Bug Reports: 1.135

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much a bug, but an oddity. I ran into a Patrol with 519 members. They were of various types, so probably had accumulated by freeing prisoners, etc. Please don't "fix" that because having to be wary of Monster Patrols is kinda fun.  :cool:

There's another bug.

I noticed that when you attempt to auto sell your slaves at a tavern, that you won't get the full value of all your slaves or you'll only get the value of the FIRST slave in the lineup, however, this seems to only be happening to be in cities that is owned by a faction that is at war with me. Not sure if it's exclusive to the Peasant Revolutionary and/or the Casual difficulty.

@xenoargh: The description implied that you haven't taken any action against the lords or the kings yet, or perhaps I haven't read that fully.

I noticed that when you attempt to auto sell your slaves at a tavern, that you won't get the full value of all your slaves or you'll only get the value of the FIRST slave in the lineup, however, this seems to only be happening to be in cities that is owned by a faction that is at war with me. Not sure if it's exclusive to the Peasant Revolutionary and/or the Casual difficulty.
I'll look at that.

Ok it is hard to describe but I have screenshots. It fixes when I alt tab out and back into the game.
mb3.jpg
mb2.jpg

Whoa! the second screenshot is trippy, yet cool!

I found another bug and the source of it all!

Show the Peasant revolutionary some love!

All the problems tied to start that way is because of FACTION RELATION issues.

Another issue is that when you submit to the weak monarchy and become a vassal, you STILL get attacked by your kingdom, even the one you pledged to!

It's faction relation. ALL OF IT! Even your kingdom must be fixated at -15 just like all the others, even if you help other nobles your faction alignment is still -15, And it seems that you've hardcoded it into the mod somehow, not even become a VASSAL changes it.

And you'll notice that when you reproduce the problem (by getting an independent kingdom then send an emissary to any kingdom to become a vassal, then wait for them to attack you.) You'll get 3 red lines, 2 of them saying some like (tirgger error: 24 conditions) something like that. That should help narrow it down.

But i'm telling you, all the problems stem from faction relations.

In the last version I couldn't figure out where all the caravan guards were coming from being there were no caravans in my game.  Well i figured it out and saw that all patrols use caravan mercs instead of faction troops (I never paid attention before). 

Is this intended?

xenoargh, keep it up. I love your work scheme release-bug catch-bug stomp-repeat, every *day.

Way off topic, but I had to say it.

OK, PR bugs seem to be fixed.  Your Relation with your own Factions never change, and you're no longer able to offer yourself as a Vassal to the Kings (which closes a lot of bugs).

I looked at the selling-slaves issue... looks fine to me.  Anybody else able to reproduce that bug?

I was playing as a Barbarian, and I was trying to become a mercenary/vassal for the Nords. Every time I would ask for a quest from the Nords they would always tell me to go deliver a letter to a Vaegir lord. Then when I became a vassal I instantly got -3 to Nord's and they all started attacking me even though it still says I'm a vassal to them.

Interestingly enough (or not, I suppose), I was just coming here to report the exact same thing. Playing as barbarian, became vassal to the Nords, and my relation with them dropped to -3.

Jerv243 said:
Ok it is hard to describe but I have screenshots. It fixes when I alt tab out and back into the game.
mb3.jpg
mb2.jpg

Fairly certain that's not a B&S related bug.

I would guess either your game files became corrupt or your drivers are failing or your GPU is dying/overheating.

I would try to do a clean install of your GPU drivers first, then try to reinstall M&B if it doesn't fix it.

Yup.  I didn't do anything to the World Map (well, in this next version I did, but not the one you guys are playing, heh).  That's an issue with your computer and the engine, pure and simple.

Yet another bug from the homeless peasant revolutionary... Hehehehe... Just kidding. But there is another bug.

When you ask any guildmaster about what the king thinks of your faction (as a peasant revolution or just being hated in general), it'll say "UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN" in speech.

To reproduce: Simply talk to a guildmaster about what a king thinks (this king has to have gone to war with you out of personal emnity) about your faction, and you'll see in the speech "UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN"

And i have another bug, it doesn't have anything to do about gameplay mechanics, but it's graphical, but there's two ways you can fix it.

The double barrel Flintlock pistol, it has twine in it's model that in theory, one would have to burn to ignite the gunpowder loaded in the gun.

Now there's 1 problem with that. That's how Matchlock pistols work.

2 ways to fix that.

1 modify the model to take out the combustible twine.

2. Simply rename it to "Double Barrel Matchlock Pistol"

And also, you have 2 items with duplicated names but different stats.

There are two different items named "Heavy Bastard Sword"
1 sword has a 130c damage swing attack and has a black hilt
1 sword has a 120c damage swing attack and has a brown hilt

I may be hitting this mod hard but it's because I care.  :wink:

Some of the Lords will have an age of -5, it's not a big issue though.

Also while I don't think this is an actual bug; I think the Vaegir troops should not be given the Bronze and Steel plate armor sets as recruits(or even at all).  The armor rating that it is given causes almost every blow by a non-two handed weapon to be a glancing blow. I've had entire armies wiped out simply because they couldn't do any damage to them.

Edit:

Also, the quests to find a bandit hideout appear to be bugged. I've been given a quest to destroy a mountain bandit layer, but it has never shown up on the world map.

There are plenty of ways to defeat the Vaegir, I can assure you :smile:

The age thing is a minor bug arising from a previous attempt to fix the Ladies.  I'll fix that here in a minute.

Finding lairs has always been pretty hard.  I'll check and see if there's something new in Module System that may have changed the behavior, though.

xenoargh said:
There are plenty of ways to defeat the Vaegir, I can assure you :smile:

Yes, I know I've done it. I'm just wondering why the recruits and possibly the regulars have such high quality armor.

MrManNo1 said:
Interestingly enough (or not, I suppose), I was just coming here to report the exact same thing. Playing as barbarian, became vassal to the Nords, and my relation with them dropped to -3.

Yep, I reported this same thing in 1.12. I'll be glad to see it fixed, it's annoying :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom