Buy slaves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Vinnie

Regular
I always sell slaves...I want some change...like I can buy slaves to work in my caslte since we're going to manage our caslte in later versions maybe we can buy slaves and make them serve our garrisons, give them a home and help them start a life! or we buy them from the slave trader and recruit them to our party.

They are not reliable enought for that. Instead we should be given the chance to lead parties of refugees and stranded farmers to our lands for the same efect.
You would also buy slaves for hard labour, if you conquer a mine or a coastal setlement were slaves are needed. That would take a better garison than usual. But all these features are just fantasy for the moment.

Now there isn't mutch to have prisoners. They are only worth of 20 denars. There could be something meaningfull to have prisoners. Now the price isn't worthy for nord warrior or vaegir knight.

Yeah, I support this, it would be good to buy them as fighters, but they'd have to be the weakest of the weak. So just really cannon fodder.

Buxton said:
Yeah, I support this, it would be good to buy them as fighters, but they'd have to be the weakest of the weak. So just really cannon fodder.

Cannon fodder until they grow to Sword sister and start poking people in the eyes with pointy sticks and crossbow bolts. :wink:

We can recruit prisoners if we defeat a party and we can recruit slaves if we click the camp button but I don't see why not we can't buy the slaves from our faction so they will serve our units...they might escape if you have a low moral say if a hero from your faction have like 70 prisoners and you go up to him and talk to him and ask iif you can buy the slaves of him for a low price and then talk to the slave instead of telling them not to run off you can say to them "I am going to give you a change, you can serve me and win or, become a low slave." and the AI will pick if they want to join your party or not. If they don't just sell them! keeping in mind that if this do work I am happy...but how often does the developer read these things I don't know :roll:

I don't see a point in buying slaves. Why would you "buy" slaves when you can enslave people and force them to work for you.
I think buying/hiring workers makes sense.

would you really tell a slave to be in your party and fight for you when you jst captured him likea day ago?

I think it would be nice to have more options with prisoners.
-Ransom them back to thier armies
-Release them onto the world map (they will become bandits, either join a bandit group or get attacked and captured again!)
-Enslave them in our castles (when the castle features are implemented, perhaps they could produce food faster, but the more you have the more likely it is that they will try to burn your castle down!)
-Sell them to slave merchants

RaVeN said:
I don't see a point in buying slaves. Why would you "buy" slaves when you can enslave people and force them to work for you.
I think buying/hiring workers makes sense.

Because enslaving the warriors of your bitter enemies leads to slave insurrections.  Much better for a Vaegir to buy a Rhodok slave and Swadian to buy a Khergit -who care very little about you either way- than it would be to smash an enemy army and try to enslave SOLDIERS.  When buying slaves one would presume that one could purchase slaves from non-military backgrounds: simple debtors, clerks, farmers, laborers, tradesmen, etc. 

Far better than trying to beat a spearmaster into a life of labor when he can kill you just as easily with a hayfork as his old glave.

i like the future idea of conquering a mine or something thqt needs slaves to run it, so we actually have some value of capturing prisoners besides money purposes

srbraveandstupid said:
i like the future idea of conquering a mine or something thqt needs slaves to run it, so we actually have some value of capturing prisoners besides money purposes

Capturing a mine! I like his idea!!

Build a makeshift fort to defend it, garrison men and buy slaver upgrades (to increase the amount of prisoners that can work there).

Mines - salt, iron, coal.

just another idea, you could have goods transported from a village fief you may have, if you have one, that could send goods, such as food, low quality for the slaves, and on their trip back they take, iron, salt, coal, etc. like a caravan system that you own

Make slaves fight each other for your amusement!

Then when they sleep release the tiger

srbraveandstupid said:

My very own salt mine... a wonderful idea.
Maybe when ships are implemented we can put them to work rowing.

Back
Top Bottom