SP Native Calradian Conflict - Now with added realism

Users who are viewing this thread

messenger

Sergeant Knight
I have finally decided to announce my mod, Calradian Conflict.
Set in Calradia, it focuses on delivering intense, realistic and gritty combat, with an epic battle system that guarantee's survival to only the wiliest of generals.
The mod is aimed at enhancing Mount and Blade's terrific gameplay and pushing it's battles to the limit.
This is not the game for solo generals, with armies numbering several hundreds to thousands of men, it is a supreme tactical challenge to play.
For those players that want to use tactics with their troops, this is the mod to do it with.
No longer will charging your entire force be a viable option when both you and your enemy have to consider wave upon wave, an onslaught of soldier and heraldry.

News​
Alpha to be released soon. 1-2 weeks.

Mod features​

- Epic battles of 100's of men.
- Updated factions
- Useful village recruitment of large amounts of recruits
- Expanded troop trees
- More items
- More blood
- More combat
- More parties

Screenshots​

The Swadian foot troops prepare for the first enemy attack.

The thin line of Swadian foot faces their enemy.

The Hammer and the Anvil.

The carnage.

Credits​

Ok credits, I have D'Sparil, Zathan, Yoshiboy and Llew2 to thank for coding assistance, Chel for his Classic v1.0 source code, without which the many patrols and scout parties wouldn't be possible.
Models and textures:
luigi
spong
RR_Raptor65
fisheye
Raz
James
Chel
Septa Scarabae

A note on my .brf file, there may be uncredited items on it for 2 reasons, either a) I am not using the item, b) D'Sparil and I couldn't find the maker.

Also I would like to thank Bugman and Merlkir for their assistance in helping me develop the factional styles and histories.

To Do​

Key:
Green = required for current release
Blue = required for next release
Red = possible inclusion

- Finish editing faction specific items
- Re-equip the Nords, Khergits, Rhodoks and Vaegir.
- Add more mercenaries
- Add in requested features
- Add more parties
- Edit quests

Help me​

More models
More textures

Beta testers

Factional design aid

Balancer

Back up coder?? (I don't mind taking on somebody who wants to learn)

Mod additions​

So far I have added Eisenhouwer's Cries of War soundpack to add to the deadly feel and effect of the battles.
Whether I add it compulsorily to the mod, or let players download it for themselves, I am not sure.

Also considering adding MAXHARDMAN's realistic steel textures, if I get his permission.

Kolba said:
Sounds good :smile:.

Those battles are looking frightening :twisted:.
Yeah unfortunately the continued alt tab copy and pasting in Paint didn't do the game any good! If you look, the black gambesons have gone slightly red!

Yep, that looks amazing. Should have a big hit on performance, but its well worth it.

And how did you do those lines of troops? By implementing formations script, or just telling them to hold a position?

Kolba said:
And how did you do those lines of troops? By implementing formations script, or just telling them to hold a position?
I clicked back space then selected them on the tactical map and left clicked the point on the map I wanted them to go to :smile:.

Elenmmare said:
Yep, that looks amazing. Should have a big hit on performance, but its well worth it.
Well it's easily playable on battle sizes under 100, you just play against more waves.
I had my battle size on 398 for screenshots, it was quite choppy but just about playable. Probably will play on about 250-300 normally.

.903 seems to have got rid of the lag problems that were on .808 and stuff, so most people can probably field reasonable battles.
My PC is hardly a beast, 6800 GT is like 4 years old now...

But yes, the pure fun of playing such a massive battle makes the performance drop forgiveable.

Looks interesting. Can't wait to test it out. I always fancy a massive battle.

Yeah, I may not have mentioned it, but all the old parties are back. So expect war parties and scouts roaming the place, not to mention the Dark Knights are back!

Well I would say another week or so, it all depends on when I finish editing the factions and hunting bugs though to be honest.

Zaro said:
Looks like I've got some competition :smile:
Well I don't mind abit of healthy competition :smile:. Although by the looks of it your mod will be alot more realistic than mine.
I am keeping the ironflesh and other such skills, however I devised a roughly realistic system, inspired by the Realistic Combat Model.
It's mainly me doubling stats and editing abit here and there though.

@Howlinator, I assume you added me on MSN, we shall discuss it when you come on.

Back
Top Bottom