Can we please get more information? Please?

Users who are viewing this thread

14874310.jpg
Haha, always quality photoshop with an awesome reference.

I left the forums for about a month or so, because I felt like there was just too much negativity in here. I got exited by the 7th development update and the terrain feature over 2 weeks ago - finally some information, yay! Today, I got back to the forums and... the negativity just hit me like a truck.

TaleWorlds, for f*cks sake, why do you not communicate with people?!
The lack of communication isn't that bad, really. The problem is what's being communicated and how.

Part of the problem when you communicate too much is that you'll inevitably give players a lot of wrong impressions. Things are always changing in development. All the Developers may want to do something, but may unfortunately discover it's not technically feasible or it will take too much time/manpower to really justify it's inclusion. Just how it goes in the software world.

I would say the amount of communication is reasonable or on par with most game studios. I've literally never seen a developer engage with their player base to the extent someone like Mexxico does (very commendable). Usually most devs only communicate with a select few players, who are more often then Beta Testers where things are kept relatively "hush".

What I take issue with is the sheer lack of progress on many long outstanding issues and lack of a broad project roadmap. i.e. when would they like EA to end, when is Smithing going to get overhauled, when will there be voice lines, etc. That's what really needs to, and should be communicated to us. I guess I don't enjoy not knowing what's being worked on til the latest development update or trying to sift through the forum here for whatever small little nuggets we get.

Think a lot of people (myself included) feel like we're being jerked around as TW just sort of does as they please. This EA would be far more productive if players knew what was being worked on and when (and we'd be happier too). Obviously things can and will change, but let's at least have some kind of plan. Very few people have the time or inclination to constantly create new characters just to test something that's been recently implemented. IDK maybe we're all suppose to use cheats, but then this doesn't inform anyone about actual progression issues either.

In the end I have very little confidence in TW to get this game in "good" condition for when it is actually released. I suspect even the most ardent supporters will find themselves disappointed when it does inevitably go "gold" this Fall/Winter - that or this game is going to be in EA for years. Yes people (again myself included) are overly negative, but you'll also see this a lot: "Hey I'm just checking back in to see if _ and _ have been fixed yet?"

To which the answer is most often "Nope!" - so there ya go.

Back
Top Bottom