Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
Xbox Series X
Graphics mode
Performance
Summary: I have just created an army of ~380 troops. We are Vlandians at my recently captured Quyaz, and are about to go defend a castle being besieged to the east. 2 other armies join us and the game crashes on the way. It crashes in the same place every time, and I cannot continue the campaign I've been playing since console release. This is unacceptable given the amount of time the game has been in development, and makes me regret buying it for console. I've wasted all the hours I've spent playing, and now after all that work the save is ruined. (I've waited 2 years to play by the way, astounded that there are STILL game-breaking bugs on a VANILLA campaign.)

How to Reproduce: Idk, play the game? Why is this a question? Want me to detail my entire 15+ hour playthrough? You guys need to look at the save file. Why isn't that an option anywhere? What is this debugging process?

This is a very vanilla campaign. I've done sidequests in nearly every Vlandian town, and raised my relationship with pretty much all Vlandian nobles to where they gave me Quyaz and the surrounding castles immediately after capture and declaring myself as vassal.
I had just returned from Ostican if that's relevant. I made two long trips between Quyaz and Ostican courting the lady up there. Then she magically teleported to Quyaz (like immediately, way faster than I could ride there), which seemed strange, but maybe it was a QoL adjustment you guys did to make her easier to talk to. Idk. I talked to her at Quyaz, got her to agree to have her parents decide whether we should marry, and then saved at Quyaz. That's the last save I have, and the game crashes every time I load it within about 30-40 seconds.

Other details: this happened after enjoying some peacetime between Aserai and Vlandia. Aserai declared war while I was up near Ostican, I began making my way back. When I was near Charas, I saw a notification saying Aserai was offering to make peace, I tried clicking on it and it disappeared. Don't know if that's relevant, but it disappeared and I was never able to make peace with them.

I will try reloading a previous save tonight, but I'll lose about 2 hours of playtime, and crashes had begun increasing in frequency a while before this so I'm not confident in the stability of longer campaigns. First day was great, one crash in about 8 hours. Second day, one crash 2 hours in, then another, then another, then another, then another, and now it is unplayable.

Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Can't record a capture of a crash, but there's not much to show. I move my army to the east, we walk for a few seconds, the game crashes to home screen. I have reset the console multiple times, and after experiencing the same crash about 8 times, I gave up.

Last edited:
We are sorry to see that you are experiencing this issue. We need some details regarding the crash. Could you answer the questions below?
1) Are there two separate crashes? One is on the siege and one being after the load of your last save?
2) Is the crash happening on the campaign map or after the game loads into the siege/combat phase?
3) When you load your crashing save, is the game crashing even when you don't have any input to the game? As in if you wait and the game crash automatically?

1) Are there two separate crashes? One is on the siege and one being after the load of your last save?
Sorry, it was probably confusing. There's only one crash. I load this save and then march and it crashes after a few seconds. The other info is just to add context if it's at all helpful.
2) Is the crash happening on the campaign map or after the game loads into the siege/combat phase?
The crash is happening on the campaign map, I am unable to get into any combat or siege phase before it occurs. The save is just me leaving Quyaz, a short distance away from the city (right after I succeeded the final speech check with the lady that teleported there from Ostican), I then leave and march and it crashes.
3) When you load your crashing save, is the game crashing even when you don't have any input to the game? As in if you wait and the game crash automatically?
I just tested this and no, the game doesn't crash until I attempt to move. Then it moves for 10 - 30 seconds, music skips and then it crashes to homescreen.

I reloaded a previous save before I was courting the lady in Ostican and before the war with Aserai was declared, and now it runs very stable. I instead courted another lady more close-by, and everything has worked fine since. I'm not sure what the issue was, but it appeared to be something with the marriage proposal and the previous lady glitching out and teleporting from Ostican to Quyaz before she even agreed to marry. I only did the first speech check up in Ostican, and then she teleported down to Quyaz. Everything else seemed pretty normal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom