broken camp menu

Users who are viewing this thread

On a new game (tested multiple times) camping works fine up until you build a refuge  if you try to camp after building a refuge it moves your refuge location to wherever you are currently at and deducts 1000 penings even if you have under 1000. therefor rendering the ability to camp normally impossible.

Actually, I'm having a worse camp issue.  I get so far into the game (10 days or so) and all of a sudden when I try to camp for the night "Wait here" it builds me a refuge (even if I cant afford it - it just subtracts whatever I have left).  From there on out if I try to sleep anywhere "wait here" in a town, refuge, monastery etc. it wakes me up every hour or so.  I have to spend a fortune to get decent night sleep.  If I try to camp elsewhere it builds me another refuge, takes all my money and makes my last refuge disappear.  Since not getting any rest at night lowers morale drastically this bug makes the game unplayable if it were the only one, but there are many more.

To make matters worse I can't hire a boat anymore to travel from one town to the other.  Once I get the camp glitch I get another glitch that causes transport ships to leave with my money but without me and my troops.  So the glitches start compounding.

As for the hotfix, it only introduced the "ferry glitch" mentioned elsewhere - you get a horse instead of a ferry to ride across the waters.  I still get the same CTD every 30 minutes or so when entering or exiting a town that I had before the hotfix.  Essentially the hotfix did not fix anything for me - the game remains unplayable.

Although I love Brytenwalda and love the historicity of VC there are just too many game breaking bugs.  My computer loads Skyrim in 2 seconds or less, can handle all the top video settings with over a hundred mods running scripts and once without a v-sync tear or a stutter.  It's not my hardware getting overloaded - its VC's terrible programming that's the problem here.

I can't camp at all. It just builds a refuge instead of a camp (even though I don't have 30 men to build it), charges me 1000. Breaks game. I have to cheat to give me 1000 back.

yep, same here. the strange thing is that my previous version that
wasn't updated to the last build 1.63, was free of that bug.
when i update, this morning, this bug poped-up.

the good thing is that the insane speed in battles disapeared :smile:

Thank you all guys,
As I answer here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320490.0/topicseen.html (pleas try to find if the bug has been already reported). We think is related to use alt+tab. It would be helpful if you can confirm that you used it right before the bug.

No, never used alt+tab in-game. However, when launching game, if you skip the intros it does reveal the desktop as each new intro loads. Related? Also posted in other thread.

Never used alt-tab ever in game.  My bug is not similar to the post in the other thread that you mention.  For example, taking a ship does not fix it because as soon as I get that bug I cannot pay for passage to another town (the transport boat leaves without me every time I try to hire it).  Also, I do not need to build a refuge and destroy it to set it off.  When I start a new game everything runs smoothly.  Sometime after I recruit Reginald this bug pops up and basically forces me to ditch that game and start over (I always play "realistic no quitting without saving" so I can't just load a game before the bug appeared.

Back
Top Bottom