Can I change a village's culture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Stellini

Squire
I am a vassal of the Kingdom of England and as usual I got the ****tiest village in Ireland as my first fief. However it used to belong to Scotia Maior and I'm not sure but the levy I get from lances is different then the rest. Is it because of a different culture? Can I switch my culture to English style levy? Also as I haven't started investing in a fortified manor, can I start a fortified manor in another fief since I don't want my base to be in Ireland? Thanks :smile:

Yes, it's because of the Irish culture that you get only Irish people. You'll always get those kind of troops in which culture/region your fief is. No, you can't change the culture. Of course you don't have to build the fortified manor in your first fief, you can build it wherever and whenever you want to build - but only 1 fortified manor is possible, so choose wisely.

And is there an yway I can get a fief with an English culture? maybe strip it away from a current Lord or something like that?

This is just a suggestion, but perhaps just restart the game, until you get one in England? As it changes each time, Norwich is the best one, rarely gets raided. Gloucester isn't too bad either, but gets raided after all the ones in the west. This ovbiously depends on how far into the game you are, but as a new version is coming out in the coming weeks, we will all need to restart, so maybe think about it, and if you do, Export your character and import him after you start a new game going :smile: Goodluck!

Stellini said:
And is there an yway I can get a fief with an English culture? maybe strip it away from a current Lord or something like that?

Wait until you're at war with France, then conquer yourself something and demand it for yourself, then you'll have an English fief with a French name :grin:... French troop tree is the same as the English, example for that is the town of Bordeaux-> Central or default European troop tree.

Back
Top Bottom