Bug thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gestricius said:
Not sure if this is a bug or anything, but I can't seem to find any bandits leading me to their camp (Forest Bandit Camp) None spawned near Wien at the start of the quest and none to be found in the vicinity.

This quest was given to me by Kaiser Franz I of Austria.

It works, but in a different way. After the quest is given, you have to find a small bandit party and defeat it. After that, you need to go back to the town, enter the tavern, and speak to the quest giver. Then, he will lead you directly to the hideout.

After you finish the quest, you can spam infinite money by talking to him in the tavern. :razz:

-Some shader issues, everything will lit it very brightly once in a while. Leaving and reeentering the scene fixes that, though.

-Rain. Literally everytime I walk into a town it's raining. I'm 20 days in the game and only on the first day was there a sun in London, since day 2 nothing but rain when I enter any city. And it isn't there when i play a battle. Can confirm this for London, Sheffield, Wilton, Edingburgh, Cardiff, Amsterdam, Groningen and the British Military Depot. Will continue to test to see if it is persistent.

-All British troops wear greatcoats. Could be because of the infinite rain bug, but all British I have encountered wear greycoats, even in battles were it doesn't rain at all. Now, I doubt April is really that cold, besides no French troops I've seen do this.

-Naval battles on land. I never knew Wales was secretely an ocean disguised as land. Anyway, jokes aside. The fact that cannons and horses spawn on the ship creates a massive clusterf*ck.

-Sounds keep on playing. Had several instances where the rain sound (which happens a lot, see above) keeps on playing in the background even when you leave a town or enter a building. Had to restart Warband to fix it. Happened to me in London, Sheffield and Amsterdam so far.

-Clipping issues with most headgear for characters with long and/or shaggy hair. Sene this on both my character and NPC's. I guess there isn't much you can do about that though.

-The 1796 British Light Cavalry Sword has no empty scabbard model. So when you equip it, you are holding a sword in your hand while it's also still located in your scabbard. Didn't happen to any other swords I used.

= The glossy floors in some buildings (more pronounced in taverns) the gloss reflects a terrain, like trees and normal land found in a battle, instead of reflecting things in the room.

= The f4 command  for me is darkened by another option located in the same slot, so I can't read it in battle.

= The AI barely moves on a charge, instead they move maybe a few inches before stopping again to fire, but the captains continue to charge. One instance was in the beginning battle, the companion guy who you are doing the quest for charged and died easily, while all of the men stayed back and moved very slowly and sloppily, usually moving back instead of forward.

= The formations are a bit clunky, and takes a while for them to form up, sometimes they stand and not crouch.

= The melee weapons so far usually bounce off of people, making melee combat hard (not to mention the bayonet animations)

= The npc's in town are really weird. They move in a humongous mob all together, while the rest of the city is barren and without any npcs.

= When I talk to a sitting person in the tavern, he turns around in a sitting pose but ends up sitting on air lol.

= I'm not sure if it's a bug, and you most likely heard of it already, but the aim is also awful. I don't think soldiers were that inaccurate, honestly. I had 30 line infantry (they were first level tho) and they were in formation firing against 10 deserters, and it took 10 minutes for them to win against the 10 deserters, since I couldn't tell them to turn to melee they walked in small increments, sometimes backwards firing, without hitting anything most of the time.

= Not sure if it's a bug, but could you please add a option to turn off some of the shaders. When I fight in a night battle, everyone is glowing white, its not a mess up on textures because on closer inspection they look ok, but everyone is bright white and makes battles seem a bit unrealistic.

Many of these bugs you're reporting Docm already knows about.
Inanch-Bilge said:
-Troops I saw had 0 wages, didn't checked all, but French and British were so.
Intentional, Factions are meant to pay troop wages
-Can't shoot pistol while crouching.
Reported
-One or more muskets has extremely low damage, making some troops useless, saw that in British line infantry.
This is new to me, probably a bug from this release. Unless you're talking about bayonet thrusts on many muskets.

USADominic said:
- Cav is too op, it takes more shots with muskets to kill a horse,
I agree that this is a problem. I mentioned it during the close alpha.
-Muskets bayonet is impossible to use so useless in melee
Known and much discussed. It's a problem with the animation, the attacks do not hit when the animation does.
- Grey uniforms, British, French ( maybe for all factions )
More details please. I know that some models become glazed a white and grey sheen sometimes when it's foggy and early or late.

Epicrules said:
Bug - Immediately after doing the starter quest, you can speak with the customs official repeatedly before leaving the tavern for infinite money.

I specifically had this problem with the Prussian one, incase it's specific to him and not all of the NPCs.
This had been reported as fixed. Perhaps it is not.

Froi said:
When you just start a new game and have to duel the man you spilled beer on, if you choose to fight with swords, it does almost no damage if you hit on the body.  I stood there while he repeatedly sliced and stabbed me, until he finally hit me in the head which did some decent damage, so I just hit him twice in the head and he died.  One of the British troops that I rescued from another army has no body armor on, I will get the exact troop when I get home.

