Bug Reports: 1.14

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I click the camp button the game crashes.  Every time.
That is odd.  What about reports or notes?  I can't think of anything about Camp that is special, offhand.  And is this when you hit the Camp button, or when you decide to rest?

[quote author=xenoargh]
Stuttering means you've hit your resource limits.[/quote]

I'll say!  The fact that all of my troops were either running with agi 200 or riding spd 90 horses probably didn't help much.    :twisted:
And just look at those files sizes!  Fraps kinda sucks, those are for ~2 min clips. :shock:
8a296666.jpg

My incident happened after reading Bael's recent report, so thought if it immediately.  Was thinking perhaps Bael had something running that wasn't considered in the analysis, cuz the rig listed is pretty darn decent... better than mine except I'm running a RAID 0 set for Vista.  Didn't have enough case room to do RAID 0 for WIn7 install, which sucks because it lacks the "snap".

Edit:

The morale punishment is easily overridden, it is like it doesn't "stick" - provided that your troop numbers are below the limits of troop leadership bonus.

OK, I've fixed several of the bugs, including some fairly silly ones with the tactical AI, but I've also had time to add some new features:

1. An option of "heroic health".  This gives you and all other troops the ability to gradually recover hitpoints.  It effects everybody equally, but it obviously favors the player a bit, in terms of single-handily taking on the enemy, so there will be a minor penalty for having it on, and it will be off by default.  But it makes stuff a wee bit more forgiving when scouting those pesky Rhodoks, etc., without making you remotely invulnerable.

2.  The morale / courage system has been totally recoded from the ground up.  It now takes the relative levels of the troops who've died into account, when factoring the change in everybody's courage scores, and no longer takes distance into account, and courage slowly returns over time if no violence is going on.  Low-level troops will tend to break much, much more easily than high-level ones will, and if you or your Companions die, the effect on the morale of your troops can be pretty big.  But the same thing happens when the Lords die, so it's basically even-ish.  On higher levels of difficulty, the likelihood of either side's troops breaking and running goes down a lot, which generally favors the AI's massive human-wave armies.

3.  Still working on the regional mercs.  What I'm thinking I'm going to do is that the regional mercs are the highest rank in the regional Bandit food-chain, so that Brigand players get access to them more often, and have a genuinely-useful end-troop for each type they can acquire, while everybody else can just get the top-end.  It will give the Brigand class more interest and make them more viable, imo (they're fairly hard to get going right now, and it's really hard to just use bandits, even leveled bandits, vs. Lords), and make all the armies more colorful (the Lords will occasionally hire regional mercs).  I just have to decide how to make each one unique and interesting and kit them up.

got some weird script error warning on screen, wasn't related to me as i was just moving around in open terrain

scripterror.jpg

Two bugs:
1) Party morale has issues, I didn't notice when it started but recent events no longer give any + to morale. I've killed 5 parties already and it's still 0 and it bugs me because it get my whole party morale to 0 and well my party is going apart. Max party size is 441 and I'm the barbarian so I just  thought that maybe that's the problem I read only that there are some drawbacks later in the game don't know what. and my leadership skill is 8. with a smaller party didn't have morale issues. 300+
2) I notices that I have no caravans either :grin:

Large parties will have morale problems.  It's just how it works.  Recent events actually do give some Morale bonuses, it just doesn't show in the report atm.

If you're a Barbarian, you get less bonus for a lot of things- you're a great warrior, but a poor leader.  You need to cut your party's size down until you don't have morale problems.

Indoor battles bug fixed.
You can now follow a friendly Group like in Native.
Various warning stuff in rgl log has been addressed by adding the relevant scripts.
MP Duel Mode is now supported.
Various superfluous economic code has been cut out.

Looks like there's still some bug with the Cattle quest, and I need to change the "attackers" script to have a proper label.

xenoargh said:
Stuttering means you've hit your resource limits.  It used to happen quite frequently to until 1.4 was released (I figured out what was wrong and fixed it).  Only way to solve that atm is to lower the battle size a bit.

I bit the bullet and lowered the battle size to the in-game maximum.  :cry: 

Hasn't hiccuped since.  Thanks mate.

Hi all
First of all great mod, well done guys  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But I do have some bugs to report:
1) I am playing as peasant revolutionary on very hard, i am on day 28 and the following things happened:
a) all tavern keepers disappeared
b) all items from marketplace disappeared, only things left in all 4 sections are female peasant clothes
2) My patrols attack my peasants,caravans and other patrols and so do my lords ( i had the same problem in other versions)

Also in the previous version (i was playing as peasant revolutionary on vh) a bug appeared after i autoresolved a siege that prevented me from entering my own towns, the only options i had was either to siege it or leave it, even after i recaptured the city nothing changed. I checked all my other save games and they seem to be alright.

Is there anything you could do to help me ?

Except for the Patrols attacking your peasants (which is a bug)... the other stuff sounds like engine issues, and you may want to delete the mod folder's contents and reinstall 1.14.

And the autoresolve bug was resolved in 1.14.  It was particular to the PR class.

xenoargh said:
Except for the Patrols attacking your peasants (which is a bug)... the other stuff sounds like engine issues, and you may want to delete the mod folder's contents and reinstall 1.14.

And the autoresolve bug was resolved in 1.14.  It was particular to the PR class.
will do tht tnx mate :grin:

Added spear-gun to Khergit arsenal.  Just wait for the other thing they get, though, I found some neato whacky stuff to give 'em that should, eh, help them with parity a bit  :twisted:

Not a bug, just a big freakin' Thank You for this mod.  I, and I'm sure there are many others, would be willing to donate via PayPal to support your continued efforts.  I had completely lost interest in Warband until I found your mod.  :cool:

Bael said:
Not a bug, just a big freakin' Thank You for this mod.  I, and I'm sure there are many others, would be willing to donate via PayPal to support your continued efforts.  I had completely lost interest in Warband until I found your mod.  :cool:

Yea, seriously Xeno, great work. Your dedication to bug squashing by yourself when some other mods struggle to make progress with entire crews is admirable.

You need a job on the dev team for M&B 2  :wink:

Azgad village I own it and it was under attack I went to help and after defeating the enemy I can't end the match and me reinforcements keep coming in and right when all of them came out I alt tabbed to report it here and the game crashed. But the helping my villages that are being looted is an issue :smile:

That's fixed, I think.  I'll test it out before release.  Meanwhile, got the Destrier fixed- seems somebody over at Taleworlds renamed it, etc.- still checking for other BRF issues.

Muahaha,

I have figured out how to not only give us functonal bastard swords, but allow for half-swording for zweihanders that changes their attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom