[BUG]Duplicating Items in Battle Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

If you have free equipment slots and drop an item (I tested with a shield), pick it up again and survive the round you may get two of the very same item without paying for the extra. It doesn't seem to be working like this every time, though.

I think I remember seeing something like that awhile ago but I chocked it up to me just not paying close enough attention to what I was picking up. I figured they ironed that bit out. Earlier in the beta people used to always chuck axes on the ground and pick them back up, I believe for this very purpose.

Just another testament to how buggy the "pick up equipment" system is.

It's not a bug. You keep any equipment you're carrying at the end of the round, unless you overwrite the slot it's held in with a new equipment purchase. If you have a spare slot you can use it to duplicate a weapon, bearing in mind a) you pay for the "new" weapon and b) it'd be pointless. If you don't have a free slot it'll overwrite whichever slot you emptied to pick it up.

Which is actually very neat feature if you join a battle, ehm, mid-battle. Spawn with just armour, pick up weapons and perhaps a horse during a round and you're set for the next.

Archonsod said:
It's not a bug. You keep any equipment you're carrying at the end of the round, unless you overwrite the slot it's held in with a new equipment purchase. If you have a spare slot you can use it to duplicate a weapon, bearing in mind a) you pay for the "new" weapon and b) it'd be pointless. If you don't have a free slot it'll overwrite whichever slot you emptied to pick it up.

I see. So if I have a sword and a shield:

I can first drop the shield
Then pick up any old throwing weapon sitting on the ground
Then pick the shield back up
And lastly drop the throwing weapon that was in the shield's slot,

I'd end up with experiencing the "duplicate shield" effect. Makes perfect sense.

I still say there needs to be a system in place that gives the player greater control over his inventory slots between battles. There was a good discussion or two about that going on awhile ago.

Here's the one I remember best:
A tiny change to how you pick up weapons off the ground

Johnny Morphine said:
I can first drop the shield
Then pick up any old throwing weapon sitting on the ground
Then pick the shield back up
And lastly drop the throwing weapon that was in the shield's slot,

I'd end up with experiencing the "duplicate shield" effect. Makes perfect sense.
It's no different from simply adding another shield in the equipment screen. You'll still pay for the additional one.

Back
Top Bottom