Cant wait for Sword of Damocles for Warband version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cant wait for Sword of Damocles for Warband version.
Warband feels empty compared to Sword of Damocles.
I was expecting much more from Warband.
Sword of Damocles made me a spoiled child.

I agree. While Warband offers some interesting enhancements to native, it's nothing compared to what Sword of Damoclas does to this game.
To be true, it isn't really important if SoD will be ported to Warband or not, the only thing that really matters for me is, that this great mod will be continued =D

I played Warband for 3 hours (with 5 times Laptop overheating and shutdown, but that's another story and will be a matter of the past in a few days, hopefully), and then went back to SoD. It is feels so more complete, challenging and interesting than Warband. Also, the way you can recruit your kingdom units (over baracks and practice ranges) is so damn more logical and interisting. If Warband would have some kind of this unit recuiting system, than it would be more interesting, but as it is now, it's an enhanced native with some little addons and improvemts. Nothing less, but not more either.

The only real cool feature is the multiplayer part.
This feature, however, rocks the house ^^

And you have some bugs that are REALLY annoying such as the one with the resolveing quest between two lords

and you can marry women , your companins are extremely usefull in a kingdom... and so on

Bugs don't stop warband from being superior to native in every way though and I'm really curious about the weight marriage will have in Sword of Damocles if it gets ported.

Warband=awesome
SoD=awesome
Warband+SoD=überawesome

Well, dunno, I never had any crashes, neither in native nor in SoD nor in Warbands.
Ok, the Battlesizer is only set to 200, none the less I did not encounter any crashes...

But yeah, I think for an continued SoD it is required to be ported to Warbands, especially when the team decides to continue their idea with retaking your invaded homeland (and thus requiring a new, bigger map, and higher requirements to the engine...)

The other features of Warband, well, nothing what has not been in a mod so far...
I'm not all to excited about this added stuff.
But as I mentioned before, the new multiplayer part =D

There are so many improvements in warband.  Among the improvements is the AI in the battles.  I enjoy the AI so much more in warband. 

Count me in the others that can't wait for SoD to port into WB.

I dont know about that anytime soon, but I can say that I just finished updating SOD.  I plan to send patch to Twan tonight.  Things included:

Redone Villanese
Some reworked Antarians
Some reworked Zerriks
Lods for every SOD model
Lods for some Native models missing them
Heros completely reworked (new gear, better levels, new dialog, but same names so interactions same)
I even updated the retirement screens a little so they no longer reference you serving a lord
Optimized textures (moved more items over to share textures so less to load in)

Battle crashes will be extremely rare (I only got one in large battle once when I hit control + shift + F4 cheat to kill everything at same time)

Hopefully Twan will review quickly and get it out to public.  I would stick on my server but I don't have bandwidth. 

Now that y'all mention it, Warband does have a lot of features that SoD would add plenty of flair to. The marriage and legitimacy dynamic would take on a whole new flavor if you had to do it along with all your other SoD concerns on a time limit with a legion breathing down your neck. Some choice modding to Warband's really groundbreaking features would make for a truly excellent experience indeed. :idea:

Interesting said:
Cyclohexane, your contributions to this mod were of the highest quality.

I cant wait to see your awesome units in Warband HDR graphics.
Translated meaning: I can't wait until you'll start working hard again on graphics for Warband. Give him a break  :wink:

bgfan said:
I must admit, I do still prefer SOD to the Warband Singleplayer campaign.
It was really amusing to me that so many SOD features are in the warband single player campaign, yet still not with as much depth.  I suppose porting would be easier now... or maybe even more features! :smile:
At any rate, TW needs to release the module system so sp modders can get to work.

TheRighteousMan said:
bgfan said:
It was really amusing to me that so many SOD features are in the warband single player campaign, yet still not with as much depth.  I suppose porting would be easier now... or maybe even more features! :smile:
At any rate, TW needs to release the module system so sp modders can get to work.

I wondered about this too.

2 thoughts occurred to me; either the developers of SoD were playing Warband SP beta and liked some of the ideas/wanted to incorporate them into SoD for the original M&B.

OR

Taleworlds played SoD and loved what had been done and followed suit.

^
I've actually never played Warband.  I intend to eventually but I've got lots of hobbies and getting a new video game is not on the list yet. 

robbyg said:
TheRighteousMan said:
bgfan said:

I wondered about this too.

2 thoughts occurred to me; either the developers of SoD were playing Warband SP beta and liked some of the ideas/wanted to incorporate them into SoD for the original M&B.

OR

Taleworlds played SoD and loved what had been done and followed suit.
  The developers (long may they live!) made SoD before the beta testers were even allowed to look at Warband, so the former would not have happened...  But the thought of TaleWorlds playing one of the public's mods and then incorporating it (albeit halfway, if that) is rather inspiring - reminds me of the guy that made a mod for Warcraft 3 and got highered by Blizard.

Oh, and on another unrelated note, is it just my computer, or can I not scroll down to post a rather long response on this forum?  I can't seem to scroll the type box, so if I have any misspells, please, forgive me, cause I can't see what I'm typing.

Cerce Tentones said:
The developers (long may they live!) made SoD before the beta testers were even allowed to look at Warband, so the former would not have happened...  But the thought of TaleWorlds playing one of the public's mods and then incorporating it (albeit halfway, if that) is rather inspiring - reminds me of the guy that made a mod for Warcraft 3 and got highered by Blizard.
(Though I do worry about the realm somtimes...) it's possible that M&B modders could be hired.  TW is what, an 8 man team now?  Up from its whooping 2, the husband and wife team that created the original.  Most mods have larger teams than the actual game creators.  I'm not surprised Warband native appears to be using a lot of the ideas they saw in mods. 

Cerce Tentones said:
Oh, and on another unrelated note, is it just my computer, or can I not scroll down to post a rather long response on this forum?  I can't seem to scroll the type box, so if I have any misspells, please, forgive me, cause I can't see what I'm typing.
My scrolling works just fine.  Restart your browser?

Back
Top Bottom