This is cause by the very low damage stats of the duelling sword. It needs to be increased by about 5 points.

Articulo34 said:
A couple nobody has mentioned yet.

-There seems to be a barrage of error codes when infantry gets charged by cavalry. Something about a melee script.
Red script errors are common ocurrences. Please try to get the exact text down if possible.
-Hand-to-hand combat needs some overhauling. Right now it takes ages to finish a boxing match because most punches only do 0 damage.
Body armour provided by clothing is too high compared to fist damage. You'll just have to aim for the head with your fists for now.

stringingterror said:
What i posted on another thread without checking this one :oops:
Love the mod, AND I KNOW ITS STILL IN ALPHA but for what its worth here are my 2 cents.
-Troop Cost/ Wages need balancing, I know this mod will have a unique system for this but as it is, it needs work.
0 Wages are intentional
-Scotland should have Scottish units,Wales should have its own units, Irish etc.
This would likely require subfactions, and it's pretty unnecessary when there are Irish and Scottish units in the troop tree.
-Absolutely love the no easy vassalage thing (Unique) but there should be a way to work your way up from the ranks. (Maybe a modified freelancer that makes you a vassal?)
Talk to the recruiter in a nation's capital city to join a faction as a regular soldier. You will still be leading a party of your own on the map, but you can of course just follow officers around with a small band and join their fights.
-Varied Starts, Vassalage start maybe?
It's pretty easy to just cheat yourself into a high position.
-Tournaments, the lack of. I know they are being modified to something unique but I had to bring it up
-Factions, Spain, Portugal, Denmark etc., this one for sure is being worked on just thought i'd touch on it.
ALSO the tournaments are always "going to be held" and never actually appear.
-Minor Annoyances. These aren't a priority or even a problem for some but after a prize fight it sends you back to the town menu which is annoying as it should just take you back to the location of the fight promoter like vanilla does.
Modify message
Bugs, obviously bound to happen with all the great work put in. On the stern side of the ship there is a bug on the enemy side where while on a horse you can fall through the end of the ship(while hugging the side and land at the bottom of the sea in big battles there is always enemy Cavalry down there and it's annoying.
Having horses at all in naval battles is not intended. This was reported fixed.
-Frigate Battles they are broken as of the first alpha release. To start, water battles sometimes occur when you are not in water ( I had one occur east of the small little green faction next to trees wazterskie?..sp) Cavalry spawn with horses on ships which leads to a huge logjam, also Cannons spawn on the planks and they completely block the path which only compounds the traffic jam with the horses.
Right now there is no way to check to see if the player is above water, so overwater travel involves riding horses over water, and fighting sea battles on land. For some reason though, Bridges are the place where you can do sea battles because the game can in fact check when you're on a bridge.
-Characters have missing legs if they don't wear trousers, some farmers spawn with only shoes or shoe less thus trouser less if there upper body piece doesn't extend downward.
There is a lot of native equipment still in the game.

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
= The glossy floors in some buildings (more pronounced in taverns) the gloss reflects a terrain, like trees and normal land found in a battle, instead of reflecting things in the room.
It probably ignores scene objects, but I never noticed this.
= The f4 command  for me is darkened by another option located in the same slot, so I can't read it in battle.
Try pressing F9 to clear the excess menu away.
= The AI barely moves on a charge, instead they move maybe a few inches before stopping again to fire, but the captains continue to charge. One instance was in the beginning battle, the companion guy who you are doing the quest for charged and died easily, while all of the men stayed back and moved very slowly and sloppily, usually moving back instead of forward.
Ranged units act the same way as they do in native. If you want an actual charge, order them to use melee weapons only.
= The formations are a bit clunky, and takes a while for them to form up, sometimes they stand and not crouch.

= The melee weapons so far usually bounce off of people, making melee combat hard (not to mention the bayonet animations)
Known, see above.
= The npc's in town are really weird. They move in a humongous mob all together, while the rest of the city is barren and without any npcs.
Probably something to do with pathfinding and spawn points.
= When I talk to a sitting person in the tavern, he turns around in a sitting pose but ends up sitting on air lol.
Known issue. Can't be fixed due to engine limitations.
= I'm not sure if it's a bug, and you most likely heard of it already, but the aim is also awful. I don't think soldiers were that inaccurate, honestly. I had 30 line infantry (they were first level tho) and they were in formation firing against 10 deserters, and it took 10 minutes for them to win against the 10 deserters, since I couldn't tell them to turn to melee they walked in small increments, sometimes backwards firing, without hitting anything most of the time.
I had mentioned firearm accuracy during the closed test, but it was said that the accuracy stats are intentional. Frankly, it's just poorly balanced in my opinion. You can order troops to use melee weapons using the F4 key afaik.
= Not sure if it's a bug, but could you please add a option to turn off some of the shaders. When I fight in a night battle, everyone is glowing white, its not a mess up on textures because on closer inspection they look ok, but everyone is bright white and makes battles seem a bit unrealistic.
Known bug.

