Bring Deserters back

Users who are viewing this thread

Over_9000

Recruit
I remmeber there were deserter parties in Warband that worked similar to looters but consisted of deserted army troops.
I have spent a whole week trying to bring them back in Bannerlord, with a cut functionality at least and now I want to share my experience.

Finally I managed to do it by creating 5 additional files for culture, party templates, clans (factions), 2 files for hero lords (without heroes there will be a CTD because of a dialogue screen, a faction hero must be a lord of special culture or a bandit, I tried many different combinations of available xml code here and couldn't get rid of them anyway)... Okay, eventually it started to work without crashes with a new game.

But there was a problem: their spawning was not culturally linked, so Khuzait horsemen deserters might appear in Batania's forests and so on. I tried to add their own hideots and put it on the map so they would spawn near them, but it's hard to do and all I've got were CTDs.

Then I got a brilliant idea. I wiped all out except party templates file, in wich I added deserter troops to their similar bandit cultures: sea raiders got some sturgian troops, forest bandits - battanian ones, mountain bandits - vlandian, ets, finally looters got imperial troops because there were no more bandit cultures left, lol.
AwvC7RS.png

As you can see, this may lead to many variations of the parties.

And so I told the game to use these corrected parties for bandit and it worked... partially. It looks like the game takes only first 3 lines and ignores all others, lol. However, I didn't find the code wich could cause such behavior. At the same time, hideouts are full of added troops and work fine. I don't know why it works so. Maybe I failed in the xmls, I checked it many times though.

Long story short, I found a code in dll files that simply adds negative relations to bandits and kingdoms, to bandits and hero and also Clan.Deserialize code that contains links to xml tags for spclans.xml.
Bw3rIeK.png

I can't inject my custom dll module in the game, I don't know C#. Maybe somebody here could do it.
That's all, folks.

Back
Top Bottom