Building question

Users who are viewing this thread

unluckySOB

Regular
I was just looking for any information on how to build my own town and castle. Where would I find the menu option for this? Is there some condition I haven't met yet like being a vassal?

unluckySOB said:
I was just looking for any information on how to build my own town and castle. Where would I find the menu option for this? Is there some condition I haven't met yet like being a vassal?

You can build a fortress from the Camp Menu, which can be built up to a Castle/Town.  However, you can only do this if you are NOT a vassal or lord for another faction.

You can build a Colony or Villages from "Select a special party option" in the Camp Menu.  However, you must be a certain distance from other towns/villages/castles.

unluckySOB said:

you need a renown of 200 then the option appears in the camp menu in the same sub menu as build a settlement, you can't have built an outpost or fort, nor have joined a faction.
building order village, castle, village, village, village, town, port, port

Lor Dric said:
Slayth said:
You can build a fortress from the Camp Menu, which can be built up to a Castle/Town. 

this is false

Oops!  :oops:  Sorry!  It's been quite a while since I've used these features!  Thanks for the clarification!

I was thinking of: building the Outpost from the Camp Menu.  Once you make it a Fort, you can use the "Take a walk around the fort" option to walk over, and buy and sell with the Armorer, Horse Merchant, Weaponsmith, and Merchant.  Plus, you can keep a garrison in a Fort. But it's certainly not a "Castle/Town".

I also found a good discussion on Settlements in the General Discussion thread, starting on page 10.

Back
Top Bottom