due to having +3 towns and usually there is 6 (excluding player faction because you have to take their towns) meaning there is 30 caravans in the whole map.

This is big blunder because when you are trying to get the achievement for conquering Calradia. As this causes every town you conquered to get increasingly poor as result of lack of trading or caravans coming to visit the towns. I have no real way to supplement this problem as I have tried to give towns to my vassals, but that does not grant me more caravans and having all the villages around the town at max prosperity does not help enough.

Huh i have never noticed but i guess it is like that so it forces lords to protecy villages,hunt bandits and do guild quests to make town rich instead of just letting them do the work

eagle6122 said:
Huh i have never noticed but i guess it is like that so it forces lords to protecy villages,hunt bandits and do guild quests to make town rich instead of just letting them do the work
I am very sure my villages are very well protected because I have high quantity of patrols around each village with 150-240 troops of mid-tier troops or higher watching over my villages as well as my vassals nearby. My patrols usually kill off all the bandits and I have a lot of patrols around their hideouts especially. I pay for all them via my treasurer and my investments into land. The guild quests have very little influence from what I googled or checked on prosperity gaining from guild quests does not do anything. Although they do make the AI for the trading caravans go to those locations if bandits are less of an problem, but there is only limited amount of caravans to go to each town to maintain the prosperity. From all of this, I can try to supplement the problem by increasing the amount of caravans you get for having certain amount of towns because the max is 5 caravans for having 4 towns, 2 towns is 3 caravans and 1 town is 1 caravans. That is based on http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Caravans, which seems to be true because I have multiple saves me of having different amount of towns. BTW I am playing on Floris Expansion module that has investments and loans which makes it easier to manage my army without care, BUT even without the module additions, it can still be problematic it appears.

What does town prosperity have to do with being able to conquer Caladria?
I've never paid any attention to it but I have never played Floris either.

Floris? I have never tried it myself its too big sorry but im pretty sure there a lot diffrences between floris and naitve

Occam said:
What does town prosperity have to do with being able to conquer Caladria?
I've never paid any attention to it but I have never played Floris either.
I rather not have like little or no revenue from cities that has resources that is produced there unlike other towns that little to none. As well as lack of food that I use to feed my army because the time for my army to eat is every 6 in-game hour and towns are long to travel.

Ah it does indeed effect the taxes and stuff but there isn't much to do but esorting those caravans, do some quests , hunt bandit hideouts and try helping the surronding villages as it does effect the town propesity and try protrcting the city from sieges as its an effective weapon both for you and your enemied however i wouldn't recommend sitting around a city making it starve to death as the town wouldn't be much use if its barely down to the ground

Poor towns may annoy you but they don't have anything to do with whether you can conquer the whole map or not.
As long as you have a velvet enterprise in most of the towns you should have plenty of money.
Food, I buy most of that in villages.

Just keep one town near the middle of the map for yourself and maybe a castle where you are campaigning.
Give everything else away. That way is doesn't cost you to garrison it and it makes your lords stronger.

Occam said:
Poor towns may annoy you but they don't have anything to do with whether you can conquer the whole map or not.
As long as you have a velvet enterprise in most of the towns you should have plenty of money.
Food, I buy most of that in villages.

Just keep one town near the middle of the map for yourself and maybe a castle where you are campaigning.
Give everything else away. That way is doesn't cost you to garrison it and it makes your lords stronger.
Okay, but you not really giving what I really wanted because I made this topic mostly for Caravans.

eagle6122 said:
Ah it does indeed effect the taxes and stuff but there isn't much to do but esorting those caravans, do some quests , hunt bandit hideouts and try helping the surronding villages as it does effect the town propesity and try protrcting the city from sieges as its an effective weapon both for you and your enemied however i wouldn't recommend sitting around a city making it starve to death as the town wouldn't be much use if its barely down to the ground
Cities are completely protected by patrols and absence of bandits due to my patrols. Even when it is protected to this extent my prosperity goes down while I do guild constantly like an workaholic.

Mellicifious said:

What don't you understand?...You get 5 caravans max because they programmed it for you to have 5 caravans.
If you want more caravans you can mod it to have more, the mod system isn't very hard.

What I don't understand is why you want to have more caravans.

I understand that caravans increase town prosperity but I've never considered town prosperity to be important. You can completely ignore town prosperity and still conquer Caladria easily.

It's like town relations, you can do lots of quest for the guildmaster and get your relation with the town up but that doesn't do anything to help you conquer.

Town relations and prosperity add flavor to the game but they are necessary parts to pay attention to.

EDIT:
left the word "not" out of that last sentence. It should read:
Town relations and prosperity add flavor to the game but they are NOT necessary parts to pay attention to.

