Britain 1297 [Original thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Don Doggy & attackrat - when I use DX7 the same happens with native weapons so whether the new ones will be that bad for you, I don't know.

@ Prince Zanyr - I use the AVG free version, haven't had any problems with it since downloading it.

@ Elenmare - Cheers mate, hopefully you'll have as much fun leading a party of Highlanders as I have recently :razz:

-Peter- said:
The initial version of the mod should be finished by tomorrow for anyone who's interested.

Gonna take that statement back as for some reason the map or the map placements won't work so it looks like I'm gonna have to re-do it :s

-Peter- said:
@ Don Doggy & attackrat - when I use DX7 the same happens with native weapons so whether the new ones will be that bad for you, I don't know.

That'll do, I suppose. I can deal with dull gray sword-shaped things: just so long as it's not the weird glossy-black-weapons bug we had going in the early .900 releases.

Great looking mod! Just a quick question, will I be able to play on 1.003?  Thanks and good luck with the mod!

Sir_Owen said:
Great looking mod! Just a quick question, will I be able to play on 1.003?  Thanks and good luck with the mod!

Cheers but na, it'll be for 1.011 (if I ever fix this seemingly invisible map problem...)

Updated the first post with ->

In need of map help!

Basically, whenever I try to load my mod with the new map it freezes at "Initializing map..." and basically stops running. I've double checked through the map and parties file and haven't found anything myself, however if anyone has dealt with this before or any sort of map I'd be grateful if you could check over the files to see if you can spot any faults. I'd be VERY grateful as this has had me confused and frustrated for days.

Reason being, I'm getting quite desperate with the map as I've now re-done the map twice and have had the same problem throughout. I have a feeling it's a problem with module_parties.py/parties.txt as a lot's been changed however after looking through it I've not found any problems. I don't have much experience working with scripts so, if anyone does and think they can have a go at checking through the map and parties files, please let me know.

-Peter- said:
Sir_Owen said:

Cheers but na, it'll be for 1.011 (if I ever fix this seemingly invisible map problem...)

Updated the first post with ->

In need of map help!

Basically, whenever I try to load my mod with the new map it freezes at "Initializing map..." and basically stops running. I've double checked through the map and parties file and haven't found anything myself, however if anyone has dealt with this before or any sort of map I'd be grateful if you could check over the files to see if you can spot any faults. I'd be VERY grateful as this has had me confused and frustrated for days.

Reason being, I'm getting quite desperate with the map as I've now re-done the map twice and have had the same problem throughout. I have a feeling it's a problem with module_parties.py/parties.txt as a lot's been changed however after looking through it I've not found any problems. I don't have much experience working with scripts so, if anyone does and think they can have a go at checking through the map and parties files, please let me know.

Hey buddy, since your giving me some Scottish items to let me release my mod I oughta help you release yours, send me the trouble files and I'll have a go at em. You go grab yourself a beer and flip me that PM while your at it, just don't forget that itemkinds.txt as without I won't have any free time to help you.  :wink:

-Zanyr

Cheers mate, I've been working on some new armours anyway to get away from the map frustration so it's really appreciated :smile: I'll send you the map files in a bit then I'll sort out a file of the Scottish equipment.

EDIT: Here's the files :- http://www.filedropper.com/mapfiles  it's only a basic map files, not bothered if anyone else wants to use it but if anyone else wants to have a look into spotting the problem feel free too, I'd be very grateful if someone saved me from doing the map a third time (which would most likely fail again...)

In the meantime, started on a few new surcoats :--

xr2ft.jpg

There's a few which aren't there and a few which were already existent but yeah...

GetAssista spotted the problem so the map's fixed now thank God for that. Just got to make it look more interesting then add and change a few things to the script then the initial version should be done. Might add a few more armours though since I Wednesdays are pretty much a day off for me.

-Peter- said:
GetAssista spotted the problem so the map's fixed now thank God for that. Just got to make it look more interesting then add and change a few things to the script then the initial version should be done. Might add a few more armours though since I Wednesdays are pretty much a day off for me.

Are your tartans rigged? The ones you sent me? I put the tartans and the Byrnie in-game and instead of showing up they just made the mens torsos invisible! You gotta tell me what went wrong. Texture files? check...Resource files? check...item kinds check... what else is there lad? This one issue stands before my release, it's like a slap in the face on a cold day.  :oops:

Prince Zanyr said:
Are your tartans rigged? The ones you sent me? I put the tartans and the Byrnie in-game and instead of showing up they just made the mens torsos invisible! You gotta tell me what went wrong. Texture files? check...Resource files? check...item kinds check... what else is there lad? This one issue stands before my release, it's like a slap in the face on a cold day.  :oops:

Yep. The problem is most likely that you haven't put the load_mod_resource bits into module.ini. For example "load_mod_resource = newcostumes" for the surcoats and tartan.

Screenshots :-

The map works  :shock: *shock*

mb40.jpg

NEVER ride straight at an English army by yourself.

mb43.jpg

The Scottish lords, standing...

mb44.jpg

Me and my mercenary army fighting some mounted bandits in Ireland.

mb45.jpg

After years of hard work (cheating), my English army is assembled.

mb50.jpg

Fighting the Scots.

mb53.jpg

Oh ****...

mb55.jpg

An English party raided a Scottish village...so I started a civil war.

mb60.jpg

mb63.jpg

Hoping to release the initial version today, just a few bugs and minor changes to do.

Hi there,

I've been following this mod for quite a time now and I have to say that it looks fantastic. Great models, great storyline... I'm looking forward to play this modification! I hope to play it soon...  :cool: Great work!!!

JDeNef13

I'm aware that one of the Scottish tunics is bugged, here's a quick bug-fix if you like for anyone that's downloaded the mod already - http://www.filedropper.com/troops , simply copy and paste the troops.txt file into the Britain 1297 module folder and click yes when asked if you want to overwrite.

The main download link is being updated now.

EDIT: The main download link has been updated with a fixed version. Please post any bugs that you spot or any suggestions on improving the mod, and once again, I hope you have fun playing :razz:

Tag!!!!

i love this mod thanks so much, your the best. just need formations and moral system it would make playing alote more fun then it all ready is.

thanks agine so much!!!

TeUton_MaN said:
Tag!!!!

i love this mod thanks so much, your the best. just need formations and moral system it would make playing alote more fun then it all ready is.

thanks agine so much!!!

Glad you're enjoying it :grin:

I put formations in however I took them out pretty much straight after as I enjoy having a horde of Scots charging full pelt at me instead of keeping in a straight line, gradually marching towards my army. Morale would be a good addition though, I'll look into it.

WTF.
I tried it and to start with my character was moving around like when you use cheats and have control held down. Then the inventory window did this. Then when I beat the **** out of some looters I couldn't leave. I think I'll download the bugfixed version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom