[BUG]Projectiles Not Getting Removed From Ladders

Users who are viewing this thread

nice find. Ill add to list. Can you get a picture? Also, does it happen on every map every time? And does it happen with all projectiles, or just some?

arrows and bolts, not sure if throwing weapon also. on old castle and village (i haven't played 0.614 yet) so on every map with moveable ladders.

Guys, I think the projectiles are part of graphics of the map. I think they are there from the beginning and whent he ladder goes up (or down) they are still stuck in them. I'm not sure regular projectiles would do that. This is probably no glitch.

Jadintosh said:
Guys, I think the projectiles are part of graphics of the map. I think they are there from the beginning and whent he ladder goes up (or down) they are still stuck in them. I'm not sure regular projectiles would do that. This is probably no glitch.
Err, no. I remember quite well there being no projectiles being in a ladder at the start of a map. However, when throwing seven javelins into a ladder and the round ending, there they are again.

No, there's projectiles on the sides of all the moveable ladders. They only appear when the ladder is in position though; I dunno whether it's because the ladder is swapped out on the fly for a different (fixed) model or they're simply hidden in the ground before you put the ladder up.

I've been wondering about this too. I know the arrows in the mantlet at the front are just props. The ones on the ladder definitely aren't there when it does up, but they seem to appear in subsequent rounds. Whether this is to do with them being actual arrows shot by archers or whether they're props, I have no idea. I'd suggest checking in a game where the attacker only has crossbowmen. That should clear it up.

The map does load with (apparently) random projectiles already stuck in the ladders.  I see this all the time.  I doubt they hold over from previous rounds, though; I've never experienced that.

I have run into this problem quite a bit. You cannot remove projectiles (throwing included) from any siege, including the siege tower.

I think it has something to do with the fact that when you're standing on it, the "use" box doesn't come up, but it's still in the foreground. Just a guess, though :]

In the khergit siege map (can't remember the name) the blots and arrows as well as the throwing weapons don't disappear from the ladders after a new round starts.

Broodwarcd said:
In the khergit siege map (can't remember the name) the blots and arrows as well as the throwing weapons don't disappear from the ladders after a new round starts.

so does this still occur in .615?

Back
Top Bottom