Bug Reports and Player Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems to happen irregardless of the Marshalls army size. Though today it took the cake, when in Yarogleks infinite wisdom, he appointed Ralcha as Marshal during a multiwar front, moments after said lord was defeated. The entire Vaegir army followed their "glorious" leader and his nine stalwart companions (conscripts/recruits) as he raced and blinding speed (7.1-ish) around the map not dealing with any problems, but getting there really quickly, only to fire off like a bullet for some other village being raided by 20 or 30 losers.

And this isn't technically a bug I suppose, but losing a quest because a fast quest bandit is caught by a patrol or circle of lords, even though I join the battle, is quite frustrating. Its either take the smackdown in relationship or smash alt f4 and reload.

Vegir Master Bowyers have 220 crossbow skill and 30 bow skill.... I would note they are equipped with really high level bows, not crossbows >>

acehawk said:
Vegir Master Bowyers have 220 crossbow skill and 30 bow skill.... I would note they are equipped with really high level bows, not crossbows >>
try quit without saving load the game
or copy your save game, delete the NE folder in module folder, install it again and paste your save game in there.

that should work

Hi I think I have found a bug in that I am unable to give any of my companions fiefs. Ive tried to talking to them  but there is no option to ask them if they would like a fief in the "I'd like to ask you something bit". I already own a castle, a town and several villages but yet there is still no option to give a companion a fief

Huzzar! said:
Hi I think I have found a bug in that I am unable to give any of my companions fiefs. Ive tried to talking to them  but there is no option to ask them if they would like a fief in the "I'd like to ask you something bit". I already own a castle, a town and several villages but yet there is still no option to give a companion a fief
are they level 20? 
cuz ive read somewhere they need to be level 20 to grant them a fief

Huzzar! said:

Are they >= level 20?

arh! sorry my bad  :oops: i have a companion at level 19. thought he was at 20 so i didnt bother checking  :oops: but problem  :grin:

Xprez said:
acehawk said:
or copy your save game, delete the NE folder in module folder, install it again and paste your save game in there.

that should work

Nope. It is not his installation. I checked my 604, 605 and newly downloaded 605 troops.txt and it is a "hard coded" bug. I will now go through my troops.txt and change it for vaegir_bowmen, archer, marksmen and master bowyers. Hope my savegame will take these changes... *cross fingers*, if not... well only another 30ingame days to waste :sad:.

I am also currently checking systematically the whole mercenaries troop trees. Some skill != equipment errors are still there, but those I post en block in a few days.

BTW: Love this mod, otherwise I would not trouble myself with this :smile:

Right to Rule seems to be missing from the Character report and Character notes with this mod

EDIT: Strange, it didn't show up on my main save, but loading another game, it did.

I used this sheet for the merc troop trees and therefore all "differences" I may mention are only valid between this troop tree and the 605b Version.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1rmebMy6lHmzGSmGDDi9QxpWF2DGzm7IZIoKIk2TEFE4/edit?hl=en_US

First of all: I love this mod, I only took so much time to orderly find out and write down bugs with troops to help you guys, not to piss anyone off.

First a few comments to Vaegir troops:

the basic bowmen all have crossbow instead of archer skill:
Vaegir_Bowmen: crossbow <-> archer
Vaegir_Archers: crossbow <-> archer
Vaegir_Marksmen: crossbow <-> archer
Vaegir_Master_Bowyers: crossbow <-> archer

The basic melee troops also have a weapon setup that uses shield and single weapons, so they could all use some 1h-skill
Vaegir_Varangians; single Hand 60 -> more?
Vaegir_Veteran_Varangians: 60 -> more?
Vaegir_Varangian_Guards: single Hand 60 -> more?

