Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm about 70 days into a Scottish game and now for some reason this happens...  I get about 3/4 through a battle and not only does the game crash, my computer crashes.  Like totally crashes, turns off and restarts automatically.  I've only been fighting Irish Lord parties and I had just been given a quest to capture an Irish Lord.  Perhaps it has something to do with that.  I'll try fighting a Irish Caravan or some bandits to see if it still happens...

EDIT:  Ok, I fought a Steppe Bandit (why are they in the Mod?) party and got through ok.  But then I travelled on the map for a bit and the crash happened again.  It could be something to do with my computer but it only happens while playing this Mod.

EDIT:  Reinstalling M&B and the mod seems to have fixed this.

EDIT: It started happening again but it also happened while I was playing a different game.  So the problem is my computer is starting to cark it.

stoned-dude said:
I installed the first bugfix (to stop the game from crashing when it couldn't find the axemesh) but it seemed to replace all of the new greathelmets with scottish shields, and replaced my english shield with an noble armour, all very confusing (resulting in me storming a castle with a shield glued to the face instead of a helmet, and it didnt quite work out that well, either ^^ )

I just tried reinstalling the mod to try to fix the problem from my previous post and this happened.  My Balanced Claymore turned into a Balanced Guard Helmet...

EDIT:  I forgot to use the bug flixes.  Everything is back to normal now after using them.

Hello.

Don't know if this was not supposed to be posted, as you said no dialogue, but I got confused since you just said dialogue that mentioned Calradia, so I'm going to post this here anyways.

Look closely at this picture, see something that's not right? :razz:

mb3xb3.jpg

Per Ole said:
Hello.

Don't know if this was not supposed to be posted, as you said no dialogue, but I got confused since you just said dialogue that mentioned Calradia, so I'm going to post this here anyways.

mb3xb3.jpg

:lol: oh lol thats a slap in the face

Per Ole said:
Hello.

mb3xb3.jpg
Yea Hehe Hes Madam LoL  :lol:  :lol:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but i am with the Scots (since i am a Scot in Real life) i am at war with the Irish and welsh but not English. Also the Kingdom of England and the Army are at war with each other. I have got version 1.1 and M&B 1.011.

Apart from that the mod is great thanks!

*Hakim* said:
Per Ole said:
Hello.

mb3xb3.jpg

:lol: oh lol thats a slap in the face
Maybe not, because in his introductory dialogue, he talks about having lost his husband :lol:

One of my English cavalry decided to don himself with a blue tartan when I upgraded him to heavy cavalry. I figured I'd weed out the sucker through the item editor, but I could not find any Scottish-ish name among the armour choices there. I did, however, find a Scottish shield and an archery tunic, both of which have no place on English heavy cavalry. But what is the name of the elusive tartan-maille?
Edit: Found it. It was the noble armour, which was of course supposed to be the noble surcoat. The reason I didn't find it immediately is that the editor does not affect saved games, annoyingly.

further discrepancies:

The mounted Scottish noble did not have the mounted tag. Also, the Scottish troop tree is circular: the highland warrior can upgrade to either veteran highlander or Scottish scout. The veteran highlander upgrades to noble clansman, which DOWNgrades back to Scottish scout and follows the troop tree from there.

britain1297bug1.jpg

yeah, the lords seem to get stuck at the coast a lot.

britain1297bug2.jpg

There is some invisible barrier near plymouth castle were these poor sea raiders got all stuck in. I tryed to attack them but I cant.

britain1297bug3.jpg

As you can see Im having some shadow problems. Also seem to happen a lot with shields too.

britain1297bug4.jpg

A few lords of the English army together with some of their caravans seems to be stuck at Cork. Must be a bottleneck.

Kissaki said:
One of my English cavalry decided to don himself with a blue tartan when I upgraded him to heavy cavalry. I figured I'd weed out the sucker through the item editor, but I could not find any Scottish-ish name among the armour choices there. I did, however, find a Scottish shield and an archery tunic, both of which have no place on English heavy cavalry. But what is the name of the elusive tartan-maille?
Edit: Found it. It was the noble armour, which was of course supposed to be the noble surcoat. The reason I didn't find it immediately is that the editor does not affect saved games, annoyingly.

further discrepancies:

The mounted Scottish noble did not have the mounted tag. Also, the Scottish troop tree is circular: the highland warrior can upgrade to either veteran highlander or Scottish scout. The veteran highlander upgrades to noble clansman, which DOWNgrades back to Scottish scout and follows the troop tree from there.

Actually, it seems such discrepencies are everywhere. The English Crusader unit, for example, is for some reason only a 14th level noob, with Scottish noble armour at that. Also, every English unit has some Scottish options (either armour or shields), every Scottish unit has some corresponding English options, as do the Welsh and the Irish. I also gave the Scottish highlander units the claymore, as I thought it a bit odd that this weapon had not been assigned to anyone. And I made Matheld female, to match the dialogue. There was a bunch of other such details as well. I am beginning to think this discrepencies were intentional, but that doesn't make any sense.

Miles I had the same problem, here's how i fixed it. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51501.0.html This way you will lose the specular (shine) on metal parts and armors but it will probably solve the shadow problem.

the game freezes when i try and go to the guy that sells weapons, but if i minimize the game and close a small error box that comes from M and B then go back into the game it works fine till i go to another weapons dude, cant tell what the error says, and there are still lots of dialog errors like talking to one of the ppl that think they should be the ruler of a nation.

Rousseau Of March: I had the same issue. It has something to do with an axe.

Download the 1.1 bugfix here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51113.0.html

well there needs to be a link at the top part of the map into eglish army area. i was allied with the orange england and the king wanted me to scount some english army cities (cardiff, swansea, dungarvan) and i clicked near dungarvan and the game wants to take my guy allllll the way down through the yellow guys, then up into the green guys just to get to dungarvan which is just a stone's throw away from where I was when i got the order.

Robert Bruce, one of the main character in the mod got stuck at the shore between Scotland and Ireland in my game. I am a little disgusted about it because he is here for a quite long time already. Maybe anybody from enemies will conquer him, jail him and  free him in the end for some ransom. But  nobody didn't do it so far.  I don't know if there is any hope for freeing him at all. Those are unpleasant bugs and shouldn't appear in the game.  :sad:

Every time I try and download the patches filefactory tells me "there are currently no free download slots available on this server." So I can't download the patches and I"m going to lose all my saved games if I install them later. Is there anyway you can upload the patches somewhere else for download?

Rad said:
Robert Bruce, one of the main character in the mod got stuck at the shore between Scotland and Ireland in my game. I am a little disgusted about it because he is here for a quite long time already. Maybe anybody from enemies will conquer him, jail him and  free him in the end for some ransom. But  nobody didn't do it so far.  I don't know if there is any hope for freeing him at all. Those are unpleasant bugs and shouldn't appear in the game.  :sad:
The getting stuck thing could be a native bug, because I see it happening in HYW-mod, too. Stuck enemies are no problem, because I can simply defeat them in combat and they will either escape or be captured. Either way, they'll be unstuck. Stuck friends is a bit more tricky, because I have never seen the enemy go after them. Engaging the enemy while close to a stuck ally will make the ally fight by you, but he'll still be stuck afterwards. And I am not going to intentionally lose to see if that helps matters.

Back
Top Bottom