Occam said:
I understand that caravans increase town prosperity but I've never considered town prosperity to be important. You can completely ignore town prosperity and still conquer Caladria easily.

It's like town relations, you can do lots of quest for the guildmaster and get your relation with the town up but that doesn't do anything to help you conquer.

Town relations and prosperity add flavor to the game but they are necessary parts to pay attention to.

Prosperity helps with keeping the food stocks filled with food and pay of your garrison or army in general. Also, just help me out and not avoid my topic altogether by saying you can easily conquer Caladria easily or just learn how to use module system to edit it. I already went to try module system and it does not seem to be working, which I did look up on YouTube or websites to use it properly, but still cannot use it.

Mellicifious said:

manekemaan said:
Anyone know why they gave a kingdom a maximum number of 5 caravans? I always find it strange to see total caravan activity decrease as my own kingdom conquers other kingdoms. Has anyone ever fixed this? I know in POP they have a caravan per town. But i mean for native of floris mod or something.
I do not know why since in the Native module, every faction has 5 caravans max due to having +3 towns and usually there is 6 (excluding player faction because you have to take their towns) meaning there is 30 caravans in the whole map.

This is big blunder because when you are trying to get the achievement for conquering Calradia. As this causes every town you conquered to get increasingly poor as result of lack of trading or caravans coming to visit the towns. I have no real way to supplement this problem as I have tried to give towns to my vassals, but that does not grant me more caravans and having all the villages around the town at max prosperity does not help enough.

I am not avoiding your topic.

Caravans and how they relate to the ability to conquer Calarira [size=12pt]IS[/size] the topic of your original post.

If you want more caravans that's fine. You can't have them. Not unless you mod it.
If you want to conquer Caladria, stop worrying about the caravans, they are irrelevant to your ability to conquer.
Really.

I'll try to be more helpful but I really don't know what problem you are trying to solve.
From what you have said you seem to have your own kingdom started with vassals and several towns, so you must know most of what you need to do to beat the other kingdoms.

Since you are trying to get prosperity up, I assume you have money problems.
If you have velvet enterprises in most cities that will give you all the money you need unless you are at war with all or most of the other factions at once...if they all declared war on you not much you can do about that.

If you have enterprises set up and are only at war with one or two other factions you should not be having money problem unless you have way too many troops.
If you are keeping several towns and castles for yourself, don't. Give them away, they cost too much to garrison.

I am not familiar with Floris so I don't know how patrols work. You might be spending more for the troops on patrol than any benefit you will ever get from them.

In my own kingdom right now I have one city for myself garrisoned with ~400 mostly tier 2/3 troops. I have about 100 troops in my field army, mostly tier 5. And I have one castle with about 200 tier 2/3 troops that I plan to give away to the next high relation lord that joins me.
My weekly budget is under 7000 denars for wages.

I'm at war with the Vaegirs but they only have one town left, so only one of my enterprises is sequestered.
After paying for wages, I net over 8000 denars profit per week.

My capital is Uxkhal and it's prosperity is average...it took me a while to even find where to check that. I literally have never checked on any of my towns' prosperity before.

If that helps you, great.
If not, say what exactly is the problem you are trying to solve.

Occam said:
I'll try to be more helpful but I really don't know what problem you are trying to solve.
From what you have said you seem to have your own kingdom started with vassals and several towns, so you must know most of what you need to do to beat the other kingdoms.

Since you are trying to get prosperity up, I assume you have money problems.
If you have velvet enterprises in most cities that will give you all the money you need unless you are at war with all or most of the other factions at once...if they all declared war on you not much you can do about that.

If you have enterprises set up and are only at war with one or two other factions you should not be having money problem unless you have way too many troops.
If you are keeping several towns and castles for yourself, don't. Give them away, they cost too much to garrison.

I am not familiar with Floris so I don't know how patrols work. You might be spending more for the troops on patrol than any benefit you will ever get from them.

In my own kingdom right now I have one city for myself garrisoned with ~400 mostly tier 2/3 troops. I have about 100 troops in my field army, mostly tier 5. And I have one castle with about 200 tier 2/3 troops that I plan to give away to the next high relation lord that joins me.
My weekly budget is under 7000 denars for wages.

I'm at war with the Vaegirs but they only have one town left, so only one of my enterprises is sequestered.
After paying for wages, I net over 8000 denars profit per week.

My capital is Uxkhal and it's prosperity is average...it took me a while to even find where to check that. I literally have never checked on any of my towns' prosperity before.

If that helps you, great.
If not, say what exactly is the problem you are trying to solve.

Okay I will test it out, thanks. BTW Taleworld Aprils' Fools day has changed all our profiles pictures forcefully and names.

Back
Top Bottom