Bug Reports - 0.95pre7

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says that it cant find mesh custom_player_surcoat_over_mail ?
sorry in advance if some one has already answered this question.

Sulli said:
I was told (a couple of pages back) that the mesh does not exist, which is annoying.

Fortier said:
Sulli said:
I was told (a couple of pages back) that the mesh does not exist, which is annoying.
Could we possibly use a mesh from a normal surcoat ?

Sulli said:
Fortier said:
Sulli said:
Maybe? I honestly have no idea. If you manage to find a fix though, I would appreciate a PM.

Fortier said:
Sulli said:
Fortier said:
Sulli said:
Maybe? I honestly have no idea. If you manage to find a fix though, I would appreciate a PM.

FAQ

Q. I have the custom player surcoat and the custom player horse but the surcoat is white and the horse is black...
A. These are placeholder textures for you to overwrite with a design of your own or one of the existing rnd_*.dds textures.  The surcoat texture filename is player_surcoat.dds, the horse covered_horse_player.dds and they are located in the module's Textures directory.

I've done that and it still does not work. I have replaced the custom horse and that functions properly. I have replaced the custom surcoat and I continue to receive the missing mesh error.

kaijui said:
probably not a bug, maybe my fault.... but when i was installign the enw version it says "i do not have the new version of M&B Warband installed, so i open up M&B and i see version 1.23 (forgot what it was but it is the new version) and so i installed again and clicked "install anyway" then i do the music thing and put that in.
This is just a bug with the mod installer, it thinks the newest is 1.113 and not 1.125.
Just disregard it for now and click install anyway until othr fixes it.

kaijui said:
now when im in game (only tried the north african faction citys) all the places like taverns and arenas are broken????
I'm afraid the north african and the arabian factions aren't really done yet so you will encounter allot of bugs when visiting scenes in these places.

Circinae said:
"Hello everyone,

I have big problems with running the mod. I had downloaded the installer and when I clicked on "run" I got the message that this mod is for M&B version 1.125 while I appear to have 1.110 version installed and that it most certainly won't work.

I proceeded with the installation anyways as I have updated my game ( on the starting screen it says that my version is 1.125) but the mod is not running good, I'm having giant lags and CPU usage is over the roof."
The reason you are having "giant lags" is because the mod has alot of scripts for every faction to run allmost constantly so for now you will get a small stutter every time you move every 2-3 seconds.
This is something everyone gets and seems not to be related to your cpu or gpu power.

For the people having crashes, please post info about it here.

Herr_Thomas said:
-Archer/s/crossbowmen arrows/bolts fall short when the ai is skirmishing

Line 3 Cavalry ******************
Line 2 infantry ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Line 1 Archers @@@@@@@@@@@@

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

/\/\/\/\/\/\ = where the arrows fall

The archers shoot but the arrows fall short for both sides, remembering seeing arrow air drag or something in a CFG TXT file
Kind of annoying when they just sit there and HIT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. hehe

Fortier said:
Sulli said:
Fortier said:
Sulli said:

me too

Herr_Thomas said:
-Archer/s/crossbowmen arrows/bolts fall short when the ai is skirmishing

/\/\/\/\/\/\ = where the arrows fall

The archers shoot but the arrows fall short for both sides, remembering seeing arrow air drag or something in a CFG TXT file
Kind of annoying when they just sit there and HIT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. hehe
Yeah i think there's an issue with the ai archers where they think they can hit stuff farther away than they actually can.
I know othr has messed around abit with the bow and crossbow stats so it might be possible that that makes the arrows go not as far but the ai still thinks it uses the old values.
Perhaps the ai needs to be updated with the new ranges.

Though this is all conjecture for my part as i don't really know how the archer ai functions.

The mod wont even start for me. It goes to the new character selection screen(as in the screen just before you pick your characters traits). I am using the latest DL version with the newest warband patch, win XP 64.

Echoic said:
Macroi said:
Circinae said:
"Hello everyone,

I have big problems with running the mod. I had downloaded the installer and when I clicked on "run" I got the message that this mod is for M&B version 1.125 while I appear to have 1.110 version installed and that it most certainly won't work.

I proceeded with the installation anyways as I have updated my game ( on the starting screen it says that my version is 1.125) but the mod is not running good, I'm having giant lags and CPU usage is over the roof."

I have a similar problem.  Ran the installer and it says that the "Mod is for M&B version 1.125 and current version is "unknown".  Do I wish to install anyway?"  Well, since my current version is 1.125,  I install anyway.  All seems to go well with the install.  Game starts up fine until I click "start a new game" - then I get a runtime error and everything crashes. 

Error message says "This application has requested the Runtime to end it in an unusual way". 

I thought there might be a conflict with another mod somewhere so I completely uninstalled game and reinstalled it fresh via steam.  Updated to 1.125 - still exactly the same issue.  I don't get it. 

Any ideas?

I have the exact same problem ... also Steam 1.125 no other mods installed

I solved it by going to Taleworlds website and downloading a fresh Mount and Blade: Warband (it's in the download section) and saving it to my hard drive.  Then run the installer like normal.  No problem whatsoever.  The issue must have something to do with steam.

Fortier said:
I've done that and it still does not work. I have replaced the custom horse and that functions properly. I have replaced the custom surcoat and I continue to receive the missing mesh error.
Yup same thing im a try to copy the mesh from a normal surcoat

:grin: :grin: It worked  :grin: :grin:

it just looks like crap  :grin: hahaha ill work on it and send you the folders/instructions if u want send me a pm
i dont know how to upload photos but i made it my profile picture if anyone wants to see it

Sulli said:
Fortier said:
Yup same thing im a try to copy the mesh from a normal surcoat

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: It worked  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
it just looks like crap  :grin: hahaha ill work on it and send you the folders/instructions if u want

me too!

as i said before the crash is fixed by enabling "load texture on demand" in the video setting of the launcher, maybe you unchecked it but it's on by default that's why it fix when you reinstall

After winning an ocean battle against the Danes, I was unable to capture any prisoners or loot any equipment. Is this because it is meant to be lost at sea ? or are you meant to be able to loot and capture after sea battles? There were quite a lot of the enemy wounded as i was using a blunt weapon.

Also it appears the Danish castle Swinebourough is inaccesable. (I know the map is WIP so its just an FYI, if you didnt already know.)

When seiging brandenburg, there is no siege tower (though you have to build one to assault it) and some of the enemy spawn outside the castle. You end up charging up a side enterance to the castle through a broken down door, is this intentional? if so, would it be possible to spawn in front of the door so that you know that you can get in and that it is not a bug?

When the enemy attacks brandenburg they dont actually attack and just wait outside where they spawn,.

NPC 17 17 gives wrong conversation when engaging in battle. He uses the start of battle conversation when I choose if Capture or Release after battle.

EDIT: Also, Braganca (Iberian castle) is unreachable.

Hi, been lurking on these boards awhile, and I've been enjoying this mod (.95pre7, warband ver 1.125), but I've encountered these issues relating to troop formations:

The new formation that the troops default to when told to hold position causes issues when an individual group, like just infantry or just archers, is told to hold position on their own. Namely, they position the center of their formation not on the "hold position" flag I've put down, but put themselves at a position relative to the flag as they do when setting up with the full troop alignment.

That's a little convoluted, so let me explain this way: The standard set up seems to have the archers ten paces forward and to the left, while the infantry are ten paces back and to the right, of the hold-position flag. Ordered alone, the infantry will still stand ten paces back and to the right of the hold-flag, meaning I have to do some dead reckoning of where they'll end up whenever I tell them to hold alone.

In the middle of combat, this gets difficult, and I frequently lose all my archers because I've miscalculated where I just told them to go. Furthermore, when I get it right and the archers are protected by the infantry, the archers walk backwards for a considerable distance when enemies come into close quarters, even though the enemy is engaging the infantry and not the archers. They often go as far as the edge of the map, but without retreating (or turning around), as you would expect if they were behaving as having been routed.

EDIT: Sorry about that, found the 'dissasemble formations' button in another thread. Now I feel stupid. I did search, but I must have set the it to search the entire forum by accident, thus giving the impression that it couldn't find what I was looking for (or something. I did search, but I screwed it up is the short version. I do feel silly now).

Also, the advance ten paces command sends troops advancing all the way to the opposite edge of the map, which recently got my archers butchered (again) by some deserter spearmen.

Therefore, it would be nice if we could turn this new formation setup off in the Mod Options menu of the mod window and just work with the native setup for ordering troops about, at least until the troops can be relied on to go where they're told.

And the save-crash bug you mention in the FAQ? the solution you gave of setting the game to run in compatibility mode for windows XP (I only see system pack 2, not 3), and visiting the interior of a town before you save does work, but only if I've not been playing very long. Because of how enjoyable this mod is, I forget to save that often, and I've lost a full afternoon's worth of play about four times now (even with the compatibility mode and the town-visiting). I would rank this as even more frustrating than the "not-really-spearmen" bug. I don't suppose you've gotten any closer to fixing that for the next version, have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom