Cant wait for Sword of Damocles for Warband version.

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRighteousMan said:
Cerce Tentones said:
Oh, and on another unrelated note, is it just my computer, or can I not scroll down to post a rather long response on this forum?  I can't seem to scroll the type box, so if I have any misspells, please, forgive me, cause I can't see what I'm typing.
My scrolling works just fine.  Restart your browser?

I had the same problem with IE8. Click the "Compatibility View" button next to the address bar.

TheRighteousMan said:
Cerce Tentones said:
The developers (long may they live!) made SoD before the beta testers were even allowed to look at Warband, so the former would not have happened...  But the thought of TaleWorlds playing one of the public's mods and then incorporating it (albeit halfway, if that) is rather inspiring - reminds me of the guy that made a mod for Warcraft 3 and got highered by Blizard.
(Though I do worry about the realm somtimes...) it's possible that M&B modders could be hired.  TW is what, an 8 man team now?  Up from its whooping 2, the husband and wife team that created the original.  Most mods have larger teams than the actual game creators.  I'm not surprised Warband native appears to be using a lot of the ideas they saw in mods. 

nijis hired on from his work with Battle for Sicily, his fingerprints are all over the strategic features of M&B single player.

The original M&B native took years to stabilize. I think SoD would benifit from not rushing a migration to Warbands, as this would mean more work merging newer versions of the mod with newer versions of the SP native in Warbands.
This should only take a few months.

I think that there should not be so many problems, general engine is not so different in Warband than Mount and Blade.

RedDagger said:
The original M&B native took years to stabilize. I think SoD would benifit from not rushing a migration to Warbands, as this would mean more work merging newer versions of the mod with newer versions of the SP native in Warbands.
This should only take a few months.
I'll toast to that!

imho, I wouldn't be so downtrodden if it took the better part of a year to make the Warband version.  Just keep adding a few tidbits to the originial here and there (like the latest 4.55c) to keep the people happy - you don't even have to do that to keep me happy.  I mean, seriously, I still haven't done all the possible kingdoms in the original 4.0 release, let allone the latest version's kingdoms!  Be happy that these unpaid, yet awesome, workers came out with 1.0.  Please keep in mind that these people have a life (unlike me and many of you).

Trying to port SoD now wouldn't make much sense, as the newest Warband version has a nasty crash in battles.
We'll have to wait till Warband is stable.

The only great thing in warband is that forest battle don't lag like normal mount and blade, so in that regard the engine is hugely optimized. Also when having your own faction, you can make the other lords marshall and they will swarm castles and town.  :mrgreen: Just be ready for major counter attack now.

Bismarck said:
Trying to port SoD now wouldn't make much sense, as the newest Warband version has a nasty crash in battles.
We'll have to wait till Warband is stable.

How..... I haven't crash ever since the patch 1.105.... And i'm useing the battle sizer .... 500 troops no crash at all..

500 troops? :.(.. Wish my pc could handle 200 let alone 500. Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to this mod as probably my most anticipated so far. And I doubt the module deal modders need will even be released until the game is stabilized so that likely isn't an issue.

I mean I'm sure that there is plenty that could be tested and worked on now but I won't comment on that because the SoD managed to get it out the first time. I'm sure they know what they're doing if/when they release it a second time.

Back
Top Bottom