Need More Info [Bug] Player kingdom randomly declares war on other factions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Waybook

Sergeant
Player kingdom randomly declares war on other factions. This also happened without any vassals. The war declaration happens at random times, even when I'm just traveling on the map. The war declaration message clearly says that my kingdom was the one that declared war.

Bug is still present in e1.0.8.

do u have companion led parties? maybe they start looting villages. Or some peasants or caravans get attacked by some lord and ur realm automatically declares war on them for that. I noticed this, too and its very annoying. i also get declared war on pretty often. Way too often imo.

I think this is due to the conspiracy quest

No.... other kingdoms declare wars wild on themselves, too. Like every day a new war. This is not only because of the conspiracy quest, which anyway has still some progess to be made in my game. There are way too many war declarations right now. Very annoying

In Warbands war took much longer to resolve and it was rare that one kingdom was attacked by 3 realms. In bannerlords wars are quick and within days a faction has lost nearly all of its fiefs. War with several factions happens often and empires chain wars, theres often only few days of peace. Way too aggressive and random for my taste. 1 or 2 realms dominate pretty fast and then they send 1k army stacks around to steamroll other factions.

What im missing from Warbands mostly is that faction often get satisfied with taking one town and call the war off, making peace and staying at peace for a while before going to war again. This was much more relaxed.

Last edited:
I did some testing and for me this occurred when I picked up my companion after he was released.

Details: While I was still part of another faction, I had 2 parties with companions that would go around raiding etc. After forming my own kingdom, we were fighting and one of them got captured. After being released, I picked him up and soon after that war was declared.

Now, it should say that the other faction is declaring war on my kingdom, not my kingdom declaring war on them. That (IMO) is the bug here.

-geezer

i had some declarations of war by my realm and also by other realms on me with all my companions inside my army. only 1 companion in a caravan running around.
I doubt that its only about companions, as other realms have wars frequently, seemingly without much cause. They need to implement a casus belli system like in ck2 to both reduce expansion and have wars more predictable and interactive. Right now its a free-for-all with no rules and limits no alliances and no rational ai behaviour. Imagine u have a bunch of trigger-happy lords as vassals and they declare on a whim. U just need stronger neighbours and the chaos is perfect.

Last edited:
I did another test - for mine I got him back into my party, but immediately dismissed him. Been playing a while now with no war declaration. There might be multiple issues here, but for mine I think it is this particular companion who had most likely raided that faction earlier.

can a companion just go and randomly raid any neutral settlement they want ?
i also having this issue where player kingdom randomly declares wars with AI kingdom

Same here, happening a lot, I pay 60k for peace after a random war declaration, and not even 5 minute after that, new war declaration which mean peace is breakable at any time which make no ****ing sense :grin:

Same here, happening a lot, I pay 60k for peace after a random war declaration, and not even 5 minute after that, new war declaration which mean peace is breakable at any time which make no ****ing sense :grin:

u could pay somewhat less if u win 1 or 2 notable battles first, in my experience

u could pay somewhat less if u win 1 or 2 notable battles first, in my experience
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... and as I said in an other thread, I once defeated at least 4000 from 5000 (maybe more) battanian soldiers by fighting them for a whole day hoping to weaken them enough to capture a castle. After that, I got bored with the auto-realese system which does not allow you to refuse a ransom offer for a prisoner (my plan was to capture enough of them to be able to lay a long siege without any an army coming to help the city). So I offered them peace expecting to get at least get a castle since I was destroying them for 7 hours : they offered me 3 horses.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom