[Bug] Overriding equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Rongar

Master Knight
I slightly unsure is it a bug or an intended feature. But if it is intended it works incorrect.

Overriding may happen in  multiround scenarios (battle, siege) if player survives at the end of a round.

It happened for me with horses, melee weapon and partially ammo.

I started as infantry caught a saddle horse and managed to survive and in the next round I was on saddle horse.

I had a spear, threw it away, picked up battle axe and in the next round I had battle axe instead of spear. It may be a feature, but then player should get notice about it.

I started as horseman and had a hunter. It was killed, I mounted saddle horse and in the next round I was on saddle horse. (that’s why I think it is a bug)

‘Cause it not that easy two test such thing I still don’t know what happens if player is out of ammo and fill his/her slots with foreigner ammo or melee weapons. But then I had free slot and I picked up throwing axe I got five of them in the next round seems for free.

I havee noticed this, too.
and also, if you change faction when you are alive, you wil also bring your equipments with you!

It is correct and intentional. You keep what you pick up. If you dont want it, dont pick it up. It is so that people can get better equipment off of the ground and not be respawned with worse equipment that they started with. However, it does have problems where you pick up something out of desperation and have no way of getting rid of it. I suppose it is realistic in that regard though.

Darkness said:
It is correct and intentional. You keep what you pick up. If you dont want it, dont pick it up. It is so that people can get better equipment off of the ground and not be respawned with worse equipment that they started with. However, it does have problems where you pick up something out of desperation and have no way of getting rid of it. I suppose it is realistic in that regard though.
Isn't that why there's a "drop" key? :razz:

Archonsod said:
Darkness said:
Isn't that why there's a "drop" key? :razz:

Yeah, the only problem is you have to drop it before the round ends. If you are the person who ends the round (kills the last guy) you get no chance to drop the item you grabbed out of desperation for your real stuff. Like, if im an archer and I run out of arrows. So instead I grab some throwing spears off the ground. I kill the last guy with those throwing spears. Bam. Suddenly new round starts with me with throwing spears and no arrows :sad:

So thats the only problem with this method.

> you get no chance to drop the item you grabbed out of desperation for your real stuff.
There are a few seconds for that =)

>So thats the only problem with this method.
Yes, that is. That I meant then wrote that it “works incorrect”.

Archonsod said:
You don't need to.

If your horse dies and you pick a saddle horse from the field. I certainly wish I would respawn on my courser or warhorse and not the saddle horse.

Perhaps a modification to this would be that whatever you pick up gets added to your available inventory as a freebie? Then you can change to it manually if its good, and ignore it if its crap?

MaHuD said:
And you cant dismount in those 3 seconds.
Are you sure that those seconds are 3? There is no timer at that moment.

Wouldnt You Like to Know said:
Perhaps a modification to this would be that whatever you pick up gets added to your available inventory as a freebie? Then you can change to it manually if its good, and ignore it if its crap?
Probably all we need here is to see in buy screen no bought items but owned ones.

Darkness said:
If your horse dies and you pick a saddle horse from the field. I certainly wish I would respawn on my courser or warhorse and not the saddle horse.

As far as I know, you don't. I think it will purchase the warhorse rather than the saddle horse if you've got the money, because it sees it as an upgrade to what you currently have.

Wouldnt You Like to Know said:

Hmm, well, it still wouldnt solve the problem I don't think. Because even if it set to free until death. You would still spawn with it and be stuck with the crap for at least 1 round in which time you could go into your inventory and re-select the item you wanted.

I am not sure whether mechanics was changed since it stated topic. But last time it was really bugged.

As nord veteran I spawned with Old Round Shield (2nd slot) and Voulge (3rd slot).
picked up Heater Shield
dropped Old Round Shield
picked up 2-3 throwing axes
thrown them all
next round I stated with pack of 5 axes, 2 shields (Old Round Shield and Heater Shield) and no Voulge.

Orion said:
Darkness said:

As far as I know, you don't. I think it will purchase the warhorse rather than the saddle horse if you've got the money, because it sees it as an upgrade to what you currently have.
Indeed, purchase. If he would not be on that borrowed saddle horse he would re spawn with his courser for free.

This could be easily solved if it would just show your current equipment in the equipment screen and give you the option to drop it and rebuy old equipment.

Back
Top Bottom