Vaegir Pikeman often uses a bardiche (2h-skill) but has of course polearms skill
The Vaegir_Linemen has a shield and either a one handed or two handed weapon. As he is the follow up of the pikeman he lacks the skill to use both. A spear would be nice for shield and spear. Or whatever you want him to be. Just give him weapons suitable to his polearms 180 :wink: and perhaps rise one handed skill for his sidearm.

just to be as complete as possible: The ivory bowman often has no bow (already known)

Now to the mercenaries:

Male Merc tree:

Merc Rubble has a bow but no skill to use it.
Merc Runner is is now called Merc Stablehand
Merc Cavalry can have a lance but has polearm skill 30

The ingame-troops differ from the Merc tree on the sheet. It is now: Watchman -> Guard -> Swordsman -> Zweihander
Merc watchman and guard have two handed skill but only spears
Merc Swordsman has only 75 1h-skill though he always carries sword and shield
Merc Zweihänder has sometimes an arbalest and sometimes 1h+shield (too low 1h skill) and no(seldomly?) 2 handed weapon

Merc Trained Crossbow always has a bow (switch with Huntress?)
Merc Veteran Crossbow always has a bow (switch with Master Huntress?)

Female Merc tree:

The troop tree sheet misses the shield maiden, but stats and equipment of all female riders look OK. The shield maiden is introduced as infantry troop instead of cavalry (not a problem for me, but perhaps for AI?)

Camp Defender has a bow, but crossbow skill 60 (switch equipment with tracker?)

The "hearth warrior" from the sheet does not exist anymore, it is now: Pike Sister -> Pike Maiden -> Line Sister -> Line Maiden
Merc Line Sister always(?) carriers a Voulge (2h-skill at least for player) but has polerarm skill
Merc Line Maiden always(?) carries a voulge (2h-skill) but has polearm skill

Merc Tracker has Archer skill but a crossbow (switch equipment with Camp Defender?)
Merc Huntress has a crossbow instead of a bow (switch equipment with trained crossbow?)
Merc Master Huntress has a crossbow instead of a bow (switch equipment with veteran crossbow?)
Merc Stalker has a crossbow instead of a bow and is typically a infantry troop, maybe suboptimal for AI

Hope my field studies help you and I really hope I did not miss anything so all mercenary troop things are mentioned here in one post.

Thurak said:
Xprez said:
acehawk said:

that should work

Nope. It is not his installation. I checked my 604, 605 and newly downloaded 605 troops.txt and it is a "hard coded" bug. I will now go through my troops.txt and change it for vaegir_bowmen, archer, marksmen and master bowyers. Hope my savegame will take these changes... *cross fingers*, if not... well only another 30ingame days to waste :sad:.

I am also currently checking systematically the whole mercenaries troop trees. Some skill != equipment errors are still there, but those I post en block in a few days.

BTW: Love this mod, otherwise I would not trouble myself with this :smile:
srry to hear that it dint help, but ill hope ur method will work.

I'm having problems with NE crashing to desktop in battles. Unlike earlier in the thread, where a CTD is diagnosed to come from an old file, I'm rather new to this mod, having downloaded it for the latest version on saturday. I'm wondering if there's a way I can solve the issue, and begin to play NE without the bother of having to constantly reload after crashes and save my game before every battle. I'm running the beta version on 1.43 WB without steam on windows 7, if that helps anything.

Yes, I am getting that too.

It is only with the last couple of builds that I have started to notice it.

The current build seems especially prone to it.

Balla.  :sad:

Not at the start.

Occasionally I get a dozen or so red error messages on the map screen.

Black screens followed by CTD only happen in battles.
Sometimes immediately, more often 3/4 of the way through.

Balla.  :cool:

Ballacraine said:
Not at the start.

you probally have some files missing

are you using the cracked version?

Ballacraine said:
Not at the start.

This could be missing textures. Are you downloading the full NE version? Have you noticed any pattern at all? Can you reproduce a crash reliably, such as saving just before a battle that always crashes?

Xprez said:
Ballacraine said:
Not at the start.

you probally have some files missing

are you using the cracked version?

Certainly not!

Vanilla plays fine.

soulmata said:
Ballacraine said:
Not at the start.

This could be missing textures. Are you downloading the full NE version? Have you noticed any pattern at all? Can you reproduce a crash reliably, such as saving just before a battle that always crashes?

No, it was the universal patch.
Not really a pattern, as such. It usually plays OK for about 6 battles then crashes usually 3/4 way through a battle.
No, I haven't had a repeat, I tend to play differently from the previous save to prevent that.
I suspect, as you do it may be missing textures on troops.

Balla.  :???:

Back
Top Bottom