Brytenwalda, Polished Landscapes & Graphic Submod

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello there fellow fans of the Brytenwalda mod for Mount&Blade: Warband. In this thread I would to discuss the compatibility of these two submod/additions to this already great mod. I will also be wanting feedback from anyone who has anything to say in regards to what is said.

1.) Brytenwalda: Should we get these submods for the mod when it's great as it is?

My response to this question is a definite yes! Although I have neither installed, I still support these additions to the game with all my heart. Though I do have to share my concern with others who have voiced their opinions on a few matters.

The Graphic Mod Pack is truly great, although the most common error that is shared with anyone who's downloaded it is 'get_object failed for mesh: skybox_clean(r)_08 error', there have been some attempts to help those who have encountered this problem. After searching my files whenever I have tried to test it, the file seems to be missing. Hopefully, this will be changed soon enough. No pressure to the creator's to fix it as soon as possible.

Polished landscapes also seems to make the experience of this mod all the more better, but it's the same problem as before as the Graphic Mod Pack. After having tried to install it, everything seems buggy. It looks nothing at all like the screenshots shown. I've tried tweaking files, but the same result as before happens. Trees are flat, paper-esque in a sense. Trees on the map appear as they do on the battlefield. Skybox is constantly acting up.

2.) Is there anyway to solve this problem, easily enough that those who are trying to use these submods don't have to stress out or get frustrated with it and give up?

Sure, plenty of ways this can be done. Get in contact with the Mods on the issue or -try- reading the walkthroughs again. Though, I'm sure we'd all just prefer the first attempt of dragging the files into the corresponding folders and being done with it.  :smile:

Another solution would be to do this: Having two downloaders when the next patch is released. One with the regular Brytenwalda and the other with the submods already added. Although this is much more complicated and likely harder on our glorious Lord's of the Mod, it would be a godsend to those of us who aren't as skilled in the department of editing files and changing files. Or, even better would be to get someone from the Forum to do this.

titus1 made an attempt at this, making a torrent: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186127.75.html

The above link leads to the thread with his post relating to the torrent, scroll down until you see his post.

Having these two downloads would be a great addition, providing one for those who's computers cannot handle these additions and those that can.

Thanks.

When i've downloaded them before and added that seemed to be the problem, working with a friend who's good with these things to try and fix polished landscapes or atleast come up with a solution. So far, it's been a trial and error.. Hopefully we'll find something of use -_-

Go in Module/Brytenwalda/Data, and open Skybox then search for skybox_clean_08  and replace by skybox_clean_02 .  You'll keep the other skies of the pack then. 

Posted by: Shad90

Solution for the Graphic Mod Pack, for any trying to get it fixed. Then once it's done, just add it like you would before.

Back
Top Bottom