Reserved for bugs encountered.
Not using cheats to enjoy the game.

Custom Battle Mode
Character: Alexi Ushenkov
Light Officer's Sabre scabbard texture is a bit distracting with checkered textures flickering.
7B94EC25B01C492616DD7A53366C01711AC335D6
Pierre Ledoux also uses the Light Officer's Sabre

1796 Pattern Light Sabre scabbard is missing vertex animation when unsheathed.
D563FEF3DFE8BD10592B3C61C51BF34800AC0DE5
Klause Schnitzel also uses the 1796 Pattern Light Sabre

1796 Pattern Heavy Sabre scabbard is missing vertex animation when unsheathed.
F2A1706B55BAA497A43213A8BF5274A052B2698C

Pistol Cartridges seem invisible once on the ground. Inventory icon works. Just makes it hard to find extra ammo  :razz:
6DFFC9F7A9A2A1FE53B1FED1BB2F4DA8735709AD

For one reason or another I'm getting a huge lot of Microsoft Visual C++ crash errors whenever I enter a campaign battle (not custom one). I reinstalled from different mirror, verified game cache and screwed around with my nvidia options, but nothing seems to fix this. Running game in lowest possible graphics with Directx 7 did nothing either.

This is more tech support than bug, though.

About the grey uniforms, several of my friends and i as well can confirm that all of our companions, British, which suppose to have red uniform that is why they are called the redcoats, have always grey greatcoat, for my french units as well they all have grey uniform, They are not recruits anymore, they are Grenadiers, Fusiliers. I don't know if its applies for other factions as well but I can confirm these.
Other bugs, swords don't really do much damage, Muskets shoots the enemy's horse for like 30-40 Damage, the 1777 guard one, which I think should be like 1 shot to kill a horse.

I see this is a known issue but I will add anyway, weird shaders during a thunderstorm:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367265563

A bit weird animation with the beat up peasants stick

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367319776

EDIT: Also, am I correct in assuming that I can't be enlisted in a lord's army as of yet?

USADominic said:
About the grey uniforms, several of my friends and i as well can confirm that all of our companions, British, which suppose to have red uniform that is why they are called the redcoats, have always grey greatcoat, for my french units as well they all have grey uniform, They are not recruits anymore, they are Grenadiers, Fusiliers. I don't know if its applies for other factions as well but I can confirm these.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of advanced script where they stop wearing the great coats during the summer?

USADominic said:
You keep confusing people by calling them grey uniforms as if there's some texture error.
If people are wearing the greatcoats(which are intentionally grey) too much, just say that.

Bibou7 said:
With French artillery.
I saw this only during one battle.
1420154552-2015-01-01-00001.jpg
There was an issue before with arty being giant question marks, so it's probably the same bug with a different model.
Arty has also spawned as an extra baggage: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/550894527082966810/34EA9861D78B04D817BF6C16FF793ADCA6BFD93F/

Also, if anyone is having trouble getting money, do some trading. There are often good deals in villages and towns which can be resold in places with better demand. You can build up a lot of money pretty quickly.

Appears that (In Poland at least) the Recruiter and Liason is wearing a French Officer uniform. Dunno if it's the same for other nations.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Appears that (In Poland at least) the Recruiter and Liason is wearing a French Officer uniform. Dunno if it's the same for other nations.
The poles were pretty much vassals of the french at this time, so there's that excuse. But last I saw, the Prussian and Austrian recruiters/liaisons have the correct uniforms.

Yeah i'm having issues when storming the walls of london, I took this picture from the mount and blade general at 4chan because I have nowhere to upload my pics right now
The ladder doesn't reach the ground and it's impossible to get to the top of the wall
I think this is an urgent error that completely spoils the gameplay
I have no idea how the guy managed to get an armoured knight though, may be another sort of bug perhaps?

1420151149591.jpg

So thins I have boticed from the little bit I have played so far.
1. In all the factions the troops hve this weird glow to them. I.E. Prussias Musketeers should be blue, which they are, but look white. Quite annoying.
2.The musket melee sucks. I see what you were trying to do with the butts of the rifles and it was a good idea but not executed well. Bayonet stab needs better work also.
3. Its spelled "Musketeer" not with a Q
4. Accuracy is terrible in all rifles and pistols, medium range is like sniping, I do like the dirt flying up at where the shot landed and the muzzle flash, smoke, and kick are beautiful, so good job on that.
5.Needs more scenes, I have done around 10 battles on the same map.

Thats it for now otherwise good work its a beautiful mod and just needs final touches!

Are there plans to make muskets just overall more powerful? they feel really pathetic atm. haven't played with ranger's updated animations yet so cant say if that helped the melee problem at all, but I play with normal damage to player and I routinely take 3 or 4 bullets

Since it hasn't been said specifically at time of writing here, No siege maps, spawns in a really tiny field right beside each other, makes defending forts impossible. No promotion possible, might just be because it's alpha. And also I have no problem with greatcoats as prussia, well they haven't worn them at all I should say, just basic uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom