Can you couch lance with staff, in Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

In original Mount and Blade, I really liked using the staff (including iron staff) with couched lance mode.  This allows me to knock out enemies and take them prisoner, which is my main method of income, to sell them to ransom brokers.

I am playing Warband again, and I am unable to couch lance with a staff.  Is it because the rules have changed?  I have read somewhere that in Warband, the only weapon that can couch lance are those weapons with the word "lance" in their name.

I have read somewhere that in Warband, the only weapon that can couch lance are those weapons with the word "lance" in their name.
Item names are purely cosmetic. They're just names. Lances are polearms with couchable flags. You can couch anything you want. Swords, helmets, horses, even shaolin monks :lol:
Requirements are:
  • Item type must be polearm.
  • Couchable flag must be set.
  • Item should have a proper couchable model. Otherwise it looks weird in game.
  • Item should have weapon stats defined. Weapon speed, weapon length, attack speed, damage etc.

Just open the native module in Morgh's Editor, find the iron staff, check the couchable flag and it's done.

Back
Top Bottom