Bought Viking DLC from Taleworlds, where is download? + Serial key converter

Users who are viewing this thread

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Not all serial keys can be converted, see the thread here for further info: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155134.0.html
Thanks. So is there no way to convert my retail key to a Steam key? Sorry if I sound clueless.

Taleworlds should do a commercial move for all the people that have legitimatly purchased Warband non drm version (other than gamersgate and Taleworlds).
Like giving them the link to VC from taleworlds server and activate the dlc with a warband non drm key?

I purchased VC on TW but havent downloaded it to try with my gamersgate old install (prior to steam key provided by GG). I cant tell if you need the non drm warband key to activate VC after download, as i activated my TW VC on steam with my other warband install there. So far the link provided in the TW mail is totally not protected and anyone having trouble with non drm serial could download it  :!:

Having had no reply from Taleworlds regarding my Warband key I purchased from Virgin media 4 years ago, and no proper answer from Gamersgate where I bought my VC last month which turned out to be a Steam key, Last night I bought a Steam serial from an EU online company for 5.72 Euros, (less tha £5 UK), a lot cheaper than Steam or Taleworlds. If Taleworlds did not want to provide an exchange for working keys free, or access to a download, then maybe a very cheap deal would have been an alternative.

I strongly agree with Vahadar, that when it was decided to move to Steam and provide only a Steam key for VC, something should have been done before to either provide a working conversion process to enable all legitimate keys to work on Steam, or a non Steam downloadable version of VC, including full access to updates etc. (which was my preference).

I personally feel cheated into buying another copy of M&B Warband, just a matter of principle I suppose at £5, but I would not have paid £15 so as to own 2 copies  :shock:
My advice is shop around, as I think those with keys not working could be waiting a while, and I personally hate waiting, and at my age time is precious!

Having said all that, having played just about every Mod going over the years, M&B is still my number 1 game, I just do not like the way this release has been "manhandled"  :roll:

Sir Mordred said:
48 hours after release and still no way to download it. And its the weekend so that probably means nothings going to happen in the next 48 hours.

Check your spam folder if you bought from Taleworlds directly, just in case.

The mail that was missing for those who prepurchased have been sent on the 11th. The mail is [email protected] and the title "Viking Conquest Installer Link".

They also sent today another email about the hotfix with a download link.

vahadar said:
Sir Mordred said:
48 hours after release and still no way to download it. And its the weekend so that probably means nothings going to happen in the next 48 hours.

The mail that was missing for those who prepurchased have been sent on the 11th. The mail is [email protected] and the title "Viking Conquest Installer Link".

I'd already checked my spam folder, but that you for the advice anyway. Never received either e-mail from Taleworlds, only one from Avangate with order number and Serial key.

Sir Mordred said:
vahadar said:
Sir Mordred said:

I'd already checked my spam folder, but that you for the advice anyway. Never received either e-mail from Taleworlds, only one from Avangate with order number and Serial key.
Same

Okita said:
Sir Mordred said:
vahadar said:
Sir Mordred said:

Same

Ditto.  :mad:

Much as I love TW and are willing to glance over a lot of their mistakes, this getting ridiculous, they're letting their loyal customers down

All Taleworlds would have to do is update the Viking Conquest page with a download link, Just like they have done with all their other releases.

I figured that there would be some problems with the release, that could need a patch to smooth things out. But I never expected that there would be a problem were people who pre-ordered the game from TaleWorlds would be unable to download the game for days. I though that would be the one thing TaleWorlds would have the most control over; that if there was one thing that couldn't go wrong it would be pre-ordering it from TaleWorlds. Shows how little I know.

Sir Mordred said:
I figured that there would be some problems with the release, that could need a patch to smooth things out. But I never expected that there would be a problem were people who pre-ordered the game from TaleWorlds would be unable to download the game for days. I though that would be the one thing TaleWorlds would have the most control over; that if there was one thing that couldn't go wrong it would be pre-ordering it from TaleWorlds. Shows how little I know.

Yep. Of course it has been the weekend. Maybe things will get done on Monday, though the benefits of pre-ordering are already pretty much gone.

vahadar said:
Friendly bump so someone @ Taleworlds can resend those missing mails  :idea:

Well, it is past normal closing time in Ankara, looks like Taleworlds has just decided to forget about its earliest preorders.  :roll:

I'm assuming that the workday in Turkey starts at 9, which is a little less then an hour from now, but I can't afford to stay up any latter so I'll just give this one last bump for tonight in the hope that it will grab the attention of someone who can help.

Back
Top Bottom