Can I change the initial stats and equipment of the CHKO?

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to see and test out what's the best approach and equipment for my CHKO and to do that, I want to avoid the long process of the wait time in training and arming my CHKO just for testing purposes. I'm quite new with the editor since I don't really use it.  :grin:

kenji1104 said:
I want to see and test out what's the best approach and equipment for my CHKO and to do that, I want to avoid the long process of the wait time in training and arming my CHKO just for testing purposes. I'm quite new with the editor since I don't really use it.  :grin:

Without the source, this will be extremely difficult.
There is a possible approach, which may not work depending if MV modified something I have not seen/discovered (highly likely).
Looking at the code, you will want to modify troop "player_knight_save" and "player_sergeant_save" in the editor and give them the items you want them to have.

Note: There is an anti-cheat measure that has modified the item properties so that we cannot change the value of items to speed up the time to fruition.  Based upon the nature of this code, I would suspect that the above modification to the base troop type will meet with failure.

Wait. why is there an anti-cheat mechanism in a single player mod?

the above method doesn't work btw. I dont' think you can edit the default player CKO troops.

bobknight said:
Wait. why is there an anti-cheat mechanism in a single player mod?

Good question.  I can only "why" questions for features that I implemented and coded.   

bobknight said:
the above method doesn't work btw. I dont' think you can edit the default player CKO troops.

You can edit the troops, ie.. you can see them in the text files, you can edit them. 

The question is: "Is there a script that make sure that they do not get modified from the original design?" 

Based upon some of the scripts I have seen, the answer I believe is "Likely Yes".  But I have not actually seen the script, have not really looked for it, but based on what I have seen, would be comfortable betting that it was there somewhere.

I've done this with success. I'd manually edit the text file.

There are multiple "player order knights" and sargeants. Editing 1 pair had no effect, another caused the unit to be treated as a companion somehow, but the third worked flawlessly!!!

I only edited items, proficiencies, and strength, didn't touch initial skills. It actually caused them to start with 8 available skill points, but no effect.

Keep in mind that items that require power draw or requirements won't be equipped until they're met. Also items not normally available for purchase for CKO won't show up in their shopping inventory ever, but they will use them in battle. (Eg Vanskerry shield or rune bows)

LootMoar said:
I've done this with success. I'd manually edit the text file.

There are multiple "player order knights" and sargeants. Editing 1 pair had no effect, another caused the unit to be treated as a companion somehow, but the third worked flawlessly!!!

I only edited items, proficiencies, and strength, didn't touch initial skills. It actually caused them to start with 8 available skill points, but no effect.

Keep in mind that items that require power draw or requirements won't be equipped until they're met. Also items not normally available for purchase for CKO won't show up in their shopping inventory ever, but they will use them in battle. (Eg Vanskerry shield or rune bows)

I thank you for your input, I'll try this as soon as I can so I could finally test play my Knights in terms of fighting style and equipment  :smile:

If there are any other means as to do this, it is welcome to be posted here XD

Back
Top Bottom