Brother skills

Users who are viewing this thread

JunkMaksimur

Recruit
Was the campaign brother character nerfed at some point? I recall being able to choose his stats and attributes. Now he has preallocated stats, attributes, and perks. Frankly he has come out rather badly. What happened? I don't have auto allocate clan perks on.

Yes. You can now customize your brother's perks via the arena master, though.

He was definitely way more useful and powerful as a blank slate but it always seemed like an unintended quirk to me, given that he was the only character in the game like that unless you found wanderers before the game allocated their stats.

Yes. You can now customize your brother's perks via the arena master, though.

He was definitely way more useful and powerful as a blank slate but it always seemed like an unintended quirk to me, given that he was the only character in the game like that unless you found wanderers before the game allocated their stats.
Well... every other family member is like that (in regards to stats and perks), just more slowly drawn out if they are born into the clan.

The biggest difference I see was that he was not really a blank slate, as he had a ton of skills already leveled up. He had a lot of redundant overlapping ones, sure. (you cannot wield a two handed weapon and a one handed weapon and a bow and a crossbow and a polearm all at the same time, but the governing related perks on several different skills can overlap quite nicely).

Because of the high combat abilities I assumed the developers changed to pre-allocated his stats on purpose. My most recent one had a rather even distribution of stats, so 4-5 in every one :cry:

The biggest difference I see was that he was not really a blank slate, as he had a ton of skills already leveled up. He had a lot of redundant overlapping ones, sure. (you cannot wield a two handed weapon and a one handed weapon and a bow and a crossbow and a polearm all at the same time, but the governing related perks on several different skills can overlap quite nicely).
Even the weapon skills have a lot of perks that are useful regardless of what weapons you're wielding at the moment, so they're not redundant.

Yeah brother was almost like 2 characters in-one perks wise, if you set him up well. Now he's more like other lords. I think it'd be cool if you could choose a background that gave you different siblings with different skill sets, or even an option to just start with him more of a clean slate. Options are good! Of course I think the some thing for MC too, the backgrounds often give wasted points I don't need unless I very particular. I would like to more finely spend my points.

Back
Top Bottom