Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I also have this issue.

I'm playing on 1.55
I dont use mods.
I can see him in the "character skill menu" shortcut C.
When he is in the party, he dont show up like the other companions.(or as the other above states not selectable).

Have the same issue. After completing the brother rescue quest chain, I went to the nearest town he was staying at. Through town menu, selected him and chose, add hero to party. He appears in the character sheet screen (c) and party organization screen (p) but can't be accessed in the inventory screen, as the other companions can be. He simple doesn't appear there. When trying to form a party through the clan screen, it reads that he's busy with a quest. Uploaded the save file to the link above.

Last edited:
Having the same issue with a new game in 1.5.4 - with the added fun that every settlement (towns, castles and villages) I visit shows a quest ! marker, and my brother is hanging around in the Lord's Hall or somewhere around the village with said ! quest marker even though he's been in my party since the rescue quest. Everywhere. I. Go. :smile:

He doesn't actually offer a quest, but just says the bit about asking if I've made progress (Not yet is the reply), etc. It's basically the same as when you're directed to go pick him up in the nearest city after the rescue, but seems like the quest flags aren't clearing now after you do. He is in the party, fights (and can get wounded) in battles, is in the clan screen (and can be assigned a clan role) and shows up in the skills screen companion list, but isn't in the inventory queue of companions so his equipment can't be changed.

Hello, can you please send us a save file so we can further inspect the issue? You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.
Summary:

U
nmodded 1.5.4 Main Branch
Was about to start a new thread.
Started a new one today and noticed the "brother is busy with quest" issue. He doesn't show up in inventory screen, or able to be used in parties. Yet as of Friday or Thursday night I had no issues.

How to Reproduce:

Start new campaign. Finish the tutorial quest line, find your brother.

Uploading save for you to verify to the link you provided. Also, google drive link below just in case.
Vanilla Testing brother save

Last edited:
I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom