Unit of choice (Cav,Inf,Arty, Skirms) : Inf
Rough Amount of men Attending (IMPORTANT) : 15-25
Event (IMPORTANT) : Saturday Siege

Regiment Name: 13te Garde Grenadier
Unit of choice (Cav,Inf,Arty, Skirms) : Infantry
Rough Amount of men Attending (IMPORTANT) : 12-15
Event (IMPORTANT) : Saturday

Regiment Name: 14th West Yorkshire Regiment of Foot
Unit of choice (Cav,Inf,Arty, Skirms) : Infantry (Foot Guards)
Rough Amount of men Attending (IMPORTANT) : 12-18
Event (IMPORTANT) : Saturday Siege

The rounds with the actual forts were kind of fun, but please don't use that D-Day map ever again. Please.

Will post the video of our French attacks and defence when it is all uploaded. Looking forward to the future line battle on tuesday too.

EDIT: Don't appreciate the sass Spartan, really. Yeah we left but the map was boring and the event was stretching on a bit :/.

SeanBeansShako said:
The rounds with the actual forts were kind of fun, but please don't use that D-Day map ever again. Please.

Will post the video of our French attacks and defence when it is all uploaded. Looking forward to the future line battle on tuesday too.

EDIT: Don't appreciate the sass Spartan, really. Yeah we left but the map was boring and the event was stretching on a bit :/.
Post the link of the video here please and well there was half the regiments who did like the map and half who didnt so  :neutral:

I too was disappointed with how that played out.

The 'D-Day' map was the first map used, and was abandoned within 2 minutes because, quite rightly, it was terrible. The attackers lost their powder charges as soon as they jumped into the water. It was like shooting rats in a barrel for the defenders. It was a real uphill struggle to convince the admins to even change it, I recall several admin messages saying 'It's only a bit of fun'. No, it's fun for the defenders. Not the attackers.

So after that, we managed to get in a good two rounds with French attacking for 2 rounds, British for one. Slight map change on the last round, but it still remained balanced. Then, for some reason I can't fathom, the admins decided to change it back to the D-Day map despite the fact that it was 2-1 to the French, so the British could still force a draw.

The Admins polled the server, asking 'Would people like to play the D-Day map next?' (Paraphrased). 90% of the server responses were a solid No. Map change anyway! Surprise surprise, British are now the defenders, LOLing hard as we once again have to attack on that ****ty map. A real ****ing shame that the night had to end that way. Everyone was enjoying themselves playing on the previous two (balanced) fort maps. I quit early, too disappointed.

Alex_Augmented said:

The 'D-Day' map was the first map used, and was abandoned within 2 minutes because, quite rightly, it was terrible. The attackers lost their powder charges as soon as they jumped into the water. It was like shooting rats in a barrel for the defenders. It was a real uphill struggle to convince the admins to even change it, I recall several admin messages saying 'It's only a bit of fun'. No, it's fun for the defenders. Not the attackers.

So after that, we managed to get in a good two rounds with French attacking for 2 rounds, British for one. Slight map change on the last round, but it still remained balanced. Then, for some reason I can't fathom, the admins decided to change it back to the D-Day map despite the fact that it was 2-1 to the French, so the British could still force a draw.

The Admins polled the server, asking 'Would people like to play the D-Day map next?' (Paraphrased). 90% of the server responses were a solid No. Map change anyway! Surprise surprise, British are now the defenders, LOLing hard as we once again have to attack on that ****ty map. A real ******** shame that the night had to end that way. Everyone was enjoying themselves playing on the previous two (balanced) fort maps. I quit early, too disappointed.
Nice ragequit and 90% solid no? LOL, my eyes were fixed on the chat and it was being spammed with yes whilst I only now and then saw no appear. My respect goes to the 90th Perthshire and 5th Brigade  :wink:

Spartan (2nd Coldstream) said:
Alex_Augmented said:

The Admins polled the server, asking 'Would people like to play the D-Day map next?' (Paraphrased). 90% of the server responses were a solid No. Map change anyway! Surprise surprise, British are now the defenders, LOLing hard as we once again have to attack on that ****ty map. A real ******** shame that the night had to end that way. Everyone was enjoying themselves playing on the previous two (balanced) fort maps. I quit early, too disappointed.
Nice ragequit and 90% solid no? LOL, my eyes were fixed on the chat and it was being spammed with yes whilst I only now and then saw no appear. My respect goes to the 90th Perthshire and 5th Brigade  :wink:
Yes, 90% of the responses were a no. If we move on from that, however, two points:

Why would you swap the teams so France don't get a second round at defending? If this is supposed to be an organised night, then there needs to be structure in place so the night proceeds fairly.

Second, followup to the first: Why change the map at all? I've attended a fair few events where the admins carried the night out in an organised manner. Both sides play until a winner is reached, and then there's a fun round at the end. In this case, however, the 'rules' were: 2 rounds attacking, 2 rounds defending. That didn't happen, which smacks of ****ty leadership. The other map could have waited until the end of the 4 rounds.

The IR59 had a great LineBattle.
It was really awesome that the admin team could handle so much players.
Blame crusader :grin: (But I can´t complain he told us...)

Anyway. It was a really nice alternation.
I think the Saturday LineBattle couldn´t have been better.

I am very sorry we left a little bit ealier but to be honest... The D-Day Map was really good if you didn´t mind the miserable spawn for the attacking team.
But it was still a challenge.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Good LineBattle, perfect Management, nice Atmosphere.
74318EB7FCFE9514FF6F400790C9E6486C2C3C08

107CDD6E5E0E9739BBD6425ED312F41F0CEA91CD

I can´t believe we lost this one...
88468E7A26C63027983F879284C5C43583EF2EEF

4F33009E086C18757428DF0EDB022A59859B53E6

shame we didnt get a slot  :sad: other linebattle we had to do because we didnt get a slot was crap, abit mad that we signed up first and didnt get a slot but others who signed up late did get one  :sad: anyway good luck with your linebattles in the future  :grin:

Feldmarschall_Ben said:
The IR59 had a great LineBattle.
It was really awesome that the admin team could handle so much players.
Blame crusader :grin: (But I can´t complain he told us...)

Anyway. It was a really nice alternation.
I think the Saturday LineBattle couldn´t have been better.

I am very sorry we left a little bit ealier but to be honest... The D-Day Map was really good if you didn´t mind the miserable spawn for the attacking team.
But it was still a challenge.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Good LineBattle, perfect Management, nice Atmosphere.
74318EB7FCFE9514FF6F400790C9E6486C2C3C08

107CDD6E5E0E9739BBD6425ED312F41F0CEA91CD

I can´t believe we lost this one...
88468E7A26C63027983F879284C5C43583EF2EEF

4F33009E086C18757428DF0EDB022A59859B53E6
Well yeah I didn't desing the map but I think it was meant that the attackers lose their bullets and btw those uniforms on the screenshots are awesome, what unit do they replace ?  :shock:

rdhardy said:
shame we didnt get a slot  :sad: other linebattle we had to do cause we didnt get a slot was crap, abit mad that we signed up first and didnt get a slot but others who signed up late did get one  :sad: anyway good luck with your linebattles in the future  :grin:
Hardy, I'm really sorry, I didn't really keep an eye out for who signed up on taleworlds, next I am to be admin, you guys will have priority! Sorry 't was my bad  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom