[Captain mode] Non cav classes shouldn't be able to mount on horses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Next to impossible to kill in the endgame? You know we have spears right?
Honestly, first of all, yes. Some players really are so skilled on a horse that it's next to impossible to kill them even with a spear. Secondly, I'm talking about time wasters, people who drag the match on until the very last second with no hope for victory. It's literally in the same post.

Well, this is not skirmish. It's captain mode. And only the captains can pick up weapons and cav, not the entire squad!! And there are also some disadvantages to leaving behind your squad of inf while going rambooing...I fail to se any balance breaking, with 1 inf at a time, can be able to ride a freakin horse, come on. It makes no fun at all and makes the game less tactical...
This.

Well, this is not skirmish. It's captain mode. And only the captains can pick up weapons and cav, not the entire squad!! And there are also some disadvantages to leaving behind your squad of inf while going rambooing...I fail to se any balance breaking, with 1 inf at a time, can be able to ride a freakin horse, come on. It makes no fun at all and makes the game less tactical...
So a heavily armored infantryman who grabs a glaive and starts to onehit people as a rambo on horseback is balanced? Also, is it balanced when a team has full shock infantry spam and the captains loot shields and horses and abuse the enemy archer AI while their units are charging? It isn't "tactics", it's cheesing the mechanics.

Honestly, first of all, yes. Some players really are so skilled on a horse that it's next to impossible to kill them even with a spear. Secondly, I'm talking about time wasters, people who drag the match on until the very last second with no hope for victory. It's literally in the same post.
Cavalry isn't "next to impossible to kill" with a spear is it? Of course that requires the spearman to be able to thrust with the spear, impossible.

^What Olaf said, not the first time they make changes to skirmish and end up breaking Captain, the best improvement from warband to Bannerlord was the fact that even if Inf... I'm able to ride a horse or pick a bow, like IRL Soldiers are able to multitask and leard all sorts of skills, imagine not being able to mount a horse because you are a archer, that was ridiculous, one of the things that many people thought it was dumb in Warband, and now we have this amazing features and everyone is crying about it.

Cavalry isn't "next to impossible to kill" with a spear is it? Of course that requires the spearman to be able to thrust with the spear, impossible.
I see you've never ran into a truly skilled cav player. I've seen people kill a full unit of spears with half a unit of cavalry. Even if the player is skilled, you can always go for the AI, and more often than not the AI is better at handling the cavalry player than the player.

^What Olaf said, not the first time they make changes to skirmish and end up breaking Captain, the best improvement from warband to Bannerlord was the fact that even if Inf... I'm able to ride a horse or pick a bow, like IRL Soldiers are able to multitask and leard all sorts of skills, imagine not being able to mount a horse because you are a archer, that was ridiculous, one of the things that many people thought it was dumb in Warband, and now we have this amazing features and everyone is crying about it.
It would be ok in skirmish or TDM or the battle mode that comes at some point. In captain it simply breaks the balance. If a shock infantry captain is able to pick up a shield and find a horse, he can just run to the enemy archers and then run circles around them. Oops, the archers can't simply shoot the shieldless shock infantry now. Same for shielded infantry. They can avoid getting shot by archers in shield wall. A shield infantry captain can just do the same while his unit runs in line formation up to the archers. If some feature breaks a whole class, it's just not a good feature is it?
And as I said, in modes where there's only players, it's balanced. You can't abuse a player like you can abuse AI. The players will still shoot at the enemy.

I see you've never ran into a truly skilled cav player. I've seen people kill a full unit of spears with half a unit of cavalry. Even if the player is skilled, you can always go for the AI, and more often than not the AI is better at handling the cavalry player than the player.
Yes rambo cav should be restricted harshly, but a spear formation in circle or square against a single rambo cav is pretty easily countered by you going at the rambo and poking him off the horse when he comes to lance your troops. The formation is much more narrow than a line and your troops have their shields up. It's actually hard for a rambo to hit them.
I would really like to see those players who are worse against cav than AI. Hitting with a spear against a cav is literally one of the easiest things to do in M&B. 99% of the cav rambos in captain can be dismounted even with a shortsword if they're coming straight at you.

Yes rambo cav should be restricted harshly, but a spear formation in circle or square against a single rambo cav is pretty easily countered by you going at the rambo and poking him off the horse when he comes to lance your troops. The formation is much more narrow than a line and your troops have their shields up. It's actually hard for a rambo to hit them.
I would really like to see those players who are worse against cav than AI. Hitting with a spear against a cav is literally one of the easiest things to do in M&B. 99% of the cav rambos in captain can be dismounted even with a shortsword if they're coming straight at you.
Units in circle or square are such easy pickings for me when I play cav. Thanks for making ramboing super easy for me.

Units in circle or square are such easy pickings for me when I play cav. Thanks for making ramboing super easy for me.
+1, you lose all credibility when you think that square or circle formation is superior to charging in line formation when trying to counter cavalry.

You know. Instead of breaking cap mode with super nerfing updates like you want, why not just try to counter the things you have a problem with, with tactics in game? I think most people that want to nerf cap mode to hell, are getting pissed every time players are getting too skillful at playing a class, and is simply just being own by them. It's no fun, I know. But you could try to change playstyle, find a team, use tactics. If you lose a game of chess, you want to nerf the game so only peasants are left too?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom